ADVERTISEMENT

Furlough cuts

Did the other departments take a cut? History? Chemistry? Etc?
or is the thinking that football is not being played, therefore should not be paid?

Did the other departments take a cut? History? Chemistry? Etc?
or is the thinking that football is not being played, therefore should not be paid?

They are separate budgets and revenue streams but yes. There was a 5% general fund reduction. Also a hiring freeze, and a freeze on most promotions/pay increases.

Reactions: minneman
The new B1G Commish appears to be playing election year politics with B1G Universities being held ransom.
He needs a plan to open up the B1G in 2020 or be fired.

Iowa cut 4 sports that could have all been played for almost nothing, while paying multi million dollar salaries to some coaches, and huge bucks to a lot of other coaches and administrators..

that caught people's attention.

Iowa cut 4 sports that could have all been played for almost nothing, while paying multi million dollar salaries to some coaches, and huge bucks to a lot of other coaches and administrators..

What sports don't travel?

What sports don't travel?

do the tennis and cross country teams fly?

i highly doubt it, and Iowa doesn't need to travel any further east than Illinois or Wisc for the sports cut to have a vibrant season.

i'm guessing one assistant fball or bball coach makes more than the entire budget of all 4 sports cut, and the head fball and bball coaches probably get more in just perks.

not to mention some of the opulent facility expenditures.

Last edited:

Iowa is scheduled to hold the men's swimming national championship meet this year. I hope the NCAA does the same to Iowa as Iowa did to their swimming teams and says, "F you!" It's a joke if they can hold the championship the same year they're cutting their own swim team. They don't deserve that privilege.

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT