ADVERTISEMENT

Funny?

largemouth

All-American
Feb 3, 2004
139769177_1593253540862560_8275721884676849121_n.jpg

I rarely talk politics in church. I tell folks to vote during election time because only when you vote do you have the right to complain.
Interesting position on voting and complaining. It would be like stating and believing - Unless you've coached college ball, you shouldn't complain about the coaching. Or the big one, unless you've been pregnant, you shouldn't be telling a pregnant woman what she can or can't do.

That's the logical extension of your original position, isn't it?

Interesting position on voting and complaining. It would be like stating and believing - Unless you've coached college ball, you shouldn't complain about the coaching. Or the big one, unless you've been pregnant, you shouldn't be telling a pregnant woman what she can or can't do.

I think it is all about the stake you have in the game whether it be sports or life. I love IU so much that the basketball coach at Moody in Chicago used to call me, "Indiana" when I walked down the halls. So I have a stake in it. I am alive and love children, having four of my own so my love for kids in general causes me to want them to live and not be killed.

I think it is all about the stake you have in the game whether it be sports or life. I love IU so much that the basketball coach at Moody in Chicago used to call me, "Indiana" when I walked down the halls. So I have a stake in it. I am alive and love children, having four of my own so my love for kids in general causes me to want them to live and not be killed.
That's a fascinating point of view. Despite no involvement of any kind in those two examples, you lay claim to a stake that gives you a say in what happens. You also think a person who doesn't vote has no right to complain. I'd love to hear how they don't have a stake, but you do, despite neither having of you having any direct involvement. Why does their lack of involvement invalidate their opinion, but not yours?

I am alive and love children, having four of my own so my love for kids in general causes me to want them to live and not be killed.
I would think, then, that you would support Democratic candidates for POTUS, since there is a clear effect of abortion rates dropping substantially in their administrations, dating back 45 years now.

The logic is that better health care, better education with respect to contraception, and better access to said contraception

all leads to a lowered teen pregnancy rate and to lower abortions.

Now you know...

That's a fascinating point of view. Despite no involvement of any kind in those two examples, you lay claim to a stake that gives you a say in what happens. You also think a person who doesn't vote has no right to complain. I'd love to hear how they don't have a stake, but you do, despite neither having of you having any direct involvement. Why does their lack of involvement invalidate their opinion, but not yours?
Let me ask you this. You are in a store and see a man punching his children. Would you intervene or would you say,"they aint my kids so I don't care"?

Let me ask you this. You are in a store and see a man punching his children. Would you intervene or would you say,"they aint my kids so I don't care"?

A red herring, but I'll answer it anyway. If I see that, one of us is going to end up being destroyed in place. Now you can answer my question.

If you see the government doing something wrong, do you try to do/say something whether or not you voted?

A red herring, but I'll answer it anyway. If I see that, one of us is going to end up being destroyed in place. Now you can answer my question.
It is not a red herring at all. It is the point. We don't care only for those areas and people we have direct connection with. What I was telling you was that for me the stake in the game in reference to abortion is my and the baby's humanity. I deeply care about little babies who die in the womb. Their blood cries out for justice and there will be a day of reckoning for those who participate and applaud those who do so. God will judge the actions and the intentions of the heart. When it comes to the voting issue, why wouldn't all of us want to vote? The Democrats had to make up votes which is how Biden got to 80 million. They had to make them up because people don't vote. In a country where you can vote without government intrusion or a gun pointed at your head it would seem people who care about their freedom more. I believe those who don't really care about their freedom should be silent when anything happens. I voted for Donald Trump because his policies are best for the nation. Biden from the beginning is showing that he is about to wreck the U.S. economy and with his abortion policy could cause God to judge our nation. I care about that because I live here. I vote because I live here.

It is not a red herring at all. It is the point. We don't care only for those areas and people we have direct connection with. What I was telling you was that for me the stake in the game in reference to abortion is my and the baby's humanity. I deeply care about little babies who die in the womb. Their blood cries out for justice and there will be a day of reckoning for those who participate and applaud those who do so. God will judge the actions and the intentions of the heart. When it comes to the voting issue, why wouldn't all of us want to vote? The Democrats had to make up votes which is how Biden got to 80 million. They had to make them up because people don't vote. In a country where you can vote without government intrusion or a gun pointed at your head it would seem people who care about their freedom more. I believe those who don't really care about their freedom should be silent when anything happens. I voted for Donald Trump because his policies are best for the nation. Biden from the beginning is showing that he is about to wreck the U.S. economy and with his abortion policy could cause God to judge our nation. I care about that because I live here. I vote because I live here.

All of that and you still haven't answered the question. Why do you believe their lack of involvement invalidates their opinion, but your lack of involvement doesn't invalidate yours?

red herring
noun
US /ˌred ˈher.ɪŋ/
a fact, idea, or subject that takes people's attention away from the central point being considered

Personally, I feel like they have no right to tax me ... unless I voted. 😊

I like the cut of your jib

y'all shouldn't gang up on vanpastard he won't be able to form a sentence after his free McRib that wasn't really free and was on the up and up

From my quote you posted why would you think that? Notice how this thread started out with a joke. And then some of you started attacking my religion and politics. Is this funny to you?
Still waiting on you to answer my question...

Here's the 4th time I asked it?
I thought I did answer that. It is all about having skin in the game. Voting means you have a vested interest. If you don't love your country enough even to vote then you have no right to complain about anything that happens. I at least respect those who are on the other side of me politically who actually cared enough to vote.
In the case of abortion I have skin in the game because I love a woman's child who she chose to kill more than she does. So I am involved even though I am not part of that family. I care for families and children.

I thought I did answer that. It is all about having skin in the game. Voting means you have a vested interest. If you don't love your country enough even to vote then you have no right to complain about anything that happens. I at least respect those who are on the other side of me politically who actually cared enough to vote.
In the case of abortion I have skin in the game because I love a woman's child who she chose to kill more than she does. So I am involved even though I am not part of that family. I care for families and children.
I appreciate the effort.

Why don't you explain to me why someone has a right to complain even if they don't vote? Make that argument?
Georgia elected a representative who believes, among other things, that:

-California wildfires were ingnited by a secret Jewish space-based laser cannon, for the purpose of tricking us all into thinking that climate change is real and to kill our economy

-Several school shootings (Sandy Hook, Marjorie Stoneham Douglas, Parkland, as examples) were false flag operations, where anti-gun actors colluded with anti-gun crisis actors to show fake carnage and fake deaths, in order to gain favor for anti gun laws. Las Vegas was fake, too.

-Hollywood elite, media moguls, TV talking heads, and top ranking Democratic politicians operate a cannibalistic satanic pedophile scheme, drinking the blood of children in an effort to extend their lives, and Trump is on a holy crusade to stop them

-A fitting end for these top ranking Democratic politicians is execution, and God-loving gun-loving patriots need to get it done.

-no plane ever struck the pentagon on 9/11. Most of 9/11 was a hoax, since it was a planned inside job.

I didn't vote for her. I have every right to complain about her holding office, even if I hadn't voted in GA or elsewhere.

She is dangerously deranged.

How would she fit in, in your congregation?

Reactions: BHAII
Why don't you explain to me why someone has a right to complain even if they don't vote? Make that argument?
You were the one that made the comment about how not voting equals not having the right to complain. I just pointed out a couple of things that you've never been involved in, yet feel you have the right to complain about. I simply asked you to justify that hypocrisy. I get it if you can't.

Since you asked a question of me, I'll actually answer it and give you an example. I personally think anyone affected by an action has the right to voice an opinion on the action that affected them, whether they were an active participant or not.

If the level of participation equals the "right to complain" in your voting example, then you're essentially saying that the poor have less of a right to complain about income taxes than the ultra wealthy. The degree of their participation (taxes paid) is infinitesimally lower than someone paying taxes on large amounts of income. Does the person paying more in taxes have more of a right to complain than someone paying less? Should the wealthy have more of a say in the tax code than the poor or the middle class?
If you don't want to think about it as a level of participation argument and would rather just make it about a binary, yes or no choice, another way to think about the voting issue might be if a person is given the choice between getting punched in the face or kicked in groin. Would they not have the right to complain about being assaulted if they didn't pick on or the other, when their only choices were in fact between two types of assault? Doesn't a decision to choose one, instead of choosing neither, imply approval of an outcome they don't want?

Sorry to have presented you with so many more questions. You don't have to worry about answering them. I consider them all to be hypothetical.

They have skin in the game. What the government does affects them. They have more skin in the game than you do in your abortion example, especially since you don’t know the situation surrounding the abortion.

From my quote you posted why would you think that? Notice how this thread started out with a joke. And then some of you started attacking my religion and politics. Is this funny to you?
I find absolutely nothing funny about you.

I'm not attacking your religion. I'm attacking all religions and you specifically for being a con man for some flavor of religion. You make a living separating cash from people, some of which can't afford it and provide nothing in return. If you drop the pastor from your screen name you become just another dumbass that I can cruise by without a second thought. Unfortunately you've got platform which makes you and your dumbassery offensive. You may not talk politics from the pulpit but you can't be as ignorant as you are on here and not have some of that bleed through during your weekly fleecing of the flock.

Reactions: sglowrider
I find absolutely nothing funny about you.

I'm not attacking your religion. I'm attacking all religions and you specifically for being a con man for some flavor of religion. You make a living separating cash from people, some of which can't afford it and provide nothing in return. If you drop the pastor from your screen name you become just another dumbass that I can cruise by without a second thought. Unfortunately you've got platform which makes you and your dumbassery offensive. You may not talk politics from the pulpit but you can't be as ignorant as you are on here and not have some of that bleed through during your weekly fleecing of the flock.
Why are you so judgmental calling me a con man? What right do you have doing that? It would mean that I preach and teach things I don't really believe. But the truth is I believe the Bible is the inherent Word of God and Jesus Christ is my Risen Savior. He can be yours too if you will just believe.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT