ADVERTISEMENT

from NCAA tourney lock to NIT in 2 weeks

Crean looked like an absolute idiot tonight-both in terms of Xs and Os and his usual stomping/clapping/pacing/pant adjustments. Yogi on Aaron White? Really?

with 5 of final 7 played in Assembly Hall, yes I am surprised. Simply horrendous finish to a season, maybe Crean's worst in his career.

NIT doesn't want a team playing like IU...

another year of no tourney.... fine job Tom, fine job Fred, extensions for everyone.

Originally posted by GeddyHoosier:
Crean looked like an absolute idiot tonight-both in terms of Xs and Os and his usual stomping/clapping/pacing/pant adjustments. Yogi on Aaron White? Really?
As a Hawkeye fan, that one surprised me too, but then with Iowa's length and Indiana's 4-G lineup, somebody had to pull a mismatch. Uthoff could have done the same thing as White (maybe, White's a bit better, but Uthoff would take that mismatch).

I was surprised at tonight's result. Really thought Indiana was going to hit the 3s and Iowa's recent travels combined with a long season would have us looking tired.

Glass will turn it down. They have to start construction as soon as the season is over on Saturday.

Re: I think so.

At least with NIT, one can build on winning. At least it's tourney experience, and the hopes of another banner, however little meaning it has.

I think IU can turn down CBI, but not NIT.

At any rate, Crean is done. No one believes in him now. He's a giant amount of wasted money, thanks to Fred Glass.

ADVERTISEMENT