ADVERTISEMENT

Fresh Lander article

Jssanto

All-Big Ten
Feb 15, 2019
New Orleans
I like the article on Lander. Snowling will likely post for us, but if not, I will try when on my laptop.
Sum up is:
1. Archie loves the kid for an up tempo PG playmaker.
2. Lander has plenty of mental and emotional toughness.
3. Physically, we must remember, he will be a high school senior and will be playing against players up to 22 and 23 years old.

I like the article on Lander. Snowling will likely post for us, but if not, I will try when on my laptop.
Sum up is:
3. Physically, we must remember, he will be a high school senior and will be playing against players up to 22 and 23 years old.
re #3 Would have helped him to stay in hs one more year

re #3 Would have helped him to stay in hs one more year
I didn't gain any size or noticeable strength change between my junior or senior years of high school. There were kids using steroids and encouraged to do so by our lovable line coach.

High schools have weight rooms available They have trainers available during their sports seasons, but they don't receive strength and nutritional coaching year round like Lander will be getting.

Lander will likely keep his slender build, but will start seeing an increased strength once he gets into the program.

Lander's biggest adjustment will be that his big quickness advantage will be taken away. He will learn to be more physical and find ways to recover his advantage.

I can't wait to see him play. We haven't had a combination of skill, quickness, and basketball IQ at the PG for a long time. Yogi had those abilities, but Lander is longer and quicker than Yogi. I hope stays longer than 2 years.

I’m sure you folks saw Zeek and AJ Guyton as freshmen. They were just wisps. But they could ball and had tremendous mental toughness. I’m not saying of course that Lander’s on their level and I know he’s younger than they were as fresh. But I’m ready to have a tough minded and highly skilled guy at the point.

I’m sure you folks saw Zeek and AJ Guyton as freshmen. They were just wisps. But they could ball and had tremendous mental toughness. I’m not saying of course that Lander’s on their level and I know he’s younger than they were as fresh. But I’m ready to have a tough minded and highly skilled guy at the point.
If Lander can just hit some outside shots he will be very valuable. He doesn't have to be Superman, just a good shooting Clark Kent.

Zeke was not a wisp as a frosh. One of the better PG's in history of college BB.

I didn't gain any size or noticeable strength change between my junior or senior years of high school. There were kids using steroids and encouraged to do so by our lovable line coach.

High schools have weight rooms available They have trainers available during their sports seasons, but they don't receive strength and nutritional coaching year round like Lander will be getting.

Lander will likely keep his slender build, but will start seeing an increased strength once he gets into the program.

Lander's biggest adjustment will be that his big quickness advantage will be taken away. He will learn to be more physical and find ways to recover his advantage.

I can't wait to see him play. We haven't had a combination of skill, quickness, and basketball IQ at the PG for a long time. Yogi had those abilities, but Lander is longer and quicker than Yogi. I hope stays longer than 2 years.

I fully expect him and Trayce to be in the 2021 draft. And according to other site he turns 18 this summer and will be eligible. Let's just hope we have a season and we get him for one year.

By wisp I meant he was very thin and light, which he was. And of course he was great. I never said he wasn’t. Where did you get that impression? Lord.
Not disrespecting your comment, just stating Zeke was not thin and light as a freshman. He was solid from the beginning.

Lander is a 100% a two year guy..If not 3..
I saw better all around guards in S.W. Indiana last year..I'm all for him ..Hope he tear's it up..But that 5 star ranking has fans Waaaaay over the top for him..And expecting too much..

I saw better all around guards in S.W. Indiana last year..I'm all for him ..Hope he tear's it up..But that 5 star ranking has fans Waaaaay over the top for him..And expecting too much..
Probably 2 years - not so sure about 3. He didn’t rate himself. He’s a legitimate 5 star

Wasn't there a recent mock draft having him going in the lottery next year?

Wasn't there a recent mock draft having him going in the lottery next year?
They dont get much pro evaluation while in high school. So those early mocks are just guesses. FWIW the mechanics on his jumper are strange. The ball is too far in front of his head and no one knows if that will translate to the next level. Generally bad mechanics equals bad shot. Ie Romeo. We will see. He has a superb handle though and good vision so he will help us.

Aw, the hilljack found some slack jawed inbred friends. lmao .. yee hee hee haw haw haw.

It's an honor to be hated by ones such as you.Thank you, it means the world to me. It also means I'm doing something right and though you may hate me, your daughters and sisters, they love me. Yum .....
How’s that receding hair line doing?

Sum up is:

Hate to interrupt this thread's descent into personal attacks, but what article are we talking about here?

They dont get much pro evaluation while in high school. So those early mocks are just guesses. FWIW the mechanics on his jumper are strange. The ball is too far in front of his head and no one knows if that will translate to the next level. Generally bad mechanics equals bad shot. Ie Romeo. We will see. He has a superb handle though and good vision so he will help us.
Good post. I never played North coached so I don’t really know the proper form

Hate to interrupt this thread's descent into personal attacks, but what article are we talking about here?
Sorry. It was my fault for not posting it initially but I so routinely do this forum from my phone rather than my laptop. The three points summed up Archie Miller’s opinion

Zeke was not a wisp as a frosh. One of the better PG's in history of college BB.
Maybe he thinks Quinn Buckner was a wisp coming out of Thornridge HS, too. Now, Guyton qualifies as wispy but, man, could he fill it up from day 1. That boy could ball with ‘em all, big or small. It was noted early on, he got game.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Maybe he thinks Quinn Buckner was a wisp coming out of Thornridge HS, too. Now, Guyton qualifies as wispy but, man, could he fill it up from day 1. That boy could ball with ‘em all, big or small. It was noted early on, he got game.
Was shown early on vs Uconn and then in the preseason NIT vs Princeton, St Louis, Evansville and Duke as a freshman that he was going to be a star. Then we saw those two back to back 31pt games as a freshman. I believe @ Michigan a win and a home loss vs Purdue?

Was shown early on vs Uconn and then in the preseason NIT vs Princeton, St Louis, Evansville and Duke as a freshman that he was going to be a star. Then we saw those two back to back 31pt games as a freshman. I believe @ Michigan a win and a home loss vs Purdue?
Guyton came out of nowhere, Peoria, IL, as the epitome of a “pleasant surprise”...hot out of the starting block, adapting well to the college game, as if he had been playing at that level earlier in life. I seem to remember him dropping like 26 (31?) early on, then thinking, h-m-m-m...he certainly made that look easy. It probably didn’t take Bob Knight long to show a wet spot.

ADVERTISEMENT