ADVERTISEMENT

Fred Glass

Last edited:
I did share though I’m sure it’s not meaningful for you since you haven’t seen any of the other member school’s facilities. If you ever get the opportunity, I’m sure it will be an eye opener for you.

No, I read your post again and there is nothing more than a more focused "theirs is better" statement.

Fredd you might understand how I am beginning to doubt that you are able to quantify your rather broad and general statement about IUs facilities for FB and BB let alone all 24 sports.

I was truly hoping that this version of yourself could get off on a different foot than the prior versions, you see, they all had a bad reputation for making a lot of super general claims with absolutely no content or context to back them up, then calling the posters names that questioned them.

Should I be concerned?

Disagree. Both Purdue and Northwestern just built/are building Football-Only Performance Complexes that are bigger and/or superior to IUs.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools...df/2017-18/misc_non_event/FPC_locker_room.pdf

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/pur/genrel/auto_pdf/2017-18/misc_non_event/FPC_meeting_rooms.pdf

Edit: Northwestern’s facility is NOT football only, but is very impressive:

I don't get your point. So you think by building a nice new locker room and training facility it nullifies the deficiencies in their stadiums?

Every school is building new and improved facilities. Purdue and Northwestern have a LONG way to go to catch up to the IU's, Minnesota's, Maryland's of the conference.

Reactions: IUgradman
I don't get your point. So you think by building a nice new locker room and training facility it nullifies the deficiencies in their stadiums?

Every school is building new and improved facilities. Purdue and Northwestern have a LONG way to go to catch up to the IU's, Minnesota's, Maryland's of the conference.
My point is IU’s football facility is not as good as Purdue’s, and their smallish stadium isn’t leaps and bounds ahead of Ross-Ade, and once we address the SEZ, that will be evened out. So I disagreed with your premise of “clearly worse facilities”. I’ve seen IUs, they were very impressive 4 years ago.

And the Football facilities are where the players spend 90% plus of their time, not the stadium.

I literally know zero Purdue people who would go back to the no alcohol in stadium/pass-out policy. Real football fans don’t want to miss most of the 3rd quarter to go have a bite to eat and a drink.
It is sad to me that a person cant go 3 hours without a beer. If you can't enjoy a game without alcohol then you are going to be social rather than the sporting event.

It is sad to me that a person cant go 3 hours without a beer. If you can't enjoy a game without alcohol then you are going to be social rather than the sporting event.
If it fills the stadium does it really matter why they went? I bet Glass would take 20k more people at football games even if they just went there for the social aspect

My point is IU’s football facility is not as good as Purdue’s, and their smallish stadium isn’t leaps and bounds ahead of Ross-Ade, and once we address the SEZ, that will be evened out. So I disagreed with your premise of “clearly worse facilities”. I’ve seen IUs, they were very impressive 4 years ago.

And the Football facilities are where the players spend 90% plus of their time, not the stadium.

The bottom line is Purdue is playing severe catch-up. Great that they finally are putting some money into the place but it's not like everyone is standing still. Maybe they will get some more World War I training tables and working toilets? And, putting players in s cargo van to take for X-rays at the veterinary school is something you'd only see in Div III.

No, I read your post again and there is nothing more than a more focused "theirs is better" statement.

Fredd you might understand how I am beginning to doubt that you are able to quantify your rather broad and general statement about IUs facilities for FB and BB let alone all 24 sports.

I was truly hoping that this version of yourself could get off on a different foot than the prior versions, you see, they all had a bad reputation for making a lot of super general claims with absolutely no content or context to back them up, then calling the posters names that questioned them.

Should I be concerned?
As I’ve already said, once you get a chance to see what others have, you’ll have a far better understanding of where IU stands. Until then, you don’t have anything to add here. If you want to be concerned, be concerned about your admitted lack of exposure to the other school’s athletic facilities.

Last edited:
Purdue is now ahead of IU in football facilities, at least in terms of completed projects.

And thanks to Morgue, we now have killer softball, baseball, soccer, tennis and swimming facilities. Yay.
LOL!!! No bias there. You have actual wood lockers and LED lighting. Wooo. Meanwhile, IU is putting in a state of the art rehab facility complete with actual whirlpools. Purdue has a couple training tables from 1918 and an X-ray machine located at the veterinary clinic with upscale transportation being a cargo van. Top notch!

LOL!!! No bias there. You have actual wood lockers and LED lighting. Wooo. Meanwhile, IU is putting in a state of the art rehab facility complete with actual whirlpools. Purdue has a couple training tables from 1918 and an X-ray machine located at the veterinary clinic with upscale transportation being a cargo van. Top notch!
That stuffs for the visitors. We just opened a $70 million Football-Only performance complex in August.

We also invested in a really good coaching staff. Might want to look into that.

As I’ve already said, once you get a chance to see what others have, you’ll have a far better understanding of where IU stands. Until then, you don’t have anything to add here. If you want to be concerned, be concerned about your admitted lack of exposure to the other school’s athletic facilities.

I was asking for your help in understanding the rather broad statement you made about IU's facilities. A great opportunity for you to demonstrate that you are a changed poster. You could not meet that bell.

Apparently and unfortunately you have not changed. You are the same Ordfan v8 troll here calling people ignorant and proclaiming yourself an expert while providing zero backup for your claims.

You won't be here long, just like the 7 former names...good posters will report your crap and finally Jordan will ban you again.

Don't ever say I didn't try to help you.

That stuffs for the visitors. We just opened a $70 million Football-Only performance complex in August.

You are beginning to spin out of control here. Pull up. Be reasonable in your claims.

PU has a nice new training center which they desperately needed to catch up in that aspect. The stadium is decades behind and may some day catch up. They did hire a coach that made a big impact in his first season. The question will be how long they can keep him before he moves up to a bigger program.

It is simple as that.

You are beginning to spin out of control here. Pull up. Be reasonable in your claims.

PU has a nice new training center which they desperately needed to catch up in that aspect. The stadium is decades behind and may some day catch up. They did hire a coach that made a big impact in his first season. The question will be how long they can keep him before he moves up to a bigger program.

It is simple as that.
I don't know about you, but I'd like bathrooms in memorial stadium that aren't reminiscent of a dank new York subway station.

I don't know about you, but I'd like bathrooms in memorial stadium that aren't reminiscent of a dank new York subway station.

Well, if you followed IU, you'd know they are renovating those. You spent a lot of times in New York subway bathrooms? I can only imagine. You probably looked for ones specifically with those holes cut out in the stall doors?

Lol, no arguement there. Fortunately those are being redone this summer and I am told will actually include more than two sinks.

I was asking for your help in understanding the rather broad statement you made about IU's facilities. A great opportunity for you to demonstrate that you are a changed poster. You could not meet that bell.

Apparently and unfortunately you have not changed. You are the same Ordfan v8 troll here calling people ignorant and proclaiming yourself an expert while providing zero backup for your claims.

You won't be here long, just like the 7 former names...good posters will report your crap and finally Jordan will ban you again.

Don't ever say I didn't try to help you.
Plenty of people in this thread have tried to help give you knowledge and insight as to how IU’s athletic facilities stack up against their Big Ten brethren. Unlike you, many of us have actually seen them and are able to make meaningful comparisons. You’d be well served to learn about a subject before you try to tell others about it, as well as to drop some silly crusade about a poster who got the better of you long ago (another poster in this thread IM’d me with details).

Don’t say we didn’t try to help give you a better understanding. We did, even as you refused to learn. Beyond that, your real aim here is crystal clear, and I’ll let the mods deal with that.

Last edited:

It is simple as that.
I’ve been to your little stadium many times, and we are not “decades behind”. Once we get the SEZ done, we will be at least even with the stadium, and we are already ahead of IU in Football Only facilities.

I’ve been to your little stadium many times, and we are not “decades behind”. Once we get the SEZ done, we will be at least even with the stadium, and we are already ahead of IU in Football Only facilities.

You do realize that there are several programs ahead of both IU and Purdue that have less seating capacity than either school that are much more successful? I've been to Ross Ade as well with their Auschwitz-like bathrooms and crumbling concrete steps. Ever heard of Autzen Stadium? Stanford Stadium? Bobby Dodd Stadium? They blow away Ross Ade and seat less.

I agree Bobinski took Glass behind the woodshed in terms of last year's coaching search, but Purdue is nowhere close to IU in terms of facilities. Football or basketball.

I agree Bobinski took Glass behind the woodshed in terms of last year's coaching search, but Purdue is nowhere close to IU in terms of facilities. Football or basketball.
You are simply incorrect. I have seen IUs facilities and they don’t have anything that matches Purdue’s $70 million Football-Only Performance Complex. Most of IUs facilities are shared with other sports.

BTW, the ROCK you placed in the stadium on your last renovation was pissed on by many of Boilers. Funny somthing tossed away along an unkept path is now an iconic Fred Glass marketing icon.

Let see.

I didn't place it there

It was there before the last renovation.

It could only be pissed on by broilers if they were in Btown and that only happens during Grand Prix when all broilers climb in their go carts and drive don for little 5.

It was not done during Fred Glass' tenure.

Other than that Sparky...great post.

Plenty of people in this thread have tried to help give you knowledge and insight as to how IU’s athletic facilities stack up against their Big Ten brethren. Unlike you, many of us have actually seen them and are able to make meaningful comparisons. You’d be well served to learn about a subject before you try to tell others about it, as well as to drop some silly crusade about a poster who got the better of you long ago (another poster in this thread IM’d me with details).

Don’t say we didn’t try to help give you a better understanding. We did, even as you refused to learn. Beyond that, your real aim here is crystal clear, and I’ll let the mods deal with that.

I gave you several opportunities. You failed to answer the bell. Your schtick has not changed one bit.

Please refrain from responding to my posts from this point forward.

I gave you several opportunities. You failed to answer the bell. Your schtick has not changed one bit.

Please refrain from responding to my posts from this point forward.
There were plenty of posts in this thread that provided the information you needed to increase your knowledge about IU’s and other Big Ten school’s athletic facilities. Please don’t blame me for your willful ignorance if you choose not to learn. Somehow, I don’t think you were ever interested in that, though. You were looking to start a fight and got frustrated when nobody fell for it. Best for you to exclude yourself from these threads if you’re not able to add anything. Thanks.

Last edited:
There were plenty of posts in this thread that provided the information you needed to increase your knowledge about IU’s and other Big Ten school’s athletic facilities. Please don’t blame me for your willful ignorance if you choose not to learn. Somehow, I don’t think you were ever interested in that, though. Best for you to exclude yourself from these threads if you’re not able to add anything. Thanks.

From your meaningless vague presidential-type namecalling criticism...

Agree. Definite instance where "vague" is completely unacceptable. One should be direct and concise in criticizing the the current POTUS, as in "Donald Trump is a complete moron". Terms like wanker, imbecile, piss-ant, misogynist, narcissist, lunatic, dolt, gumby, etc. would also impart an appropriate degree of specificity, as would modifiers like arrogant, ignorant, gutless, asinine, fatuous, and so on.

Tighten it up people.

Reactions: minneman
You do realize that there are several programs ahead of both IU and Purdue that have less seating capacity than either school that are much more successful? I've been to Ross Ade as well with their Auschwitz-like bathrooms and crumbling concrete steps. Ever heard of Autzen Stadium? Stanford Stadium? Bobby Dodd Stadium? They blow away Ross Ade and seat less.
You evidently haven’t been to Ross Ade in a LONG time. Nice try though!

Why would someone go three hours without beer if they don't have to? If i wanted that Id go hang out at the Baptist church instead of a sporting event.

Reactions: VarsityClub47
You evidently haven’t been to Ross Ade in a LONG time. Nice try though!

I suppose Ross Ade is "special" to the special needs Boiler fans. That's great. Other conference members have their own preferences and biases just like you. You offer no concrete evidence by stating "our facilities are better than yours" schtick.
We could debate points back and forth all day about facilities. Purdue's weight room will be smaller. Purdue has a student lounge for football only. IU does not. IU has a rehabilitation area. Purdue has wooden training tables circa 1918. Purdue has no separate basketball practice facility. This could go back and forth.

Reactions: HoosierInOhio7
Realizing you are losing the argument, and then in order to deflect trying to pin an old, irrelevant thread on me.

A. I was not losing any "argument"...certainly not one with you.
B. The recall of that thread was indeed relevant as it was a direct comparison of your antics here.
C. I can certainly understand why you wouldn't want it brought back up. Rather embarassing I would imagine.

I wonder if anyone still remembers(276 posts in) what this thread was about, as created by the OP. It has devolved into politics, bashing of certain posters, and IU v. Purdue. Fred forgotten.

ADVERTISEMENT