ADVERTISEMENT

Game Day: Coastal Carolina

Top of 2nd, we get a runner to 3rd with no outs and can't score him. That is some poor execution, there. Damn.

It's working for me....not the fastest updates, though.

2-run bomb for Miller puts IU up 3-1 middle of the 3rd.

Evidently, in the bottom of the 5th, Gorski threw out a runner at the plate to keep the score tied going into the 6th.

Looks to be a high scoring game. We need to find someone to shut them down.....11 hits for them through 5. Miller with 4 RBI's of our 5 runs.

Looks to be a high scoring game. We need to find someone to shut them down.....11 hits for them through 5. Miller with 4 RBI's of our 5 runs.

Krueger did, that inning.

We've now used 13 different pitchers in the 4 games (some more than once). Coming into this game, the #s were pretty good.

Beauchamp & Sloan are about the only guys we haven't pitched yet.....and I think Beauchamp might be benched for this tourney.

We've now used 13 different pitchers in the 4 games (some more than once). Coming into this game, the #s were pretty good.
Krueger got the 3rd out on a strikeout in the 6th with a man on, so it's on the 7th.

Last edited:

Beauchamp & Sloan are about the only guys we haven't pitched yet.....and I think Beauchamp might be benched for this tourney.
And don't forget Lloyd. I think he is going to pitch no matter what this game, that's why he is DH'ing.

Another note, Kaletha hit by pitch to start this inning out. That is the 4th HBP this game, including the 3rd by this pitcher. Wonder if it's getting chippy....no way to tell by game tracker...

Watching the live stats.....up 1-0 after 1.

6-5 now.....I wonder if he's thinking of Krueger going 3 innings? Or Loyd 2? Or a pitcher to be named later?

One thing's for sure...we can't afford to lose either Lloyd or Krueger this year.

yeah, he is really struggling at the plate early on here.

And Miller knocks in Kaletha on a ground out. This game has just about been all those 2.

Glad to see Bradley get a hit there......I think he can hit and I wish him well but he's got Dunham waiting if he doesn't do well.

Boy, we dodged a bullet in the B8th. Lloyd pitched out of a bases loaded situation, and it's on to the 9th as we are three outs away from a win.

Whew, Lloyd got out of a big jam there. That fly ball to left.....I just kept watching hoping it didn't score the run from 3rd....

IU down 1-2-3....that was the first inning this game that we did not score when Kaletha and Miller came to the plate. Come Lloyd, close this one out.

3rd error of the game.....grrrr....can't give them an extra out like that, a 1-run ball game in the bottom of the 9th....

Reactions: mk23
3rd error of the game.....grrrr....can't give them an extra out like that, a 1-run ball game in the bottom of the 9th....
whoohooo! Lloyd got 4 outs in the 9th!! Good thing we have Krueger and Loyd in the back end of the bullpen...

Nice win today. Coastal is a legit Top 25 caliber team playing at home. Need to shore up the D a bit (3 errors), but clutch hitting and pitching after that rocky start vs the Sooners. 3-1 weekends will go a long way this year.

Reactions: snowling and CF77
We handed both Coastal Carolina and South Alabama their first loss of the early season. When they got their lead-off runner on base in the 9th because of a throwing error, I had negative vibes. But good teams find a way of winning these games when they aren't very pretty.

Reactions: snowling and CF77
whoohooo! Lloyd got 4 outs in the 9th!! Good thing we have Krueger and Loyd in the back end of the bullpen...

Do you know who made the other 2 errors today?

Strange stats: Lloyd 1/16 for year, 1 TB; Miller: 3 hits this year, all HRs

Looks like the biggest need is to ID a couple of long relief Ps to get it to Krueger in the 8th. Can't be pitching him 2 innings all the time. Also, one would think Herrin & Saalfrank are on borrowed time if they pitch like they did the last 2 days. I hope Beauchamp has a solid outing when he gets a chance.

All-in-all, very fortunate to get out of this tourney 3-1.....it could easily have been 1-3. So coach is in a good position--plenty to bitch about but still got the wins.

Reactions: snowling
Do you know who made the other 2 errors today?

Strange stats: Lloyd 1/16 for year, 1 TB; Miller: 3 hits this year, all HRs

Looks like the biggest need is to ID a couple of long relief Ps to get it to Krueger in the 8th. Can't be pitching him 2 innings all the time. Also, one would think Herrin & Saalfrank are on borrowed time if they pitch like they did the last 2 days. I hope Beauchamp has a solid outing when he gets a chance.

All-in-all, very fortunate to get out of this tourney 3-1.....it could easily have been 1-3. So coach is in a good position--plenty to bitch about but still got the wins.
Box score says Sowers and Cross. I think I recall a throwing error, and I know they got a runner on by catcher's interference.

And on Lloyd - that one hit was his first AB, too. So he is 0 for his last 15. He will come around, though. We need better starting pitching, that's for sure. But 3-1 on this trip is pretty good, I'm happy with it.

Watching the live stats.....up 1-0 after 1.

Looking at our pitching........Stiever had a clunker but part of that had to do with 2 wind-assisted HRs. Also, 2 of the HRs came just after walks. So it was kind of a worst case scenerio against a very good lineup.

Eaton, Sommers and Sabol all had good outings---the OU announcer was particularly impressed with Sabol.

Austin Long had a good inning---I hadn't heard his name much going into the Spring and don't know what kind of a role he'll have.

Hobbie only gave up 1 run in 3 innings, but he sounded pretty shaky.

Milto did fine, but Saalfrank & Herrin were flat-out bad. Manous & Kryzsko both got hit hard.in brief appearances.

Krueger and Lloyd are both studs....so mentally tough.

Going forward I'm anxious to see more of Beauchamp, Eaton, Sommers, Sabol, Hobbie (in that long-relef role), and Manous.

Box score says Sowers and Cross. I think I recall a throwing error, and I know they got a runner on by catcher's interference.

And on Lloyd - that one hit was his first AB, too. So he is 0 for his last 15. He will come around, though. We need better starting pitching, that's for sure. But 3-1 on this trip is pretty good, I'm happy with it.

You have to say Lloyd's a tough sob to go get that save when he's 0/5 for the game and 0/15 for his last 15, with probably 6-7 SOs included.

Looking at our pitching........Stiever had a clunker but part of that had to do with 2 wind-assisted HRs. Also, 2 of the HRs came just after walks. So it was kind of a worst case scenerio against a very good lineup.

Eaton, Sommers and Sabol all had good outings---the OU announcer was particularly impressed with Sabol.

Austin Long had a good inning---I hadn't heard his name much going into the Spring and don't know what kind of a role he'll have.

Hobbie only gave up 1 run in 3 innings, but he sounded pretty shaky.

Milto did fine, but Saalfrank & Herrin were flat-out bad. Manous & Kryzsko both got hit hard.in brief appearances.

Krueger and Lloyd are both studs....so mentally tough.

Going forward I'm anxious to see more of Beauchamp, Eaton, Sommers, Sabol, Hobbie (in that long-relef role), and Manous.
Wind assisted or not....Oklahoma's pitcher seemed to get through it okay. Stiever is supposed to be our best starter, so it was still disappointing. But it was just one outing, it happens....

Wind assisted or not....Oklahoma's pitcher seemed to get through it okay. Stiever is supposed to be our best starter, so it was still disappointing. But it was just one outing, it happens....

Yes, no doubt, but he was so good in the summer that I think it was just one bad outing.......the Saalfrank & Herrin outings are problematic.

I'm guessing the strength of schedule rankings are not based solely on who you have played so far, but on the early results of every team on your entire schedule. Otherwise, some of them would not make any sense, at least to me.
Maybe so. Some of it looked strange to me, too. But I'll certainly take it.

ADVERTISEMENT