ADVERTISEMENT

FYI... RONDALE IS BACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not saying you're are wrong, but are you basing that off ranking alone? If so, it's probably fair. Also, rondales 100% healed from his injury and he isn't injury prone. So while there is concern, it's no more than anyone else. Dudes trying to prove he's a 1st round pick and he's a competitor. I didn't expect it, but excited to see Bell and Moore in the same offense.

Of interesting note. Fields is a great QB, but Purdue had more passing yards than osu last year. Every QB to start at Purdue has thrown for 400 yards in a game under Brohm. The run game is the difference in the offenses.

Wilson should challenge to be the best WR in the nation this season. He was like the #2 or #3 ranked HS player overall in 2018. He had an electric 1st season last year, but O$U was packed at WR and he wasn't featured. He will be this season and he's a beast. He's a top 15 pick in the NFL after his junior season beast. Olave is also a monster. Moore and Bell are really good too, but I give the edge to those two. After Bell and Moore there's not a WR at PU that could get onto the field for O$U. Mack, Victor, and Hill were all upperclassmen that were ahead of Wilson last year, and they're all in the NFL now. Wilson is special and will show it this season.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Milton Wright and Maliq Carr would. Probably not this year but TJ Sheffield could play there in the next year or so. All 3 had offers from OSU.

So if you think Rondale had a major injury, I’m guessing you think Penix had a major injury too?

Yes, Penix had a major injury. 2 years in a row in fact. None of the PU WR's behind Moore and Bell would touch the field at O$U. You're being silly. Also, O$U has 3 WR's coming in for next year all ranked in the top 50 overall in HS this year. Nobody from PU behind Bell and Moore are cracking that group.

And it gives me zero pleasure to laud O$U for anything as I hate those guys.

If it was not a serious injury why did he miss so much time? I think Purdue was not completely honest about the injury.
I don't know the first thing, but at 2-5, why bring him back and risk another injury. Hamstring injuries can last forever if not fully healed. That's how I took it at least. And maybe it was worse than thought. Idk. He was doing backflips at spring practice though, so it seems like he was healthy then. Just glad we get to play football tbh!

I don't know the first thing, but at 2-5, why bring him back and risk another injury. Hamstring injuries can last forever if not fully healed. That's how I took it at least. And maybe it was worse than thought. Idk. He was doing backflips at spring practice though, so it seems like he was healthy then. Just glad we get to play football tbh!

Hyperextended knee and hammy that cost him the year.

I understand PU fans are excited he is back and i don't blame you... but man, what a risk for an ** season.

No way my kid does that and i would say the same if he were an IU player.

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
Hyperextended knee and hammy that cost him the year.

I understand PU fans are excited he is back and i don't blame you... but man, what a risk for an ** season.

No way my kid does that and i would say the same if he were an IU player.
Fair point. There is nothing to be afraid of though either. If he had be injured at any other point in his career, it would make more sense. Like Penix if he was a projected first rounder. That would make more sense imo.

He is a very gifted athlete and I wish him well but it sounds like he is getting some very bad advice. Coming back from a serious injury for a mostly meaningless shortened, covid-laced, arctic season on that shithole field is a big risk. If he were my son, he would certainly not.
It sounds like he has a competitive drive that maybe you don’t. That’s why we’re on a sports forum and they’re playing high level sports.

tenor.gif
Have to give credit where credit is due. That was one amazing play! And the best part of it was it happened against Ohio State.

It sounds like he has a competitive drive that maybe you don’t. That’s why we’re on a sports forum and they’re playing high level sports.

My competitive drive would support playing at the highest level for the most reward. Not risking it all on a frozen grassless tundra while dodging Corona virus on no-name team during a nearly meaningless season.

Reactions: Chriselli and 76-1
Given the schedules and the number of playmakers on the roster, Purdue could well win the West. I expect they will come to Bloomington needing a win to do so.

My competitive drive would support playing at the highest level for the most reward. Not risking it all on a frozen grassless tundra while dodging Corona virus on no-name team during a nearly meaningless season.
Like most in his position, he is not risking it all. He will have an insurance policy to guarantee that. The feedback he has been given is that he is likely late first/early 2nd round selection and his goal is to show he’s the best receiver in college football. Sitting and only watching, as we do, I see your perspective, and don’t necessarily disagree. Rondale must not view his situation as you do, which is probably all that matters.

Last edited:
WTF!! Enough already!! Is this an IU site or a Purdue site? I can't tell anymore with all this Ronda.... whomever crap. I don't give one sh?t about the guy and especially his school so, please, get this crap off of here and keep it to what we're here for!

Like most in his position, he is not risking it all. He will have an insurance policy to guarantee that. The feedback he has been given is that he is likely late first/early 2nd round selection and his goal is to show he’s the best receiver in college football. Sitting and only watching, as we do, I see your perspective, and don’t necessarily disagree. Rondale must not view his situation as you do, which is probably all that matters.

Gotta love fanboi

I have to agree with jsenleo. I almost deleted the thread when it appeared b/c it's a "who gives a sh!t" type of topic for an IU fan site; but evereyone has been civil so I let it run its course. I think it's time to close it out -- all the viewpoints have been expressed -- thanks for keeping it clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT