ADVERTISEMENT

Frost gets a gift, errr..., penalty from the NCAA

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana

What a joke!!!

If that's the standard penalty for this type of infraction we'd be absolutely foolish not to simply completely ignore the "Countable Coaches" rule and just go full bore, full on, 24/7 utilization of every individual on our staff from this point onward...

What a joke!!!

If that's the standard penalty for this type of infraction we'd be absolutely foolish not to simply completely ignore the "Countable Coaches" rule and just go full bore, full on, 24/7 utilization of every individual on our staff from this point onward...
This is a prime example of why the NCAA needs to get out of P5 football. The only issue is I m not sure P5 teams and schools would be any tougher.

Reactions: 76-1
So the summary is the ncaa was not tough enough?
Is that not their reputation, at least toward profitable schools?
I may need this explained to me on a more simple level.

Reactions: vesuvius13
The NCAA will only significantly punish those schools that:
A. Don’t contribute much on the revenue side. (I.e. don’t bite the hand that feeds you).
B. Your institution is dumb enough to self report (also known in many circles as the “IU Rule”).

Look no further than the UNC academic scandal. That was the final straw for me. The NCAA concluded its investigation there in October 2017, finding no violations of its rules, largely due to the fact that the NCAA does not have oversight authority for university academic programs.

If the NCAA is supposed to be set up to ensure academic compliance to remain in good standing, then what the f@&$ is it in place to do when there is a textbook case in front of it and they claim to have no authority? It’s always been run by a a bunch of administrative buffoons who are corrupt to the core. The NCAA will implode some day. Cannot believe it hasn’t happened already. An absolutely useless organization. When Myles Brand runs your organization at some point, you know it’s inept.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT