ADVERTISEMENT

Furst

Sir_Saucy

Freshman
Aug 7, 2019
Rumblings of Furst to Purdue... Would take them out of the running for Kaufman, on the bright side.

Article a few months ago basically said Kaufman was a two team race between Purdue and Xavier. Now that Furst just chose Purdue I’d say Xavier is the clear team to beat for Kaufman

He looks like a guy who is going to be a pain in IU’s side...
Yes he does, would have been a great get for us, but it was always a long shot. I think he probably noticed their recent success with bigs and thought it was the better system for him, plus closer to home

He looks like the quintessential brawny Purdue player that gives us four years of fits. I was really hoping he would pick Mich. St. over Purdue. Our chances of ever beating them again just got worse.

Reactions: skfboiler
Yes, less than 3 months ago it was thought to be turning into a 2 team race. Purdue obviously isn’t in the race any longer meaning that’s not the case now which is why I’d guess Xavier.
That being the case, Furst is a lock for MSU then? All the gurus say he is 100% MSU. You telling me that things don’t change?

Fort Wayne is a Purdue town. IPFW is now just PFW. From the days of Eugene Parker, Walter Jordan, Eiffert, Tony Jones, to another Eiffert and Furst.

That being the case, Furst is a lock for MSU then? All the gurus say he is 100% MSU. You telling me that things don’t change?
What gurus? The MSU guy was the only crystal ball prediction before a couple picked Purdue the hour before he committed right? That’s just a homer being a homer there. I don’t remember any national guys from rivals saying he was a MSU lick either.

Back to Kaufman though. Sure things could’ve changed since the mid December article saying it was down to Xavier and Purdue. It obviously has now that Purdue got Furst. If it was down to those schools in mid December then I have hard time believing he is a silent verbal now to a 3rd school based on where he visited in September/October. Heck, he was just back at Purdue 10 days ago on his own dime for the Michigan game which would be odd for a player who is a silent verbal to IU don’t you think?

He could very well end up at IU in the end but the silent verbal

Fort Wayne is a Purdue town. IPFW is now just PFW. From the days of Eugene Parker, Walter Jordan, Eiffert, Tony Jones, to another Eiffert and Furst.

Most fans in Fort Wayne are typical reversible jacket fans, IU-BB & ND FB. Purdue has in the past gotten some very good players out of the area though. The change in name from IPFW to PFW has nothing or very little to do with IU and Purdue sports fandom. I will say that there are more Boiler fans than they used to be, but it is still largely an IU town.

I expect Kaufman to sign with IU, but have no real inside knowledge except what has been posted on both IU and PU boards.

Peoples were saying the other day he was basically ours to lose. That would really stink if true

I wouldn't put any stock in what folks are saying in this thread about Xavier. From what I see it's a couple PU guys who are surmising that from the article that said it was a 2 school race between PU and X and that article was 3 months ago, which is a world of time in recruiting. This is just PU guys trying to take a backhanded swipe by saying IU won't get Kaufman... same as they said about TJD, Romeo, Cody, etc.... Since then it appears Lville has emerged and IU has been making up ground. There was very little talk of Lander to IU until last week, so I doubt much has changed in the last week related to IU or X for Kaufman, unless he was blown away by Lville during his visit, but I'm sure he's been there multiple times too.

ADVERTISEMENT