ADVERTISEMENT

From ESPN. No surprise at all.

Funny you say that, I think OSU should leave the Big Ten. Most of you idiots (schools) voted to not play this season and OSU would make more money on its own.
YES! We finally agree - O$U should leave the Big Ten.

You'd have 13 other schools ready to help you pack. And take your slack-jawed, trailer-trash fans with you.

The Big Ten is expected to change its policy that teams must play six games to be eligible for the conference championship game, likely paving the way for undefeated No. 4 Ohio State to face Northwestern on Dec. 19, pending further approval in the league, sources told ESPN.
The Big Ten's athletic directors met on Wednesday morning, and while there was support to allow the Buckeyes in the conference championship with only five games, it still has to be voted on by a larger group that includes the athletic directors, the senior women administrators, and ultimately approval from the university presidents and chancellors.
Multiple sources told ESPN the meeting was collaborative, and there was a consensus that a sixth game would not change the Big Ten's East Division standings. If Ohio State found another opponent to replace Michigan, the Buckeyes would still win the East, win or lose.
The Buckeyes' place in the postseason became a question on Tuesday after Michigan canceled its regular-season rivalry game because of COVID-19 issues within the Wolverines' program. It was the third game Ohio State had canceled this season, along with Illinois and Maryland.
"it still has to be voted on by a larger group that includes the athletic directors, the senior women administrators"

WTF?

"it still has to be voted on by a larger group that includes the athletic directors, the senior women administrators"

WTF?

What...? You didn't get the memo saying that the Big Ten will inject political correctness into every decision Big or Small...???? Thought everyone received a copy...😉🙉🙈🙊😎

I share your frustration but I think it's conference leadership that needs to leave. Warren is weak, Alvarez has far too much clout, and Barta either is in way over his head, has an anti-IU bias, or is simply clueless. It is incomprehensible that IU is not in the CFP Top 10. Absolutely insane.
Especially when we are eighth and ninth in the regular polls

IU to everyone- That’s OK, we understand. Please, more pain Master.
I believe that Dolson voted “No” to OSU representing the East. That’s the report anyway.
What else is he going to do? Light himself on fire inside the Big Ten office?
Everybody not named “Ohio State” understands the concepts of rules, ethics or honor. They all know what went on there on that 6 game rule.
All this does is tell not just IU but all 12 other schools that only one is above rules. IU ain’t the only loser in this charade.
I’m glad he voted “No” and not sure what more he should do? This whole fiasco is a reflection on the Big Ten and Kevin Warren who’s been MIA for months sitting on his ass and collecting big bucks while hiding out.

Reactions: DANC
The right and proper thing is to not have the only undefeated team in the conference play for the championship!

Doesn't matter. They didn't win enough games to qualify under rules Ohio State agreed upon. You don't get to change the rules you agreed upon at the end of the season if it isn't to your benefit.

Oh wait.. yes you do when your conference has no credibility.

Roll Tide!

Doesn't matter. They didn't win enough games to qualify under rules Ohio State agreed upon. You don't get to change the rules you agreed upon at the end of the season if it isn't to your benefit.

Oh wait.. yes you do when your conference has no credibility.

Roll Tide!
Hopefully you guys get OSU in the first game of the CFP and absolutely embarrass them. Jones and company will have a field day with their secondary. I'm one who roots for the B10 in bowls especially against the SEC but not anymore.

I believe that Dolson voted “No” to OSU representing the East. That’s the report anyway.
What else is he going to do? Light himself on fire inside the Big Ten office?
Everybody not named “Ohio State” understands the concepts of rules, ethics or honor. They all know what went on there on that 6 game rule.
All this does is tell not just IU but all 12 other schools that only one is above rules. IU ain’t the only loser in this charade.
I’m glad he voted “No” and not sure what more he should do? This whole fiasco is a reflection on the Big Ten and Kevin Warren who’s been MIA for months sitting on his ass and collecting big bucks while hiding out.
I appreciate the fact Dolson voted 'no', but his public statement was pretty weak. I would have prefered him making a statement about playing by the rules established by the Big Team and how IU was able to manage the virus (which, admittedly, took a hit this weekend, but we played the Kings of the virus, Wisconsin last weekend).
I would have also liked him to point out that, in the Ohio State game, they had 2 weeks to prepare for us, as have other teams. We have had injuries in those games and overcome them.

What really galls me is his comment that he 'understands' why it was done. Yeah, we all 'understand' it - it's to make money. OK, just say it, instead of acting like this decision was justified by anything but money.

There's a lot he could have said, but didn't.

ADVERTISEMENT