ADVERTISEMENT

Friday Funnies

sdhoosier

All-Big Ten
Dec 21, 2001
So Calif

An Irishman an Englishman and a Scotsman were sitting in a bar in Sydney. The view was fantastic, the beer excellent, and the food exceptional. "But" said the Scotsman. "I still prefer the pubs back home.

Why in Glasgow there's a little bar called McTavish's. Now the landlord there goes out of his way for the locals so much that when you buy 4 drinks he will buy the 5th drink for you."

"Well." said the Englishman "At my local, the Red Lion, the barman there will buy you your 3rd drink after you buy the first 2."

"Ahhh that's nothin'" said the Irishman "Back home in Dublin there's Ryan's Bar. Now the moment you set foot in the place they'll buy you a drink, then another, all the drinks you like. Then when you've had enough to drink they'll take you upstairs and see that you get laid. All on the house."

The Englishman and Scotsman immediately pour scorn on the Irishman's claims. He swears every word is true. "Well" said the Englishman "Did this actually happen to you."

"Not myself personally no" said the Irishman, "But it did happen to my sister."

and a chick....

8434a1b0a7acb7aa1cf72e09d4dcdd45.jpg

An Irishman an Englishman and a Scotsman were sitting in a bar in Sydney. The view was fantastic, the beer excellent, and the food exceptional. "But" said the Scotsman. "I still prefer the pubs back home.

Why in Glasgow there's a little bar called McTavish's. Now the landlord there goes out of his way for the locals so much that when you buy 4 drinks he will buy the 5th drink for you."

"Well." said the Englishman "At my local, the Red Lion, the barman there will buy you your 3rd drink after you buy the first 2."

"Ahhh that's nothin'" said the Irishman "Back home in Dublin there's Ryan's Bar. Now the moment you set foot in the place they'll buy you a drink, then another, all the drinks you like. Then when you've had enough to drink they'll take you upstairs and see that you get laid. All on the house."

The Englishman and Scotsman immediately pour scorn on the Irishman's claims. He swears every word is true. "Well" said the Englishman "Did this actually happen to you."

"Not myself personally no" said the Irishman, "But it did happen to my sister."

and a chick....

8434a1b0a7acb7aa1cf72e09d4dcdd45.jpg

I sometimes relay the Friday Funnies to MrsSope . . . not this one . . .

. . . but I still LedOL . . . .

BTW, regarding that picture . . . nice taste! Miele washer and dryer stackables . . . .

Damn good joke, damn good woman, damn fine ass! Damn well-done!

PS. I have an annoying piece of corn caught in my teeth, can you see if the little missie there will pass over her thong so I can floss that bugger out? I'll be sure to tuck it all back in nice and neat when I'm done.

I sometimes relay the Friday Funnies to MrsSope . . . not this one . . .

. . . but I still LedOL . . . .

BTW, regarding that picture . . . nice taste! Miele washer and dryer stackables . . . .

I was hoping this joke wasn't to objectionable on the PC scale... but it is just a joke and hopefully it can be viewed in that context. Next week I promise one you can pass on to Mrs Sope!

Reactions: All4You
I was hoping this joke wasn't to objectionable on the PC scale... but it is just a joke and hopefully it can be viewed in that context. Next week I promise one you can pass on to Mrs Sope!

You post a pic like that of a tiny little twig with a tiny little waist and an ass like that and you think his Mrs is going to be upset over the joke? If she sees him looking at that, I'm guessing the joke won't be an issue! Da-yummmm!

Reactions: BigMobe
You post a pic like that of a tiny little twig with a tiny little waist and an ass like that and you think his Mrs is going to be upset over the joke? If she sees him looking at that, I'm guessing the joke won't be an issue! Da-yummmm!

I was assuming he was only forwarding the joke and not the pic.....maybe I'm wrong. :p

She doesn't have anything to worry about . . . :cool:

Don't worry about MrsSope . . . she can do fine without the jokes anyway. This group . . . that joke is perfect!

BTW, last week she LOL at the drunk . . . .

Don't worry about MrsSope . . . she can do fine without the jokes anyway. This group . . . that joke is perfect!

BTW, last week she LOL at the drunk . . . .

Yeah, I think we've lost something when we lose the ability to laugh at things, even if in "real-life" the subject of the joke might be wrong or inappropriate. I cracked up at the joke, but did try it on a couple women and both seemed to feel it was off color or inappropriate. Isn't that sometimes what a joke is for?

Yeah, I think we've lost something when we lose the ability to laugh at things, even if in "real-life" the subject of the joke might be wrong or inappropriate. I cracked up at the joke, but did try it on a couple women and both seemed to feel it was off color or inappropriate. Isn't that sometimes what a joke is for?
My dad used to be opposed to humor generally because he always thought the joke made fun of someone.* Well, if the formula for humor is tragedy + time (perspective), then he was dead right about the basis for humor . . . but over time I learned that's an intellectual and puny way of looking at things.

If we take ourselves so seriously that we can't laugh at ourselves, then we become brittle and inept at personal relationships.

Of course, if we're always making fun of someone else . . . then that's not requiring us to laugh at ourselves, is it?

* My dad enjoyed laughing at me taking myself too seriously . . . . :rolleyes:

Reactions: 76-1 and sdhoosier
Damn good joke, damn good woman, damn fine ass! Damn well-done!

PS. I have an annoying piece of corn caught in my teeth, can you see if the little missie there will pass over her thong so I can floss that bugger out? I'll be sure to tuck it all back in nice and neat when I'm done.
My guess is that she'd say "no" because she'd know where the floss has been . . .

. . . which begs the question about whether you'd know where the floss had been before you used it . . . .

My dad used to be opposed to humor generally because he always thought the joke made fun of someone.* Well, if the formula for humor is tragedy + time (perspective), then he was dead right about the basis for humor . . . but over time I learned that's an intellectual and puny way of looking at things.

If we take ourselves so seriously that we can't laugh at ourselves, then we become brittle and inept at personal relationships.

Of course, if we're always making fun of someone else . . . then that's not requiring us to laugh at ourselves, is it?

* My dad enjoyed laughing at me taking myself too seriously . . . . :rolleyes:
So your Dad objected to laughing at random people he didn't know, but was fine with laughing at his Son? 'Splains a lot!

Reactions: Sope Creek
Reminds me of my fav fish & chips place at Watson's Bay, Sydney. Its called Doyles. It may not be the best in town but the location is fantastic. Fish & chips and washing it down with some bevies.

62fe98ccf83cf37fb3c4b095d657637a.jpg

(Sydney skyline in the background)

doyals+1.jpg

seafood-platter_rotated_270.jpg

fish_n_chips.jpg

doyles.jpg

map-watsons-bay-sydney-harbour-opera-house-south-head.png

Last edited:
Reminds me of my fav fish & chips place at Watson's Bay, Sydney. Its called Doyles. It may not be the best in town but the location is fantastic. Fish & chips and washing it down with some bevies.

62fe98ccf83cf37fb3c4b095d657637a.jpg

(Sydney skyline in the background)

doyals+1.jpg

seafood-platter_rotated_270.jpg

fish_n_chips.jpg

doyles.jpg

map-watsons-bay-sydney-harbour-opera-house-south-head.png
Place has only been in business 124 years? They'll never make it...!

Reactions: sglowrider
ADVERTISEMENT