ADVERTISEMENT

Fred Glass waited 2 years too long.

Yeah Zeller gave him another year and the Watshot got him that massive extension. The rest is history.

Yeah year 3 had Wonder Boy looking at a rebuild and coming off his second Natty game.

The timing couldn't be more perfect.

Oh well.

I wonder what happens if the Wat Shot rims out? Are we killing Cream for blowing a double digits 2nd half lead? Probably insignificant but I do wonder.

Reactions: IUgradman
Yeah year 3 had Wonder Boy looking at a rebuild and coming off his second Natty game.

The timing couldn't be more perfect.

Oh well.

I wonder what happens if the Wat Shot rims out? Are we killing Cream for blowing a double digits 2nd half lead? Probably insignificant but I do wonder.

If it rims out Crean doesn't have the political capital to stay nearly as long as he did

Reactions: IUgradman
We had Crean 9 years too long IMO. I was disappointed with his hire from day one. A guy who miracled his ass into a FF, but had an inconsistent record as a coach and was always middle-of-the-pack or worse in his prior conferences.

Glass was loyal to TC after he stableized the program and was able to bring in IU-type kids like CZ, VO, JH, etc. the underachievement issue became obvious when he had the talent, there were too many off court issues and the rest is history.

Glass did hang on too long but TC would have been gone at least a year earlier if not for pushback from BOT. I have read the exact opposite on this board which is complete fabrication.

Glass was loyal to TC after he stableized the program and was able to bring in IU-type kids like CZ, VO, JH, etc. the underachievement issue became obvious when he had the talent, there were too many off court issues and the rest is history.

Glass did hang on too long but TC would have been gone at least a year earlier if not for pushback from BOT. I have read the exact opposite on this board which is complete fabrication.

What is your source for your assertion that it was the BOT instead of Glass that kept Crean another year?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT