ADVERTISEMENT

FUBAR

Lambo134269

Newcomer
Oct 23, 2001
Kaufman wants the ball in his hands, and he has a much better chance of that happening in West Lafayette. Let’s face it, he’d never be “the man” in Bloomington as long as Lander is on the roster. In Purdue, he has a much better chance of that happening.

He’ll get the opportunity to play on the wing (some) in West Lafayette, and that wasn’t ever happening in Bloomington. He was viewed as a complimentary piece to Indiana, and he’ll get at least a chance to to be a primary option in the Purdue offense.

This was an over-hyped recruitment from early on, media-driven by those with agendas. But the reality of the scene never felt like it was being reported in the press.

Kaufman is a nice prospect, but not at the level of Trayce Jackson-Davis, nor will he have the same impact his first season in college. Indiana will be fine.

In fact, he seems like a good candidate to redshirt his first season, although that’s not his expectation or remotely an option in his mind. Purdue certainly doesn’t “need” Kaufman the same way Indiana “needs” frontcourt bodies next year.

The Hoosiers could in fact come out even better in the short term if they can land a transfer or two this off season.

Relying on freshmen is a recipe for disaster. Now, the Hoosiers can focus on target Mason Miller, and also on the prospective talent in the transfer portal, which is a place the Hoosiers need to win this spring.

Post Views: 164

When Floyd Central played Creek, Kaufman played well. But he wasn’t someone I was drooling over. Jake Heidbreder was the baller in that game.

When Floyd Central played Creek, Kaufman played well. But he wasn’t someone I was drooling over. Jake Heidbreder was the baller in that game.

I agree Silver Creek played Princeton in regional final two years ago and while I thought he was a good player, not like a program changer. So he picks PU? Forget it and move on IMO.

I was very impressed was his intellect and his humility. His skills will continue to develop but it is very hard to improve on his mindset and intelligence. I predict he'll become great for Purdue and a thorn in our side unfortunately. After listening to him talk for a while I was very upset we did not land him. Spin however you like but PU got a good one in this young man.

Furst is better than Kaufman inside. He may not be the main option at Purdue.

I agree Silver Creek played Princeton in regional final two years ago and while I thought he was a good player, not like a program changer. So he picks PU? Forget it and move on IMO.

Wouldn’t he have been a freshman?...playing a big role for a team in a regional final?...

Trey is a big time recruit. No way to look at it other than it’s a big loss. Purdue is gonna be a buzz saw for a few more years at least.

Wouldn’t he have been a freshman?...playing a big role for a team in a regional final?...

Trey is a big time recruit. No way to look at it other than it’s a big loss. Purdue is gonna be a buzz saw for a few more years at least.
Yep. Don’t believe they’ll lose much, if anything from the 20-21 team going into the 21-22 year (when TK and Furst will be freshmen). They’ll easily be a top ten team.

Yep. Don’t believe they’ll lose much, if anything from the 20-21 team going into the 21-22 year (when TK and Furst will be freshmen). They’ll easily be a top ten team.

don’t think they have any seniors on this team. Guessing they’ll get some attrition via transfer with obvious rotation guys like Kaufman and Furst coming in. But hunter, wheeler, Williams, Ivey, Morton, etc... to go with Kaufman and Furst = buzzsaw.

I like the potential roster of Lander, Phinisee, Franklin, this years other freshman, Hunter, Thompson. But sitting here today, Purdue is a much safer bet to be better than IU for the next few years. Kaufman might have tilted it the other way. Him going to Purdue only cements it. Even if we do get Mohammed and or Miller.

don’t think they have any seniors on this team. Guessing they’ll get some attrition via transfer with obvious rotation guys like Kaufman and Furst coming in. But hunter, wheeler, Williams, Ivey, Morton, etc... to go with Kaufman and Furst = buzzsaw.

I like the potential roster of Lander, Phinisee, Franklin, this years other freshman, Hunter, Thompson. But sitting here today, Purdue is a much safer bet to be better than IU for the next few years. Kaufman might have tilted it the other way. Him going to Purdue only cements it. Even if we do get Mohammed and or Miller.
I think the inevitability of TJD leaving after this year will leave us very thin up front, and any commitment by Mohammed is likely to only be for a year, or possibly two, at the most. Not sure if Miller is all that realistic, and he’s not an immediate impact guy anyway. Lander, if he’s anywhere close to as good as some think he’ll be, will be on a similar schedule. We have some pieces, but Kaufman would’ve made us far more formidable into the future. Going to be very difficult for Miller to get us over the hump and consistently into the top half of the BiG. That’s not going to be an issue for Purdue.

Trey was a sophomore two years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT