ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Funnies

sdhoosier

All-Big Ten
Dec 21, 2001
So Calif
The Rules For Bedroom Golf​

1. Each player shall furnish his own equipment for play - normally one club and two balls.

2. Play on a course must be approved by the owner of the hole.

3. Unlike outdoor golf, the object is to get the club in the hole and keep the balls out.

4. Course owners are permitted to check shaft stiffness before play begins.

5. Course owners reserve the right to restrict club length to avoid damage to the hole.

6. The object of the game is to take as many strokes as necessary until the course owner is satisfied that play is complete. Failure to do so may result in being denied permission to play the course again.

7. It is considered bad form to begin playing the hole immediately upon arrival at the course. The experienced player will normally take time to admire the entire course with special attention to well formed bunkers.

8. Players are cautioned not to mention other courses they have played , or are currently playing, to the owner of the course being played. Upset course owners have been known to damage players equipment for this reason.

9. Players are encouraged to bring proper rain gear for their own protection.

10. Players should ensure themselves that their match has been properly scheduled, particularly when a new course is being played for the first time. Previous players have been known to become irate if they discover someone else playing on what they considered to be a private course.

11. Players should not assume a course is in shape for play at all times. Some players may be embarrassed if they find the course to be temporarily under repair. Players are advised to be extremely tactful in this situation. More advanced players will find alternative means of play when this is the case.

12. The course owner is responsible for manicuring and pruning any bush around the hole to allow for improved viewing of, alignment with, and approach to the hole.

13. Players are advised to obtain the course owners permission before attempting to play the back nine.

14. Slow play is encouraged. However, players should be prepared to proceed at a quicker pace, at least temporarily, at the course owners request.

15. It is considered outstanding performance, time permitting, to play the same hole several times in one match.

and a chick...

EY-dDgWXsAUuoyx.jpg

1. Each player shall furnish his own equipment for play - normally one club and two balls.

3. Unlike outdoor golf, the object is to get the club in the hole and keep the balls out.

5. Course owners reserve the right to restrict club length to avoid damage to the hole.

6. The object of the game is to take as many strokes as necessary until the course owner is satisfied that play is complete. Failure to do so may result in being denied permission to play the course again.

7. It is considered bad form to begin playing the hole immediately upon arrival at the course. The experienced player will normally take time to admire the entire course with special attention to well formed bunkers.

8. Players are cautioned not to mention other courses they have played , or are currently playing, to the owner of the course being played. Upset course owners have been known to damage players equipment for this reason.

10. Players should ensure themselves that their match has been properly scheduled, particularly when a new course is being played for the first time. Previous players have been known to become irate if they discover someone else playing on what they considered to be a private course.

11. Players should not assume a course is in shape for play at all times. Some players may be embarrassed if they find the course to be temporarily under repair. Players are advised to be extremely tactful in this situation. More advanced players will find alternative means of play when this is the case.

12. The course owner is responsible for manicuring and pruning any bush around the hole to allow for improved viewing of, alignment with, and approach to the hole.

13. Players are advised to obtain the course owners permission before attempting to play the back nine.

14. Slow play is encouraged. However, players should be prepared to proceed at a quicker pace, at least temporarily, at the course owners request.

15. It is considered outstanding performance, time permitting, to play the same hole several times in one match.

and a chick...

EY-dDgWXsAUuoyx.jpg
That's a bunker I feel quite certain McNutt would do a horrible job of raking. I think he'd throw the rake down and run off the course!

and a chick...

EY-dDgWXsAUuoyx.jpg
SD, I'm slowly but steadily closing in on my 1 million meter mark! Think I'm around 940,000. My goal was to hit it by my birthday, but that's next Saturday, so that ain't happening. Like rubbing my face on the outside of her panties... I'm close, but not quite where I want to be! Besides, my son uses it some when he visits and so does a neighbor, so in my head I've told myself I don't "really" accomplish it until I hit 1.1 million, just to be sure. Did you send in for the certificate and tshirt? Still working for you? Thinking it was irritating your elbow or shoulder at one point.

Last edited:
Reactions: sdhoosier
Are you supposed to yell fore if you miss the hole?
Only if you're in danger of hitting another player. I guess you would yell "four" if you were in danger of hitting 2 other players. Maybe that's why the call it a foursome! See: McNutt and his Dentist buddy were on to something! Although I've always suspected the course they want to play on doesn't have a real hole and only the practice one out back.

Hey kkott.... yep, still working it..borderline obsessive. I think I'm around 2.4 MM now... I haven't been back to the gym in a year so this is my main exercise... I try and get on it for 45 minutes to an hour a day...

I've had to back off occasionally due to shoulder and back pain..usually a few days of a rest will do the trick.

Glad you're close to your free tee!

Remember you can download the app to your phone and record the workout ...that way it will just keep your workouts and you'll be able to differentiate your use from your son's and neighbors...then you can sync it with the online logbook...

I'm hoping to start going back to the gym as well so I can start getting a more varied workout..

Get that Tee!

Hey kkott.... yep, still working it..borderline obsessive. I think I'm around 2.4 MM now... I haven't been back to the gym in a year so this is my main exercise... I try and get on it for 45 minutes to an hour a day...

I've had to back off occasionally due to shoulder and back pain..usually a few days of a rest will do the trick.

Remember you can download the app to your phone and record the workout ...that way it will just keep your workouts and you'll be able to differentiate your use from your son's and neighbors...then you can sync it with the online logbook...

I'm hoping to start going back to the gym as well so I can start getting a more varied workout..

Get that Tee!
that's awesome you're killing it! I had covid last year and never have built back up, and was never able to go that long. Right now I generally do 5K which takes me a little over 20 minutes... I had it under 20 precovid and would do about 30 minutes for my longer workout. I think 45 would hurt my back, but I may not have correct form either. I feel like 30 is plenty for me to get the workout I want.

I downloaded the app, but think I have to create a profile on their website or something for it to download to their cloud and for them to recognize it for the award. If you have a suggestion or synopsis, I'm all ears. I talked to their tech support and I think it ended up I had to take my laptop down there and connect to it physically, which was more effort than I wanted to expend. But right now I think my results are just stored on the machine. I cancelled my gym membership when I got this and the only thing I really miss is the sauna... well, and shooting around in the gym now and then... and the pool and the bikini moms! But, I use resistance bands for strength training and they have shocked me at how effective they are. The best exercise investment I can think of in terms of bang for buck. I also bought a pullup, dip and leg raise station that I like. My son is wanting me to get a heavy bag, which I'd also like to have, but I've steadily built my home workout capabilties and haven't looked back at the gym... except for those bikini moms!

The thing is that many people don't know the problem. There is a West Wing where Leo discusses his alcoholism. He says the problem isn't that he wants a drink, he cannot understand how anyone can have a drink. He has to have 10 drinks. Food addiction is no different

I have a friend who is a recovering alcoholic and has been very open about it. I showed him this clip, he said it is very much how he felt.

I like the whole clip, but if you don't want 5 minutes start at 1:30 and go about a minute twenty.

SD, I'm slowly but steadily closing in on my 1 million meter mark! Think I'm around 940,000. My goal was to hit it by my birthday, but that's next Saturday, so that ain't happening. Like rubbing my face on the outside of her panties... I'm close, but not quite where I want to be! Besides, my son uses it some when he visits and so does a neighbor, so in my head I've told myself I don't "really" accomplish it until I hit 1.1 million, just to be sure. Did you send in for the certificate and tshirt? Still working for you? Thinking it was irritating your elbow or shoulder at one point.

that's awesome you're killing it! I had covid last year and never have built back up, and was never able to go that long. Right now I generally do 5K which takes me a little over 20 minutes... I had it under 20 precovid and would do about 30 minutes for my longer workout. I think 45 would hurt my back, but I may not have correct form either. I feel like 30 is plenty for me to get the workout I want.

