ADVERTISEMENT

From a UK fan

I still think IU fans are missing the point. You need the game, we don't. There's no incentive for us to play that game. When they debated seeding tournament teams, they list good wins/bad loses. IU would only make one of those for Kentucky. We don't need the game, yet we offered neutral sites, and IU declined.

A half truth at best. IU came back with a compromise of home and home and neutral site. Cal squirmed away.

Get your facts straight or stay on the Ky site where they still buy this crap.

Reactions: 76-1
If I had to guess, he'll go back to AH sometime in the near future. Part of me thinks this a punishment for the IU fans' behavior. He'll play at Chapel Hill and other places. To claim he's chicken is delusional. I don't think anyone is scared to go into AH recently.

To claim there was an issue with fan behavior is delusional...and convenient.

If I had to guess, he'll go back to AH sometime in the near future. Part of me thinks this a punishment for the IU fans' behavior. He'll play at Chapel Hill and other places. To claim he's chicken is delusional. I don't think anyone is scared to go into AH recently.
I don't know. Cal has to think about not only the team and the game, but the UK fans that will be there. I'm not sure he will ever agree to go there again, especially since IU fans refuse to acknowledge they did anything wrong.

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
I don't know. Cal has to think about not only the team and the game, but the UK fans that will be there. I'm not sure he will ever agree to go there again, especially since IU fans refuse to acknowledge they did anything wrong.

I was there and the worst behavior I saw...by far, was by one of the 10 KY fans there.

I’m from EVV. Love the UK bs. Yes we should play. At least we still play baseball and I think soccer but not positive. Win or lose I always want to play UK. Keep it friendly but always talk trash. After all we built the 41 bridge to Henderson so Kentuckians could swim over in the shade. Go Hoosiers!
I'm flattered that a sophisticated resident of the greater Evansville metropolitan area would condescend to acknowledge his rural Kentucky neighbors.

eat a dck.. and didn't read your post

Alex Smith

That's him. He was awesome in that game. I was shocked he didn't make it in the pros. I've been going to UK games since the 70s, so sometimes the decades run together.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to add another stipulation: no more homophobic slurs directed at UK fans. I'm afraid that the resumption of the rivalry is looking doubtful.
I would rather play Louisville in all sports.

This was a contrived excuse but somewhat expected from an arrogant delusional fan base.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
The Indiana Kentucky basketball games used to mean something.
Our High school all stars play each other every year.
But there are virtually no players from Kentucky playing on their basketball team any longer.
Therefore it is unimportant to me that we play you at all.
We might as well play Kansas or Arizona every year, it would have the same significance.
I'm sure it's the dream of Kansas and Arizona to play IU home-and home. I'll be looking for those games on ESPN.

I lived in Kentucky for 4 years out of college. I saw a lot of things south of Danville that people back home didn't believe is possible. I witnessed my first person to sign with an "X" at a Kroger in Danville. The cashier showed me a list of people that could sign a check with an "X". How in the hell can someone have a checking account if they can't sign their own name? How do they get a drivers license?

And yes, locals told me that incest was an issue south and east of where we lived. I don't think people would make that up about the place they live. We moved north when my wife got pregnant. We were not going to educate our kids down there or set low standards for their development.
Thank you for allowing the incest line to be moved south from the Ohio River all the way to Danville. But let me impart this bit of wisdom to you. When it comes to farts, the smeller is often the feller, and when it comes to incest, the accuser is often the abuser.

Reactions: RipThru
I'm sure it's the dream of Kansas and Arizona to play IU home-and home. I'll be looking for those games on ESPN.
You do a lot of assuming, but I guess you have nothing more.
No one said anything about home and home, I was making the point that if we are playing UK at a neutral site, and every player is from another state other than Kentucky, then there is no more benefit to play UK at a neutral site than to play Arizona or Kansas AT A NEUTRAL SITE.
Not very good at subjective reasoning are you?
Does that clear things up?

You do a lot of assuming, but I guess you have nothing more.
No one said anything about home and home, I was making the point that if we are playing UK at a neutral site, and every player is from another state other than Kentucky, then there is no more benefit to play UK at a neutral site than to play Arizona or Kansas AT A NEUTRAL SITE.
Not very good at subjective reasoning are you?
Does that clear things up?
Subjective reasoning? No, I have to agree I'm not very good at that. And yes, you have cleared things up, so let me rephrase. I'm sure it's the dream of Arizona and Kansas to play IU on a neutral court. I'll be watching for those games on ESPN.

The Indiana Kentucky basketball games used to mean something.
Our High school all stars play each other every year.
But there are virtually no players from Kentucky playing on their basketball team any longer.
Therefore it is unimportant to me that we play you at all.
We might as well play Kansas or Arizona every year, it would have the same significance.
I truly hope that you have not shouted obscenities or accusations of incest at any KY high school kids. But given what IU fans have become, it wouldn't surprise me.

I disagree. IU isn't in anyone's head except their own when they think about what they used to be and what they are now. To UK fans they're just fun punching bags. I'm sorry, that was too much. I apologize. It's happy hour for me, and that means bourbon.
and yet you are all here (or should I say 'Y'all' here ??) --UK fans, on an IU page, telling us how IU and its fans 'need' the game (IU/UK) but you don't. Again...that's cute. btw do you hear banjos playing in the background?

Reactions: GregHaggard
I still think IU fans are missing the point. You need the game, we don't. There's no incentive for us to play that game. When they debated seeding tournament teams, they list good wins/bad loses. IU would only make one of those for Kentucky. We don't need the game, yet we offered neutral sites, and IU declined.
and yet y'all here, on an IU board, telling IU fans how THEY need this game but you don't. You do see the irony, don't you?

IU offered a home and home plus neutral site games as a compromise and Calislimy ran from that as well.

Don't give us the "rush the court" shit...while it may be embarrassing to older IU fans, it had zero...zero impact on the KY team. Your team stripper did roll her ankle when a kid bumped her on the stairs but she was aided by IU fans. You clowns use that as an excuse for Cal's blunder.
Why do you insist on calling the female UK fan a stripper? Do you think if you keep repeating it, eventually it will magically come true? What it does, is to demonstrate your contempt for visiting fans, and helps you justify your abuse of them to yourselves.

Reactions: RipThru
and yet you are all here (or should I say 'Y'all' here ??) --UK fans, on an IU page, telling us how IU and its fans 'need' the game (IU/UK) but you don't. Again...that's cute. btw do you hear banjos playing in the background?
I haven't said IU needs the game, and UK definitely doesn't. And while I admit I sometimes listen to Bluegrass, I know IU fans listen only to classical.

That’s why you are one of the top posters here
his logic (and memory) is flawed again. The last series we had (2010-2011) was home and home. And for many years, that was the deal. Why should we cave to Cal's demands just because he pussed out? Duke ,UNC have played in AH in recent years. MSU plays there every year. These are all HoF coaches and you don't hear them crying about having to play in scary Assembly Hall in front of all those meanie IU fans. Sorry, we don't need UK on our schedule. Screw Cal. He's a crybaby mediocre in-game coach who's had to vacate great seasons at his previous stops. It will all eventually catch up to UK, but like in the past, Cal will be long gone when the shoe drops.

Nope, I don't, and never have, shouted obscenities
Subjective reasoning? No, I have to agree I'm not very good at that. And yes, you have cleared things up, so let me rephrase. I'm sure it's the dream of Arizona and Kansas to play IU on a neutral court. I'll be watching for those games on ESPN.

Well, at least you're self aware.
And word is we are negotiating with AZ for a home and home now.
I guess your lack of reasoning didn't clue you into the fact that the prospective coaches are brothers.
Perhaps you guys should pay more attention to education!

Reactions: Lillyr66
Not trying to be a jerk here, but the truth of the matter is IU needs a game with Kentucky. Kentucky has no reason to play IU. So, if you really want a UK game, play us on our terms. You know you'd be saying exactly the same thing if the situation was reversed.
Seems the original poster was a UK troll that would like to see IU and UK play. I don't think most IU fans care anymore and have moved on. Nobody cares about your terms. I doubt it matters either neutral or home but agree with the concept that students should be able to experience it on campus. College is about the students. Bring on the real Wildcats from Arizona.

I lived in Kentucky for 4 years out of college. I saw a lot of things south of Danville that people back home didn't believe is possible. I witnessed my first person to sign with an "X" at a Kroger in Danville. The cashier showed me a list of people that could sign a check with an "X". How in the hell can someone have a checking account if they can't sign their own name? How do they get a drivers license?

And yes, locals told me that incest was an issue south and east of where we lived. I don't think people would make that up about the place they live. We moved north when my wife got pregnant. We were not going to educate our kids down there or set low standards for their development.

You're trying too hard. Only IU fans actually believe this.

It is a difference of culture. We prefer to have players, when possible, from Indiana that want to represent their state and community. We prefer college games to be played in front of and for the students and where the alumni used to enjoy watching games as students.

It might be different if we lived in a state that had to import all their players, the stadium was off campus or where rules were openly broken for years in front of the fans in Lexington. It would make it easier to accept a coach that had burned his two previous schools with NCAA violations. The common theme I heard while living in Kentucky was that everyone cheats. Calipari is in the perfect place.

Calipari doesn't give a crap about the fans. He wants to generate as much cash as possible and use every advantage. I don't find him to be honest or good for college basketball. I don't want to help someone like that.

A bunch of opinions being passed off as fact.

It is a difference of culture. We prefer to have players, when possible, from Indiana that want to represent their state and community. We prefer college games to be played in front of and for the students and where the alumni used to enjoy watching games as students.

It might be different if we lived in a state that had to import all their players, the stadium was off campus or where rules were openly broken for years in front of the fans in Lexington. It would make it easier to accept a coach that had burned his two previous schools with NCAA violations. The common theme I heard while living in Kentucky was that everyone cheats. Calipari is in the perfect place.

Calipari doesn't give a crap about the fans. He wants to generate as much cash as possible and use every advantage. I don't find him to be honest or good for college basketball. I don't want to help someone like that.

And let's not mention the fact that you had one of the most morally reprehensible coaches in the history of basketball coaching at IU, but Lord have mercy he "did it the right way" and never "broke any rules".

I know he was the same coach that was "clueless" about actions that put two schools on sanctions with the NCAA. It is just as believable that Pitino (former UK coach) didn't know players were getting paid and that hookers were being provided.

Calipari is very good at bending so many rules and pushing past the boundaries of the rules by just enough to not get into trouble. He knows how to avoid getting in trouble like knowing how much over the speed limit you can go without being pulled over. Or using a shadowy figure like World Wide Wes to make illegal contacts and benefits. WWW has gone underground for a good reason.This is known in the coaching ranks. Most coaches aren't comfortable pushing the NCAA as far as he does. The NCAA is largely feckless but they can make an example of a school when it suits their needs.

One of Cal's good friends, Coach Todd Franklin (Tom Crean's room mate at WKU) of Vincennes University is a family friend. He told me how Mulder from VU ended up at UK. Calipari didn't want or need Mulder. He knew he would never play at UK. Calipari knew Pitino wanted Mulder and lied to the hilt about playing time to get Mulder to flip to UK. Calipari used a kid for a personal rivalry with another coach. Franklin thought it was okay because he hated Pitino too. There are no rules about being an SOB.

I could tell you violations I personally witnessed in the 80's with Richard Madison and Kenny Walker, but you only asked about Calipari.

Fountain of information here. You should call Pat Forde or Pete Thamel with your knowledge of transgressions; or better yet, call Mark Emmert.

Okay, thank you.
Now, take your sockpuppets and slither on back to your own board.

Seems the original poster was a UK troll that would like to see IU and UK play. I don't think most IU fans care anymore and have moved on. Nobody cares about your terms. I doubt it matters either neutral or home but agree with the concept that students should be able to experience it on campus. College is about the students. Bring on the real Wildcats from Arizona.

Archie Miler is interested. Fred Glass mentions it.

I was there and the worst behavior I saw...by far, was by one of the 10 KY fans there.
As I said previously, I was there and there was some very unsavory behavior including racial slurs. I see, though, that you would rather stick to the more convenient "company line" than take a rational account from another. I do realize that it doesn't fit the story that you are trying to tell, but ignoring plain facts is delusion.

And let's not mention the fact that you had one of the most morally reprehensible coaches in the history of basketball coaching at IU, but Lord have mercy he "did it the right way" and never "broke any rules".
WE had one of the most morally reprehensible coaches? You do realize one of the banners hanging in Rupp was courtesy of a coach who later brought down your in-state rival with recruiting trip hookers and personally banging cocktail waitresses after hours? Not to mention some other former coaches were some of the most racist sumbitches around. RMK was a bipolar ogre at times but he's never been called a racist (except by Ted Valentine), never caught tapping hired help behind his wife's back, never had to vacate a title....should I continue? Dude, stones inside glass houses. It would figure 'not breaing any rules' won't earn much points in the collective hive down in Lexington, where rules are merely obstacles that can be side swiped courtesy of World Wide Wes.

Should I mention Eric Manual? Chris Mills? How about slimeball Eddie Sutton? UK bball gets put on probation every 10-15 yrs going back to the 1950s. With Calipari's history, only a fool would believe the clock isn't ticking for the next round of trouble.

Last edited:
That's him. He was awesome in that game. I was shocked he didn't make it in the pros. I've been going to UK games since the 70s, so sometimes the decades run together.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to add another stipulation: no more homophobic slurs directed at UK fans. I'm afraid that the resumption of the rivalry is looking doubtful.
Quit school before his senior year at IU after having a great game against Purdue. Always wondered why?

ADVERTISEMENT