ADVERTISEMENT

Free board...

hoosier48

Junior
May 21, 2008
I love this board and of course it is free, but the Purdue fans that are coming over here turning things negative (assuming us getting a potential game changer coach is why) is frustrating. I don't care what is on GBI, but at least I like to have common interest with fans here and talk about the future. The obsession is over the top mod's please do like others do and ban these idiots. IMO the fact they turn a post subject completely around to the point of getting OT is enough. I am at fault of falling in that trap myself, but please let us enjoy some positives that we so deserve w/o Boilers Hijacking a post....

Reactions: iulb and Frosty83
I love this board and of course it is free, but the Purdue fans that are coming over here turning things negative (assuming us getting a potential game changer coach is why) is frustrating. I don't care what is on GBI, but at least I like to have common interest with fans here and talk about the future. The obsession is over the top mod's please do like others do and ban these idiots. IMO the fact they turn a post subject completely around to the point of getting OT is enough. I am at fault of falling in that trap myself, but please let us enjoy some positives that we so deserve w/o Boilers Hijacking a post....
... or we could just start beating them.

Seriously, you have an ignore button... it will take care of 90%+ of your issue. I don't like it either, but when a poster is nothing but a troll, I ignore them. I actually like that opposing fans don't get banned just for being opposing fans and often enjoy comments from other team's fans. Try it and see if it doesn't make the board more readable and enjoyable for you.

... or we could just start beating them.

Seriously, you have an ignore button... it will take care of 90%+ of your issue. I don't like it either, but when a poster is nothing but a troll, I ignore them. I actually like that opposing fans don't get banned just for being opposing fans and often enjoy comments from other team's fans. Try it and see if it doesn't make the board more readable and enjoyable for you.
Some boilers come in peace and want to talk sports, players, coaches, big ten, etc. They can add insight. Others must have some sadness in their lives that they feel the need to spew hate.

Reactions: hoosier48
They literally have like 3-5 threads about us going all the time. They act like a jilted lover. Some of the stuff that is posted has Dunning Kruger all over it.

The mods will not police it but you can for yourself. Liberal use of the ignore feature takes care of it.

I haven’t used the ignore feature yet. Do you have a list of the Purdue fans that post more than others that we should ignore.

Reactions: jsbanks
It’s pretty easy to put them on ignore. I will say there are plenty of IU posters I have also put on ignore. They have all earned their spot, typically due to sheer stupidity.

Reactions: kkott and hoosier48
Yeah ignore is a great idea, but i would think they could/would still hi-jack a thread.
I think you'll like it. It just removes their posts, but it has a "see ignored content" button or something, so if you sense from the other posts, you're missing something of value, you just click it and you can see the comments just while you're in that thread. Next thread, it will block again and you have to check that button all over again.

I like the boilers coming over. Makes it interesting. Always have few D-bags but I focus on the cool posts and there are some from our boilers. Agree with post above. Time to start beating them. Go Hoosiers!
People hit the “ignore” bottom because they have trouble posting substantively. They’d rather ignore someone than up their game.

Last edited:
I disagree. Why do a battle of wits with an unarmed man? That doesn't stroke my ego.
You fell victim to one of the classic blunders — the most famous of which is, “Never get involved in a land war in Asia” — but only slightly less well-known is this: “Never go against a Sicilian when death is on the line”! 🤣

Autocracies want only one viewpoint. you learn far more when opposing views are accepted and challenged if partisan, but enlightening when informational.

Reactions: Birnk403
Autocracies want only one viewpoint. you learn far more when opposing views are accepted and challenged if partisan, but enlightening when informational.
Agreed but trolls are trolls and this place has had that problem for years. Many of the knowledgeable posters were chased off and reside elsewhere. Too bad as this was a great place to talk IU hoops in general.

They literally have like 3-5 threads about us going all the time. They act like a jilted lover. Some of the stuff that is posted has Dunning Kruger all over it.

I peeked at GBI the other day after picking up Kopp..... Literally, out of the top ten threads, the first three or four were all IU related........... I guess because IU sucks.

McHoop

I peeked at GBI the other day after picking up Kopp..... Literally, out of the top ten threads, the first three or four were all IU related........... I guess because IU sucks.

McHoop
I very seldom ever read the GBI free forum. I belong to GBI and Peegs premium and also visit here and Iowa regularly and other Big Ten sites periodically,

I didn't even know Purdue had a board. Are you sure?

Check receipts. IU hit bottom, enjoy the ride back up. They for sure won't.
Purdue fans know something that I am not sure IU fans really know. It's the simple truth of the greatness of IU. You have to do something to screw it up. If decent people who want to win are in charge then the sky is the limit. PU fans know they need a lot of luck and for the stars to align for them to win big. IU can only be kept from winning big with ineptness.

Purdue fans know something that I am not sure IU fans really know. It's the simple truth of the greatness of IU. You have to do something to screw it up. If decent people who want to win are in charge then the sky is the limit. PU fans know they need a lot of luck and for the stars to align for them to win big. IU can only be kept from winning big with ineptness.
I do think IU is a much easier job and has a lot of built in advantages, but let’s not lose all sense of reality and go full blind fan mode. The programs are much closer now than many fans want to believe. We’re not UK or UNC anymore. In fact we’re much closer to Purdue than we are UK, UNC, Duke, etc.

I didn't even know Purdue had a board. Are you sure?
There are several people here who are regular visitors there, even as they complain about harmless cheers and visits from the PUers. Not sure why they allow themselves to be so intimidated, but they obviously do.

Agreed but trolls are trolls and this place has had that problem for years. Many of the knowledgeable posters were chased off and reside elsewhere. Too bad as this was a great place to talk IU hoops in general.
True. There is a difference between debate with substance and trolls looking for conflict without the consequences. The first is great, the second is beyond worthless. No trolling used to be a rule and enforced, not so much anymore, which is a shame.

There are several people here who are regular visitors there, even as they complain about harmless cheers and visits from the PUers. Not sure why they allow themselves to be so intimidated, but they obviously do.
It's the little brother complex. IU lives in the heads of PU fans rent free. Even when they beat us so many times in a row because of our crazy administration they are not happy until they are prominent nationally.

Reactions: Please Be Kind
It's the little brother complex. IU lives in the heads of PU fans rent free. Even when they beat us so many times in a row because of our crazy administration they are not happy until they are prominent nationally.
The biggest difference is the national media or other fans(other than us) wouldn’t pay any attention to PUke if the roles reversed. The reason we get bashed is because of our national footprint. PUke doesn’t have any of that. The only attention they get is when they have great teams. No final 4 since 1980 really is a big deal.

I get the problem with Purdue fans, but why do several IU fans here get so intimidated and outthought by Purdue people? We see it more and more.

I do think IU is a much easier job and has a lot of built in advantages, but let’s not lose all sense of reality and go full blind fan mode. The programs are much closer now than many fans want to believe. We’re not UK or UNC anymore. In fact we’re much closer to Purdue than we are UK, UNC, Duke, etc.

Anybody who has lost 9 straight to an arch rival and professes their program is superior to their opponent would be labeled disingenuous and mustered out of their Kelly Classroom. Nothing is forever except in delusions and hallucinations. Jerry Jones has found that out big time the last 25 years!

Reactions: fkfootball
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT