ADVERTISEMENT

Gallagher Gets Off

toastedbread

Hall of Famer
Oct 25, 2006
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/21/us/trump-seals-eddie-gallagher.html

First at trial due to intimidation from right wing media and Trump, and now the above.

I imagine there might be some resignations by navy leaders. Don't see how you can continue serving under such circumstances.

His behavior after the trial was deplorable. One would think he would go away and shut up. Surely he was "innocent" :rolleyes:, despite the mulitple seals who claimed he shot unarmed civilians in the back.

Reactions: MaxCoke

First at trial due to intimidation from right wing media and Trump, and now the above.

I imagine there might be some resignations by navy leaders. Don't see how you can continue serving under such circumstances.

His behavior after the trial was deplorable. One would think he would go away and shut up. Surely he was "innocent" :rolleyes:, despite the mulitple seals who claimed he shot unarmed civilians in the back.
Not resignations. They will be reduced to their permanent rank and retired.

The rot is deep and needs to be excised

If you look at the charge sheet, it appears to be an attack on Gallagher's overall character by putting 2 instances of wrongful use of a controlled substance with a bunch of allegations that the prosecution knew could not be substantiated before the jury to paint a picture of Gallagher as an out-of-control rogue operator.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
If you look at the charge sheet, it appears to be an attack on Gallagher's overall character by putting 2 instances of wrongful use of a controlled substance with a bunch of allegations that the prosecution knew could not be substantiated before the jury to paint a picture of Gallagher as an out-of-control rogue operator.
Pictures. The pictures.

Gallagher was charged with 10 counts.
He was convicted on exactly one count: posing with a casualty.

If you were confident in your argument, you would have used the correct description of his conviction. He posed for photos with a corpse. That’s your guy.

If you were confident in your argument, you would have used the correct description of his conviction. He posed for photos with a corpse. That’s your guy.
Article 134 Wrongfully pose for an unofficial picture with a human casualty.
Gallagher was ordered to be reduced one grade
Edit to add : Gallagher was the "SEAL of the Year" in SEAL Team 7 in the year in which the accusations against him were made.

Last edited:
In 2024, unless the Supreme Court gives him unlimited terms of office.
And if they don't? Trump would simply ignore their ruling, and his "people" would easily be convinced to go along. Plus, I'd expect by 2024 we'll be to the point where prominent critics are locked up.

Do you think Putin would allow some silly court to throw him out of office?

Reactions: Bill4411
US veterans say Trump views military ‘as tool for massacres’ after reinstating accused war criminal to Navy
'For Trump to just step in and undermine centuries worth of morale and discipline undercuts the very military that he’s trying to command'
trump-military.jpg

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...dent-mark-esper-richard-spencer-a9217716.html

US veterans decried Donald Trump’s orders to restore an accused war criminal's rank in the Navy, saying the decision “sets a dangerous precedent” and suggests the commander-in-chief views the military “as a tool for massacres”.

Numerous veterans spoke out about the move to The Independent after Secretary of Defence Mark Esper confirmed he was ordered by the president to retain Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher’s status in the elite service, as well as his Trident pin, a prestigious special warfare insignia.

“Ever since Donald Trump became president he’s been tearing the military apart, putting troops in the difficult position of needing to choose between obedience to his unhinged orders, and staying true to our code of honour,” said Alexander McCoy, a former Marine and political director of the veteran group Common Defence. “By pardoning war criminals because Fox News told him to, Trump showed he sees our military as a tool for massacres, not as the professional, honourable force we aspire to be.”

The president’s demands could cause “significant long-term damage to the Naval Special Warfare community,” according to James Waters, a former Navy SEAL platoon commander and White House staff member in the Bush administration, who told The Independent: “The only people who weigh in on whether a Navy SEAL deserves to keep his Trident are people who have their Trident.”

“Every SEAL knows he must ‘earn your Trident every day’ – even after officially qualifying – and the same standard should apply here,” Mr Waters said. “Unless you’ve been through Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL training and served in the Teams and know the specific facts related to a person’s performance, you’re not qualified to weigh in.”

He added: “This is vital to maintaining the high standards required to be effective in the Teams and on the battlefield. The absolute last thing the nation needs is to open the floodgates to outside interests determining who gets to wear and keep the Trident.”

Reactions: Bill4411
And if they don't? Trump would simply ignore their ruling, and his "people" would easily be convinced to go along. Plus, I'd expect by 2024 we'll be to the point where prominent critics are locked up.

Lol

US veterans say Trump views military ‘as tool for massacres’ after reinstating accused war criminal to Navy
'For Trump to just step in and undermine centuries worth of morale and discipline undercuts the very military that he’s trying to command'
trump-military.jpg

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...dent-mark-esper-richard-spencer-a9217716.html

US veterans decried Donald Trump’s orders to restore an accused war criminal's rank in the Navy, saying the decision “sets a dangerous precedent” and suggests the commander-in-chief views the military “as a tool for massacres”.

Numerous veterans spoke out about the move to The Independent after Secretary of Defence Mark Esper confirmed he was ordered by the president to retain Navy SEAL Eddie Gallagher’s status in the elite service, as well as his Trident pin, a prestigious special warfare insignia.

“Ever since Donald Trump became president he’s been tearing the military apart, putting troops in the difficult position of needing to choose between obedience to his unhinged orders, and staying true to our code of honour,” said Alexander McCoy, a former Marine and political director of the veteran group Common Defence. “By pardoning war criminals because Fox News told him to, Trump showed he sees our military as a tool for massacres, not as the professional, honourable force we aspire to be.”

The president’s demands could cause “significant long-term damage to the Naval Special Warfare community,” according to James Waters, a former Navy SEAL platoon commander and White House staff member in the Bush administration, who told The Independent: “The only people who weigh in on whether a Navy SEAL deserves to keep his Trident are people who have their Trident.”

“Every SEAL knows he must ‘earn your Trident every day’ – even after officially qualifying – and the same standard should apply here,” Mr Waters said. “Unless you’ve been through Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL training and served in the Teams and know the specific facts related to a person’s performance, you’re not qualified to weigh in.”

He added: “This is vital to maintaining the high standards required to be effective in the Teams and on the battlefield. The absolute last thing the nation needs is to open the floodgates to outside interests determining who gets to wear and keep the Trident.”
Cadet Bone Spurs loves the military like he loves America.

190303135723-trump-cpac-0302-super-169.jpg

Jesus.

You need to get a grip.

In 2024, unless the Supreme Court gives him unlimited terms of office.

would be interesting if Trump loses the 2020 election, if he doesn't take one last trip as commander and chief outside the US, and doesn't come back, learning a lesson from the Epstein thing.

no telling what all is in Trump's tax returns, the Russian hack thing, God knows what all other shady dealings.

would be interesting if Trump loses the 2020 election, if he doesn't take one last trip as commander and chief outside the US, and doesn't come back, learning a lesson from the Epstein thing.

no telling what all is in Trump's tax returns, the Russian hack thing, God knows what all other shady dealings.

So you assume IRS ignored all this fraud you know is in Trump’s tax returns? Their audits have just been a charade?

So you assume IRS ignored all this fraud you know is in Trump’s tax returns? Their audits have just been a charade?
Meh, most likely wants to hide how little he pays, but even more so that he isn’t as wealthy as he pretends to be and further expose how shaky his empire may be?

We know he will commit fraud willingly enough, as the recent fine his sham “charity” just paid.

The guy has always been a scammer who preys on others as history clearly shows, whether there is tax fraud on a large scale...who knows, but he clearly wants to hide something.

For any thinking person to believe he is hiding his returns or any of his business dealings on honest principals, just displays willful ignorance on their part based on his complete lack of honesty on any subject. Willful ignorance is not a virtue I care to partake in.

Reactions: Timmy!
Meh, most likely wants to hide how little he pays, but even more so that he isn’t as wealthy as he pretends to be and further expose how shaky his empire may be?

We know he will commit fraud willingly enough, as the recent fine his sham “charity” just paid.

The guy has always been a scammer who preys on others as history clearly shows, whether there is tax fraud on a large scale...who knows, but he clearly wants to hide something.

For any thinking person to believe he is hiding his returns or any of his business dealings on honest principals, just displays willful ignorance on their part based on his complete lack of honesty on any subject. Willful ignorance is not a virtue I care to partake in.

What right do you have to see his return or anyone else’s return? None.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
What right do you have to see his return or anyone else’s return? None.
Nice deflection. Like I said willful ignorance is a great thing I guess. The guy is a con man his entire life who lied about his own beginnings in business. The less the lemmings know the better they feel I guess.

Heck the lying coward uses the US taxpayer to help prop up his hotels and you just shrug..lol. I remember the rights outrage at Obama golfing and the cost...Trumps cost and wasted days doing the same thing times ten...shrug,lol. He has no interest in the fools that support him or their welfare, it is just another scam on a grander scale to enrich himself and his parasitic family. If you wanna ignore reality and dance like a clown to his music, enjoy.

Last edited:
Now, there you go again. We've already debunked this argument.

First, Trump keeps saying the audit isn't over. So, no matter how much you want to defend Trump, you can't do it with audits if the audits aren't over yet.

Second, the IRS audits examine only a limited range of issues related to income tax. Yet (as I suspect you know), income tax returns are sought by authorities and lawyers for a whole bunch of reasons having nothing to do with income tax liability like child support amounts, support to ex-wife amounts, insurance fraud, property tax fraud, Medicare fraud, liability to business partners.

Third, the tax returns could establish things having nothing to do with tax liability or fraud whatsoever, but nonetheless things that Tfump denied he had anything to do with.

Nice try (not really).

My brother is a Navy Commander and SEAL and he has nothing good to say about this situation or Gallagher for that matter.

Reactions: sglowrider
Tell us about your military experience that taught you that fired = retired.
If you don't know the difference at your age, and I am assuming you are older than 7, there's no point for me to waste my time to explain it. You should ask the question to an expert, such as Private Bone-Spurs.

Unlike you and Private Born Spurs, I have served in the military. Sorry to disappoint you!

If you don't know the difference at your age, and I am assuming you are older than 7, there's no point for me to waste my time to explain it. You should ask the question to an expert, such as Private Bone-Spurs.

Unlike you and Private Born Spurs, I have served in the military. Sorry to disappoint you!
Really, did you proofread your post, it’s sorta embarrassing! Childish and out there!

My brother is a Navy Commander and SEAL and he has nothing good to say about this situation or Gallagher for that matter.

Its a cunning but cynical move by Trump. Its consistent with of Bannon's philosophy of the deconstruction of the administrative state. That includes homeland security and the military.

So he's trying to send the message that he is a rebel fighting against the 'system' (that has so far kept his supporters down.)

He is also legitimising the breaking of conventional rules like the Military Code and associating his own breaking of conventional rules ie the Law to his own behaviour.

I won't waste a minute debating about my military service with something like you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT