ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Night Videos..............

I like his blues playing. No not the watered down chicago electric white boy stuff.

The blues...

Like this ..

That's a pretty broad statement. What what exactly is "watered down chicago electric white boy stuff"? Yes, they don't play delta or Piedmont blues on an acoustic guitar, but watered down is pretty harsh. And I'm guessing that with the "white boy stuff" comment, your indicting the audience, right?

So, we should dismiss this guy?

Edit - by the way, the keyboard player (Marty Sammon) plays at my local about twice a year - great show, up until the time he consumes too much whiskey and can't find the keys....true story.

Reactions: DJinB-town
That's a pretty broad statement. What what exactly is "watered down chicago electric white boy stuff"? Yes, they don't play delta or Piedmont blues on an acoustic guitar, but watered down is pretty harsh. And I'm guessing that with the "white boy stuff" comment, your indicting the audience, right?

Edit - by the way, the keyboard player (Marty Sammon) plays at my local about twice a year - great show, up until the time he consumes too much whiskey and can't find the keys....true story.

Lack of flatted (flattened?) notes. Less slurring and swinging of syncopated notes, and less cross beat. The III, IV and V to be exact are often played flat, especially on slide. They're dissonant tones, most white ears don't like them. Chicago blues uses far less than Delta because the promoters watered it down for white ears. It happened about the same time Muddy put his guitar down and grew a pompadour. .So there. Any other questions?

Buddy is from from Louisiana btw ..

Included in the just released River Box set,from Tempe 1980.I downloaded the whole DVD off itunes for $1.99 last night.Not sure how long that will be available...

And the tour info was released today as well.

http://backstreets.com/tour.html

Lack of flatted (flattened?) notes. Less slurring and swinging of syncopated notes, and less cross beat. The III, IV and V to be exact are often played flat, especially on slide. They're dissonant tones, most white ears don't like them. Chicago blues uses far less than Delta because the promoters watered it down for white ears. It happened about the same time Muddy put his guitar down and grew a pompadour. .So there. Any other questions?
I ask because I want to learn.

I get what your saying, though. I'm not as big a fan of Delta as I am "Chicago" blues, but that's got more to do with the fact that I like bass guitar driven blues.

By the way - this is my local....every Tuesday night, they bring in top notch blues players - I was at this show.

Included in the just released River Box set,from Tempe 1980.I downloaded the whole DVD off itunes for $1.99 last night.Not sure how long that will be available...

And the tour info was released today as well.

http://backstreets.com/tour.html
I'm guessing that this was the tour when I saw Springsteen at Market Square. Sat about as far away from the stage as was possible....

I ask because I want to learn.

I get what your saying, though. I'm not as big a fan of Delta as I am "Chicago" blues, but that's got more to do with the fact that I like bass guitar driven blues.

By the way - this is my local....every Tuesday night, they bring in top notch blues players - I was at this show.

I've seen him before, more than once.

WAKE THE PHACK UP!!!!

tyranyandmutation.jpg

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
In honor of the Dead's first Acid Test on Dec 4, 1965

Yeah, it's not technically from the Acid Test period, but it's a nice ~18 minutes of bliss.

I saw this performed at Hampton Roads Va in 1989, I think. I sent Ziz the set list once. I will see if I can dig it up again. It was the first time they had performed it in years and the Heads went insane.

Reactions: MJE
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT