ADVERTISEMENT

Fred Glass quote during coaching search

Tony Warwick

Hall of Famer
Oct 18, 2001
“Win multiple Big Ten championships, regularly go deep in the NCAA tournament, and win our next national championship—and more after that.”

These were the expectations and Archie knew that. Based on the poll above, 70% of us want him fired at the end of the season, but I believe that to be highly unlikely (key injuries, toughest conference in the country, huge buyout). If IU doesn't win the league title next year and make a run in the NCAAs, then Miller should be terminated.

My advice to everyone here is to deal with the next few weeks with as much positivity as possible. Unless we lose to those turds in West Lafayette again. If that happens, make Archie walk back to Bloomington and change the locks at AH.

“Win multiple Big Ten championships, regularly go deep in the NCAA tournament, and win our next national championship—and more after that.”

These were the expectations and Archie knew that. Based on the poll above, 70% of us want him fired at the end of the season, but I believe that to be highly unlikely (key injuries, toughest conference in the country, huge buyout). If IU doesn't win the league title next year and make a run in the NCAAs, then Miller should be terminated.

My advice to everyone here is to deal with the next few weeks with as much positivity as possible. Unless we lose to those turds in West Lafayette again. If that happens, make Archie walk back to Bloomington and change the locks at AH.
We have no chance of beating Purdue next weekend. This team has completely given up.

Reactions: IUgradman
our chances of winning in West Laffy are very thin. Not just because we haven't beaten them in half a decade, or because we haven't played well in Mackey since Sheehey flexed his biceps. I say that because we played them in the Hall a month ago, and they dominated the entire game, and they are playing better since, while we are playing worse. And we won't have Franklin.

Reactions: BigMobe

Best scenario--Beat Purdue, lose the rest of the games, and get a new coach. Likely scenario--Lose the rest of the games, get a new coach.

They could give a F about the fans, but they don't want to be the ridiculed nationally by the press, which has already begun.

Best scenario--Beat Purdue, lose the rest of the games, and get a new coach. Likely scenario--Lose the rest of the games, get a new coach.

They could give a F about the fans, but they don't want to be the ridiculed nationally by the press, which has already begun.

Oh, I assure you that they give a very big F about the fans.

Reactions: bub-rub
He also said that the buyout was always a non issue and not why Crean wasn't fired earlier.

Oh, I assure you that they give a very big F about the fans.
I'll assure you they don't, they care about $$$. When they view AM as a threat to cash flow, they'll do something. I think it's all very COVID dependent

I'll assure you they don't, they care about $$$. When they view AM as a threat to cash flow, they'll do something. I think it's all very COVID dependent

Well, one cannot separate the fans from the $$$ and AM is already a material threat to both.

NCAA tournament games being televised from Assembly Hall won't be very pleasant....from either the fans or the media. Very toxic situation when that happens. Naturally, the administration will roll out the welcome wagon to visiting teams, media, etc. But IU fans will be focused on the coaching situation at IU.

Well, one cannot separate the fans from the $$$ and AM is already a material threat to both.
Oh, I totally agree, but if COVID threatens the NCAA bubble or is cancelled and next year is threatened, too, I think they'll sit on their hands if we are going to suck anyway. Whoever we hire next is walking into a shit situation, no doubt

NCAA tournament games being televised from Assembly Hall won't be very pleasant....from either the fans or the media. Very toxic situation when that happens. Naturally, the administration will roll out the welcome wagon to visiting teams, media, etc. But IU fans will be focused on the coaching situation at IU.

And the announcers' opening remarks before every game at AH will include some discussion of how the games are being played on IU's home court and IU is not in the tournament, with a recap of our former glory contrasted to the past few seasons and lack of tournament appearances, all in front of a national audience. It will be embarrasing to say the least.

"If IU doesn't win the league title next year..." that's never the standard or the issue. The reality is what if miller comes in 7th next year and makes the tourney. then what. then you're in a trickbag.

if iu doesn't make the tourney this year there's certainly justification for firing miller. losing to purdue on the day bobby knight made his return; missing the tournament when the damn thing is literally being hosted in indiana; and year four results should be better than a losing conference record and no ncaa tournament where you're making money commensurate with certain expectations and you're at a school that has advantages that far exceed the lion's share of other schools, including the third highest recruiting budget. poor results at this point are only excuses. I can only imagine what the crowd would have sounded like after that last game. he's lucky there's no fans

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT