ADVERTISEMENT

FYI on tickets if you are planning to go to the Cincy game.

Hoosiers47614

Junior
Gold Member
Nov 11, 2019
I suggest SeatGeek for the tickets. There are tickets on there that UC is selling directly, and they are running a few bucks (~$6-7 lower a pop) cheaper than anything I could find on Stubhub, Ticketmaster, or VividSeats. Plus, SeatGeek allows installment payments, which the others don't.

Normally not a big deal but, considering three tickets in the upper-level visitor-section still cost me $380, it comes in handy.

I suggest SeatGeek for the tickets. There are tickets on there that UC is selling directly, and they are running a few bucks (~$6-7 lower a pop) cheaper than anything I could find on Stubhub, Ticketmaster, or VividSeats. Plus, SeatGeek allows installment payments, which the others don't.

Normally not a big deal but, considering three tickets in the upper-level visitor-section still cost me $380, it comes in handy.
It’s a smaller stadium so any seat isn’t bad

UC plays Miami this weekend at Paul Brown stadium. It would make too much sense for them to play IU there instead, I guess?

UC plays Miami this weekend at Paul Brown stadium. It would make too much sense for them to play IU there instead, I guess
Nah...campus games are infinitely better. It's like eating at a local restaurant versus eating at an Applebee's.

Pretty sure it’s Miami’s “home” game, right? UC would’ve played it at Nippert.
It probably is Miami’s home game but Oxford is probably 45 - a hour away. Both of my sisters are Miami grads. UC did play OSU at Paul Brown years ago but I’m sure that was more about OSU dictating where they played.

It probably is Miami’s home game but Oxford is probably 45 - a hour away. Both of my sisters are Miami grads. UC did play OSU at Paul Brown years ago but I’m sure that was more about OSU dictating where they played.
Assume Miami gets a bigger payday by “hosting” the game in downtown Cincinnati, rather than in Oxford.

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Didn’t we have a home game at FedEx Field in Maryland?

Reactions: 4IUSox2
Didn’t we have a home game at FedEx Field in Maryland?
Yes, the game was in Maryland vs Penn State. I remember seeing a DC tv sports broadcaster interviewing Lynch and he asked him if IU would be intimidated by the size of the NFL FedEx field. The clueless broadcaster looked surprised when Lynch replied that if FedEx field was in the Big Ten it would only be the 4th largest stadium IU visits.

Yes, the game was in Maryland vs Penn State. I remember seeing a DC tv sports broadcaster interviewing Lynch and he asked him if IU would be intimidated by the size of the NFL FedEx field. The clueless broadcaster looked surprised when Lynch replied that if FedEx field was in the Big Ten it would only be the 4th largest stadium IU visits.
lol, I think I do recall that.

Reactions: DCDAVID
Nah...campus games are infinitely better. It's like eating at a local restaurant versus eating at an Applebee's.
UC fans would scream bloody murder if IU game were moved downtown, especially after spending $87M on a stadium upgrade.

You’ll be hard-pressed to find a more on-campus stadium than Nippert. The south end zone is literally bordered by an academic building, and ticket takers stand outside the basement door by the pub in student union, which sits 50 feet from the stadium (there’s a small bridge ftom the student union to the club seats as well).

Nippert has some obvious flaws, but it’s a great place to watch a football game.

The only truly bad seats are field level. There’s not much elevation in the bottom rows.

I hope you feel welcome at UC.

Pretty sure it’s Miami’s “home” game, right? UC would’ve played it at Nippert.
The Miami game historically was always played in Cincinnati - on Thanksgiving, I believe, and only after UC’s recent success was Miami’s home game moved to zos Brown (now Paycor).

I’m guessing 2/3 will be UC fans - if not more. It’s also Oktoberfest weekend Downtown so that’s an added draw for many.

UC fans would scream bloody murder if IU game were moved downtown, especially after spending $87M on a stadium upgrade.

You’ll be hard-pressed to find a more on-campus stadium than Nippert. The south end zone is literally bordered by an academic building, and ticket takers stand outside the basement door by the pub in student union, which sits 50 feet from the stadium (there’s a small bridge ftom the student union to the club seats as well).

Nippert has some obvious flaws, but it’s a great place to watch a football game.

The only truly bad seats are field level. There’s not much elevation in the bottom rows.

I hope you feel welcome at UC.
Looking forward to it. There should be a decent IU crowd there. Please list a few fav after game spots that provide the campus flavor. Ding

Last edited:
Pretty sure I recall the 2010 PSU game in DC with IU having a good comeback to tie it up in the 4th quarter then get beat on a blocked punt.

In ‘91, Northwestern played a “neutral site home” game in old Cleveland Stadium vs OSU.

Pretty sure I recall the 2010 PSU game in DC with IU having a good comeback to tie it up in the 4th quarter then get beat on a blocked punt.

In ‘91, Northwestern played a “neutral site home” game in old Cleveland Stadium vs OSU.
Yes, the PSU game in Maryland was our home game. Bill Lynch wasn’t pleased.

AD Glass made a solid dollars and cents decision for the venue change. His department was not rolling in cash. Home game attendance was mediocre at best especially considering student support was waning. Poor ticket sales caused the revenue challenge. PSU would have pumped up attendance for sure but not $3m more. Lynch was a dead man walking and was never going to be anything more. Decision was simple as 1-2-3. It no doubt was a tough decision for a new AD to make knowing there would be criticism. The $3m was much needed.

AD Glass made a solid dollars and cents decision for the venue change. His department was not rolling in cash. Home game attendance was mediocre at best especially considering student support was waning. Poor ticket sales caused the revenue challenge. PSU would have pumped up attendance for sure but not $3m more. Lynch was a dead man walking and was never going to be anything more. Decision was simple as 1-2-3. It no doubt was a tough decision for a new AD to make knowing there would be criticism. The $3m was much needed.
That’s pitiful. Sounds like the kind of position that, say, Middle Tennessee is constantly in.

Looking forward to it. There should be a decent IU crowd there. Please list a few fav after game spots that provide the campus flavor. Ding
If UC plays IU like UC is playing today - and like they did last week - IU wins.

Not sure I’m the best person for recommending campus haunts - the area has changed a lot - but Adriatico’s by campus has the best pizza and is packed post-game. Uncle Woody’s sits directly across the street from campus and been around for about 50 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walt542
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT