ADVERTISEMENT

Frank Luntz no longer a Republican

DrHoops

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2001
I found this interview with PBS' Frontline fascinating. "I'm not a Republican anymore. I want to tell the truth." He ends up crying.

Luntz references the moment where Trump won the Republican nomination. According to Luntz's reasearch, it was when he made the comment about John McCain not being a war hero and that he preferred people who weren't captured. The majority of voters that he was running a focus group with were nodding in approval to that line. Luntz was floored at that change, which he describes in detail. Luntz also believes 2018 was the end of the Republican Party and that Nancy Pelosi has dominated him when Trump thought he could just steamroll her and bring her to heel.

I love long form interviews where there are no screaming lunatics from the right and the left segment after segment after segment...a'la all cable news networks.

So basically he opens with a self serving story-Starting in 2016 I decided to be independent. Also during that time I had a secret meeting with Senate Republican leadership and warned them about Trump's impending election and told them they needed to do something.

LOL. What a lying sack of shit. There's 6 minutes of my life I'll never get back. Dude has had little, if any, integrity at any point. Regardless of any claimed affiliations, he's got an agenda that is Frank first. He sees which way the wind is blowing and needs to recast his image as a somebody he isn't.

Reactions: DANC
Luntz is still very much a republican. Through and through.

He said point blank that he's not, but I agree with you that he feels the party has left him. He's clearly a right leaning guy.

The one phrase that I thought was interesting...and he's so careful about his words...was "I'm no longer a Republican pollster. I want to tell the truth."

Reactions: hookyIU1990
He said point blank that he's not, but I agree with you that he feels the party has left him. He's clearly a right leaning guy.

The one phrase that I thought was interesting...and he's so careful about his words...was "I'm no longer a Republican pollster. I want to tell the truth."
Being truthful isn’t characterizing the second impeachment as revenge.

Reactions: DrHoops
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT