ADVERTISEMENT

Fully Vaxed Americans Will Be Able To Travel To EU This Summer

DrHoops

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
Reactions: DrHoops
Rio-Soul-Beachwear-Crochet-Bikini-%E2%80%93-Sea-%E2%80%93-Copacabana-Beach-Rio-de-Janeiro.jpeg
....and fully WAXed will be able to travel to Rio!

Thanks, everybody. G'nite!

Last edited:
Its early doors but over here, we have been getting a surge of reinfections from the Indian variant including two cases of vaccinated folks.
We have just banned all flights from India as of a couple of days ago. (There are a couple of travel corridors still open.)

Everyone who has travelled to & from India will now be quarantined/tested for a couple of weeks. And you know there is heavy traffic between India and Europe.

The UK has banned all Indian flights already. Only Italy I think has done so on the continent.

The Indian mutation is pretty feisty. They are expected to peak at 500,000/day infected in a couple of weeks -- no thanks to their own Indian Trump idiot, Modi who had political/religious super-spreader events recently mostly unmasked.
Lets hope the current vaccines are still effective for at least another year. Meanwhile, keep masking.

Its early doors but over here, we have been getting a surge of reinfections from the Indian variant including two cases of vaccinated folks.
We have just banned all flights from India as of a couple of days ago. (There are a couple of travel corridors still open.)

Everyone who has travelled to & from India will now be quarantined/tested for a couple of weeks. And you know there is heavy traffic between India and Europe.

The UK has banned all Indian flights already. Only Italy I think has done so on the continent.

The Indian mutation is pretty feisty. They are expected to peak at 500,000/day infected in a couple of weeks -- no thanks to their own Indian Trump idiot, Modi who had political/religious super-spreader events recently mostly unmasked.
Lets hope the current vaccines are still effective for at least another year. Meanwhile, keep masking.

Well, that's a downer.

Well, that's a downer.
Eh, I don’t know. We’re almost to that point where we just shrug and live with it. I’d say about 4 July. Those of us who got a vaccine can live with the knowledge it helps against all variants, and we’ll get a yearly booster shot much like we all get a flu shot. Those that don’t want it, so be it. Life’s about to go on, thankfully.

Eh, I don’t know. We’re almost to that point where we just shrug and live with it. I’d say about 4 July. Those of us who got a vaccine can live with the knowledge it helps against all variants, and we’ll get a yearly booster shot much like we all get a flu shot. Those that don’t want it, so be it. Life’s about to go on, thankfully.
I think that's how it's going to work out. I had kind of hoped we could all be back to some sense of normal by Memorial Day, and in some respects I think we will be. But by the 4th, people are going to say fvckit and get on with life. By that time there will be no sense in continuing the masking and distancing and reduced capacity protocols, and the boards of health and other governmental entities will need to acknowledge that. The unvaccinated with deal with their choices and we can all move forward.

Last edited:
I think that's how it's going to work out. I had kind of hoped we could all be back to some sense of normal by Memorial Day, and in some respects I think we will be. But by the 4th, people are going to say fvckit and get on with life. By that time there will be no sense in continuing the masking and distancing and reduced capacity protocols, and the boards of health and other governmental entities will need to acknowledge that. The unvaccinated with deal with their choices and can all move forward.
For sure. And I suspect in time more will get vaccinated. There’s I’m sure a group waiting six months etc to see how it all plays out - side effects etc. they will come around.

I wonder what percentage get a flu shot annually. Some years I do some I don’t.

For sure. And I suspect in time more will get vaccinated. There’s I’m sure a group waiting six months etc to see how it all plays out - side effects etc. they will come around.

I wonder what percentage get a flu shot annually. Some years I do some I don’t.
45% in 2019.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
I think that's how it's going to work out. I had kind of hoped we could all be back to some sense of normal by Memorial Day, and in some respects I think we will be. But by the 4th, people are going to say fvckit and get on with life. By that time there will be no sense in continuing the masking and distancing and reduced capacity protocols, and the boards of health and other governmental entities will need to acknowledge that. The unvaccinated with deal with their choices and we can all move forward.
Vincennes has a large event on Memorial Day weekend and it is on. Being it is outdoors and I am vaccinated I am planning on going.

Bloomington is doing a reverse parade for the 4th. The participants will stand in place and the watchers will drive past. Being an outdoor event I am not sure that is warranted. Plus I suspect the new method will have a problem, parents will come to a full stop and watch/record their kids.

Gencon moved to September, will be 40% capacity, and is closing down overnight to sanitize. Of course the CDC has said sanitizing is just a gesture that makes no difference. But I think everyone's legal teams have told them, "do x and y so we have something to argue in court".

Vincennes has a large event on Memorial Day weekend and it is on. Being it is outdoors and I am vaccinated I am planning on going.

Bloomington is doing a reverse parade for the 4th. The participants will stand in place and the watchers will drive past. Being an outdoor event I am not sure that is warranted. Plus I suspect the new method will have a problem, parents will come to a full stop and watch/record their kids.

Gencon moved to September, will be 40% capacity, and is closing down overnight to sanitize. Of course the CDC has said sanitizing is just a gesture that makes no difference. But I think everyone's legal teams have told them, "do x and y so we have something to argue in court".
The 500 is set to run with 40% fans. I'm actually surprised they didn't move it back to Labor Day weekend again to try for full capacity. Shocked they can go two years without their marquee event being full. Penske must be an actual billionaire (many times over likely).

ADVERTISEMENT