I downloaded the app, but think I have to create a profile on their website or something for it to download to their cloud and for them to recognize it for the award. If you have a suggestion or synopsis, I'm all ears. I talked to their tech support and I think it ended up I had to take my laptop down there and connect to it physically, which was more effort than I wanted to expend. But right now I think my results are just stored on the machine. I cancelled my gym membership when I got this and the only thing I really miss is the sauna... well, and shooting around in the gym now and then... and the pool and the bikini moms! But, I use resistance bands for strength training and they have shocked me at how effective they are. The best exercise investment I can think of in terms of bang for buck. I also bought a pullup, dip and leg raise station that I like. My son is wanting me to get a heavy bag, which I'd also like to have, but I've steadily built my home workout capabilties and haven't looked back at the gym... except for those bikini moms!

You're doing fine...your workouts are more intense than mine...I just get on and do the 'just row' option...usually an hour will get me between 10k to 11k meters. I turn on some music and start rowing...

I hear you about the gym...I quit going when Covid shut things down and I'm not comfortable yet with going back. I miss the gym for all the reasons you mention! My gym has a basketball court as well and I miss going in and shooting around as it was rarely used by anyone. I look forward to going back at some point in the future. I have a free gym membership through my Medicare advantage coverage so it doesn't cost me anything.

I wish you could get the app and their logbook synced correctly as it is a great motivator! It shows your year to date meters, lifetime meters, number of workouts, where you rank vs others in year to date meters, etc...all kinds of data.

It sounds like you have the app already set up on your phone (https://www.concept2.com/service/software/ergdata).

After your app is on your phone, you need to sign up for the log book which I did on my computer... I assume you could do so on your phone but I used my computer...that site is https://log.concept2.com/

Once you have your app on your phone and the log book set up you're ready to go.

When you are ready to start your workout you click on the Erg app on your phone...You'll get a pop up that tells you a blue tooth connection is required and then make sure your app is connected via blue tooth ( or you could use a USB cable) to the rower .. once connection is made you are ready to start your workout...Once the workout is completed , the workout will show on your phone...you'll get a pop asking if the workout is complete and select yet...

Then you need to sync the workout from your phone to your logbook ...to do so swipe left on your phone twice ....which will show you your workout..at the top of that page is a sync button...tap that and your workout should be carried over to the logbook..you can manually enter workouts onto your logbook as well if you aren't able to sync it over from your phone..

Believe me I am not the most tech savvy person so if I can figure it out I'm sure you can.

Lots of info maybe most of which you knew... hopefully you can get the logbook set up as it really acts as an extra motivator for me...

For everyone else who could care less about kkott and my conversation, here is my penance:

180703-upside-down-bikini-index.jpg

927106e75a9e5f29911cc94f4f710481.png

39077702-9241445-image-a-12_1612887709469.jpg

2bTA060ezvlhgUZSUvmNz6Yr5R_DWZZ1BxdaIzozl0U.jpg

Get that Tee!

Speaking of gyms, does any know what headset she has on?

MycKTKt8ynOYOLR3aHyvM6dIxihIMr5C7NVn4A36OhgGI8QAJNYqNwgO0vgyujyHXCs0OVNRvRosnw=s906-nd

Not sure earbuds do it for me anymore.

Reactions: BigMobe and kkott
You're doing fine...your workouts are more intense than mine...I just get on and do the 'just row' option...usually an hour will get me between 10k to 11k meters. I turn on some music and start rowing...

I hear you about the gym...I quit going when Covid shut things down and I'm not comfortable yet with going back. I miss the gym for all the reasons you mention! My gym has a basketball court as well and I miss going in and shooting around as it was rarely used by anyone. I look forward to going back at some point in the future. I have a free gym membership through my Medicare advantage coverage so it doesn't cost me anything.

I wish you could get the app and their logbook synced correctly as it is a great motivator! It shows your year to date meters, lifetime meters, number of workouts, where you rank vs others in year to date meters, etc...all kinds of data.

It sounds like you have the app already set up on your phone (https://www.concept2.com/service/software/ergdata).

After your app is on your phone, you need to sign up for the log book which I did on my computer... I assume you could do so on your phone but I used my computer...that site is https://log.concept2.com/

Once you have your app on your phone and the log book set up you're ready to go.

When you are ready to start your workout you click on the Erg app on your phone...You'll get a pop up that tells you a blue tooth connection is required and then make sure your app is connected via blue tooth ( or you could use a USB cable) to the rower .. once connection is made you are ready to start your workout...Once the workout is completed , the workout will show on your phone...you'll get a pop asking if the workout is complete and select yet...

Then you need to sync the workout from your phone to your logbook ...to do so swipe left on your phone twice ....which will show you your workout..at the top of that page is a sync button...tap that and your workout should be carried over to the logbook..you can manually enter workouts onto your logbook as well if you aren't able to sync it over from your phone..

Believe me I am not the most tech savvy person so if I can figure it out I'm sure you can.

Lots of info maybe most of which you knew... hopefully you can get the logbook set up as it really acts as an extra motivator for me...

For everyone else who could care less about kkott and my conversation, here is my penance:

180703-upside-down-bikini-index.jpg

927106e75a9e5f29911cc94f4f710481.png

39077702-9241445-image-a-12_1612887709469.jpg

2bTA060ezvlhgUZSUvmNz6Yr5R_DWZZ1BxdaIzozl0U.jpg
Question: did you do all the synch stuff before you started? I downloaded the app, but didn't mess with the online log book and when I talked to their tech support, they said I had to connect my laptop to the rower with a cable and I've never bothered. Doesn't sound like you had to do that at all, but obviously I don't want to lose the meter's I've completed and he said I needed to connect with a cable to do that.

Question: did you do all the synch stuff before you started? I downloaded the app, but didn't mess with the online log book and when I talked to their tech support, they said I had to connect my laptop to the rower with a cable and I've never bothered. Doesn't sound like you had to do that at all, but obviously I don't want to lose the meter's I've completed and he said I needed to connect with a cable to do that.

Is your workout history located on your phone app or just on the rower memory?

From the beginning I would connect the ERG app on my phone to the rower when starting a workout. ....not by cable, just by bluetooth.

Then when the workout is finished,, I sync it over to the online logbook from my phone. If I forget to sync a workout or two when I'm done, the next time I sync, it will carry over all the un-synced workouts.

Now maybe he is saying that because your workout history is only on the rower and not on the phone app you have to connect a cable to transfer those to your logbook? That would make sense. I have never connected my phone or laptop to the rower by cable. It is all transferred by bluetooth.

I also know that you can manually enter a workout into your logbook....for instance, if you use a rower at the gym and want to enter it manually into your logbook, you can do so. So worse case scenario (although it would be a lot of work), you could go back and manually enter your workouts into the logbook.

If you haven't already I would set up your logbook on your computer. Then you can play around with it to see if you can sync the workouts over from your phone or manually enter them by date, length of time and distance.

Hope that helps!

Is your workout history located on your phone app or just on the rower memory?

From the beginning I would connect the ERG app on my phone to the rower when starting a workout. ....not by cable, just by bluetooth.

Then when the workout is finished,, I sync it over to the online logbook from my phone. If I forget to sync a workout or two when I'm done, the next time I sync, it will carry over all the un-synced workouts.

Now maybe he is saying that because your workout history is only on the rower and not on the phone app you have to connect a cable to transfer those to your logbook? That would make sense. I have never connected my phone or laptop to the rower by cable. It is all transferred by bluetooth.

I also know that you can manually enter a workout into your logbook....for instance, if you use a rower at the gym and want to enter it manually into your logbook, you can do so. So worse case scenario (although it would be a lot of work), you could go back and manually enter your workouts into the logbook.

If you haven't already I would set up your logbook on your computer. Then you can play around with it to see if you can sync the workouts over from your phone or manually enter them by date, length of time and distance.

Hope that helps!
Yeah, that's what he was saying, since my history/mileage total is only on my rower, I had to connect it, which seemed so old school I had trouble believing it. My phone connects to my rower every time I turn it on, but I guess that's the deal.

ADVERTISEMENT