ADVERTISEMENT

From 9-3 To 4-8 Just In A Day

Indiana was 8-5 in 2019.

Most covid-19 P5 programs that jumped up in 2020, like Iowa State, who were 7-6 in 2019, aren't trending well, as September ended.

Part of it is schedules change or flip. It is a new team and a new season/schedule.

There are teams that have been trending upward. But, usually that is over the course of more than one season.

Indiana can't breakout without better depth. It will take improved recruiting, which the Class of 2022 was appearing to be favorable.

Patience is a virtue.

Nice to see the win at Western Kentucky. It will be interesting to see how WKU plays this week at Michigan State.

They were close to losing Saturday night.

Talk about a special teams collapse by Nebraska.

From 2010 to 2014, Iowa really saw how special teams decline hurt Kirk Ferentz's program. The loss against Wisconsin hung over Iowa, until last year's 28-7 win over the Badgers.

Nebraska is 2-3. Special teams has cost them in all three losses. Leadership at top hasn't been good either, but look back at Illinois, Oklahoma and now, Michigan State.

The punt went one direction and the coverage another.

Communication is so important in all phases of the game.
Since you can't stay the hell off of here - a month after our game with Iowa - I'll just go ahead and put you on ignore. I can't speak for everyone, but I have zero interest in anything Iowa does now, or for the rest of the season. I've always sort of rooted for the Hawkeyes over most other B1G programs, but your constant posting here is beginning to change my mind.

Rutgers and Purdue look like they may each have improved on the defensive side.

Baby steps.

Purdue has a great win, since Oregon State would be 4-0, if not for their loss to the Boilermakers.

Oregon State won at USC for the first time, since 1961 did I read or was it 1962.

Talk about a nice win for the Beavers.

Indiana at Penn State .... do the Hoosiers pull out a road win, like the Beavers just did?

• Angry
Reactions: Radio Zero
Rutgers and Purdue look like they may each have improved on the defensive side.

Baby steps.

Purdue has a great win, since Oregon State would be 4-0, if not for their loss to the Boilermakers.

Oregon State won at USC for the first time, since 1961 did I read or was it 1962.

Talk about a nice win for the Beavers.

Indiana at Penn State .... do the Hoosiers pull out a road win, like the Beavers just did?

I really hope you're not comparing USC to Penn State. USC has already imploded this year. They've already fired their coach and have quit on the season. Oregon State's win in the Coliseum says more about USC than it does about Oregon State.

Completely agree. Only Rutgers and Purdue seem winnable and both of those will be very close matchups.

Edit: forgot about Minny. They’re not good, so 5-7 is very doable.
Michigan State, Maryland, Rutgers, Minnesota, and Purdue are all more than winnable. Three of the five are at home and playing at Maryland and Purdue at least in terms of atmosphere does not scare me.

Michigan State, Maryland, Rutgers, Minnesota, and Purdue are all more than winnable. Three of the five are at home and playing at Maryland and Purdue at least in terms of atmosphere does not scare me.
After playing at Iowa and pen st, Maryland won't be a tough environment. The locals will be tough in WL especially if they can save their season by keeping IU out of a bowl, but there will be a lot of crimson there as usual.

Maryland? Ha. Have you see that team play? You heard it here. They will beat Iowa on Friday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT