ADVERTISEMENT

FYI... RONDALE IS BACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohio State has something to say about that.
tenor.gif

Simple economics would say PU overpaid out of desperation.
Don't read this as me calling Brohm the goat, but when looking at the bigger picture, Purdue's program would have been worse off than when Bro got there if he walked. I believe that. It's not as simple as they paid him. It's a tough thing to look at and fully comprehend if he was worth it without knowing all the moving pieces. Looking at their three stars, Bell is going to PSU, Moore to Louisville, and Karlaftis to UM if Brohm walks. That's just those three.

Reactions: LedZep17
Don't read this as me calling Brohm the goat, but when looking at the bigger picture, Purdue's program would have been worse off than when Bro got there if he walked. I believe that. It's not as simple as they paid him. It's a tough thing to look at and fully comprehend if he was worth it without knowing all the moving pieces. Looking at their three stars, Bell is going to PSU, Moore to Louisville, and Karlaftis to UM if Brohm walks. That's just those three.

Exactly. Nothing simple about it.

If he didn’t last year, why will it change this year?
Actually both bell and mullen did well last year. Bell was targeted about 17 or 18 times coming up with 9 catches for 136 yards and a touchdown. 4 of those catches were extremely heavly contested and bell made very good plays but mullen also had 8 tackles 2.5 for a loss, 4 pass breakups against bell and a fumble recovery. Bell did well enough to keep purdue in the game but it is also true mullen did enough to finish the game.

Both played great

I think you could have at least found another Danny Hope or the actual Danny Hope for a lot less and the same results as Brohm. There is a threshold for overpaying. Even Louisville said Brohm was too rich for their taste, and they arguably hired a better coach in Satterfield. Satterfield got to 8 wins his first year.

I think you could have at least found another Danny Hope or the actual Danny Hope for a lot less and the same results as Brohm. There is a threshold for overpaying. Even Louisville said Brohm was too rich for their taste, and they arguably hired a better coach in Satterfield. Satterfield got to 8 wins his first year.
Satterfield inherited a much better situation than Brohm did. But that's not the point. They could have hired another hope, but how would another hope do inheriting a program that won 9 games in 4 years, then had two .500 years, then lost all their talented players being force to start over vs inheriting Tillers success. I don't think they would have walked in and landed back to back top 30 classes. So it would have been another restart. You just got the fans reingauged. Gonna hand that away? That's what made it so rough.

Reactions: Chriselli
Satterfield inherited a much better situation than Brohm did. But that's not the point. They could have hired another hope, but how would another hope do inheriting a program that won 9 games in 4 years, then had two .500 years, then lost all their talented players being force to start over vs inheriting Tillers success. I don't think they would have walked in and landed back to back top 30 classes. So it would have been another restart. You just got the fans reingauged. Gonna hand that away? That's what made it so rough.
PU could have hired Satterfield or somebody like him. I don't think it would have been the end of the world, maybe would have been better. If you are Brohm, it doesn't look good to make a power play like that, get even more money, and go 4-8, injuries or not.

Reactions: 76-1
PU could have hired Satterfield or somebody like him. I don't think it would have been the end of the world, maybe would have been better. If you are Brohm, it doesn't look good to make a power play like that, get even more money, and go 4-8, injuries or not.
Ya. They could have hired satterfield, but would he have come? Probably in a better situation at app state. All jokes aside.

4-8 wasn't the greatest look, but everyone knew it was going to be 5 years to rebuild. Needs to show a step forward this year though.

Purdue had no issues scoring against you guys last year. OL will be better and there will be more weapons on offense.
We played with a patched up OL, our 3rd sting RB and backup QB.

I have no explanation for your offensive success against us, other than it was a miserable day. We were geared up to stop your passing game and your big (walk-on?) RB was getting 10 yards before our Defense knew he was past the line of scrimmage. I have no answer for that, other than PU was running something completely different than what we were expecting or practiced for. Did I mention it was a miserable day? Much more conducive to a running game, which PU took advantage of.

That was our DC's first season. He was much better against Tennessee.

Ohio St is a much better overall group. It's not really that close. I'll admit that Wilson and Olave are not that much better than Bell and Moore, but after that it's a blowout for O$U. Plus Fields is a far superior QB and that matters. On top of that, Moore has to actually stay healthy and play to be counted in this discussion. There are definite question marks around him as he's coming back off a major injury.

Reactions: vesuvius13

He is a very gifted athlete and I wish him well but it sounds like he is getting some very bad advice. Coming back from a serious injury for a mostly meaningless shortened, covid-laced, arctic season on that shithole field is a big risk. If he were my son, he would certainly not.

Actually both bell and mullen did well last year. Bell was targeted about 17 or 18 times coming up with 9 catches for 136 yards and a touchdown. 4 of those catches were extremely heavly contested and bell made very good plays but mullen also had 8 tackles 2.5 for a loss, 4 pass breakups against bell and a fumble recovery. Bell did well enough to keep purdue in the game but it is also true mullen did enough to finish the game.

Both played great

Bell is a stud and a good kid. Should have come to IU.

Ohio St is a much better overall group. It's not really that close. I'll admit that Wilson and Olave are not that much better than Bell and Moore, but after that it's a blowout for O$U. Plus Fields is a far superior QB and that matters. On top of that, Moore has to actually stay healthy and play to be counted in this discussion. There are definite question marks around him as he's coming back off a major injury.
I'm not saying you're are wrong, but are you basing that off ranking alone? If so, it's probably fair. Also, rondales 100% healed from his injury and he isn't injury prone. So while there is concern, it's no more than anyone else. Dudes trying to prove he's a 1st round pick and he's a competitor. I didn't expect it, but excited to see Bell and Moore in the same offense.

Of interesting note. Fields is a great QB, but Purdue had more passing yards than osu last year. Every QB to start at Purdue has thrown for 400 yards in a game under Brohm. The run game is the difference in the offenses.

I’d take Bell/Moore over those two. How is it a blowout? It’s a lot closer than you think it is. And why are you calling it a major injury? It wasn’t.

He is a very gifted athlete and I wish him well but it sounds like he is getting some very bad advice. Coming back from a serious injury for a mostly meaningless shortened, covid-laced, arctic season on that shithole field is a big risk. If he were my son, he would certainly not.

It wasn’t a serious injury though. Would be different if he tore something IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT