ADVERTISEMENT

Fox with fake news

Marvin the Martian

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2001
And there is no news more fake than this. I had a good buddy in high school who loved the writings of Stitchen, who predicted this alleged planet except inhabited by a superior race. This stupid planet has been predicted for decades, absolutely no evidence exists.

Yet somehow it keeps making news. Why can't the media ignore stupid conspiracy theories?

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
And there is no news more fake than this. I had a good buddy in high school who loved the writings of Stitchen, who predicted this alleged planet except inhabited by a superior race. This stupid planet has been predicted for decades, absolutely no evidence exists.

Yet somehow it keeps making news. Why can't the media ignore stupid conspiracy theories?
Science is cool now, so people want to hear bout it, and that means media want to report on it, but none of them are equipped to identify it. So if it sounds science-y, it gets reported as science. Then it gets read as science. Then it gets shared as science. And the world gets a little dumber.

There are three certainties in this world. Death happens, taxes must be paid, and Nirbiru is always about to pass by and f**k everything up.

I remember when the Heaven's Gate cult was passing out literature about the end of the world being foretold by Comet Kahoutec. That was around 1973. When Halle-Bopp came around they decided to hedge their bets by committing suicide.

Reactions: DrHoops
Science is cool now, so people want to hear bout it, and that means media want to report on it, but none of them are equipped to identify it. So if it sounds science-y, it gets reported as science. Then it gets read as science. Then it gets shared as science. And the world gets a little dumber.
What? Science has always been cool (well, ok, maybe not centuries ago). The coolness of science has not really changed over the past 50-100 years, and neither has the % of people who don’t trust science or believe in whacked conspiracy theories.

What? Science has always been cool (well, ok, maybe not centuries ago). The coolness of science has not really changed over the past 50-100 years, and neither has the % of people who don’t trust science or believe in whacked conspiracy theories.
I think science has become more "cool" among the masses with the spread of nerd culture. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how it seems to me.

Fox News is spending today talking about moon landing conspiracies.

Wild conspiracy theory claims that Apollo moon landing was 'faked,' touts new 'photo' evidence
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017...onspiracy-theorists-claim-with-new-photo.html

1511202066844.jpg

''He added that it appears to be "a figure of a human not wearing a spacesuit, circa early 70s... Apollo 17 photograph."

Streetcap1 goes on to say that he believes the object in the astronaut's helmet looks like a man with long hair.

"You can see some sort of, it looks like a man, back in the early 70s, long hair, wearing some sort of waistcoat-type thing... and a shadow of that figure presumably."

Yah... looks like Eminem with a hoodie to me.

Wild conspiracy theory claims that Apollo moon landing was 'faked,' touts new 'photo' evidence
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2017...onspiracy-theorists-claim-with-new-photo.html

1511202066844.jpg

''He added that it appears to be "a figure of a human not wearing a spacesuit, circa early 70s... Apollo 17 photograph."

Streetcap1 goes on to say that he believes the object in the astronaut's helmet looks like a man with long hair.

"You can see some sort of, it looks like a man, back in the early 70s, long hair, wearing some sort of waistcoat-type thing... and a shadow of that figure presumably."

We here at Fox News won’t waste your time with this Russia story. It’s another wild conspiracy theory and we have better things to do than cover conspiracies. Now, back to the moon landing conspiracy.

1511202066844.jpg

Yah... looks like Eminem with a hoodie to
me.

Phil covered this one yesterday. Do people really believe this stuff, or is it just a form of trolling?

We here at Fox News won’t waste your time with this Russia story. It’s another wild conspiracy theory and we have better things to do than cover conspiracies. Now, back to the moon landing conspiracy.

moon_dog_500px.jpg

Laika and an unnamed American 'astronaut' --- proof that the Russian/American were already in cahoots even back then.

So unfair on Donald.

Its part of Fox News' contribution to delegitimising MSM and the previous American governments -- and helping Trump?

Fox News has been delegitimizing the media since ‘96. Their viewers are too brainwashed to see they’ve been watching fake news for 21 years.

1511202066844.jpg

Nah, that’s Brian Williams. He reported about his trip to the moon years ago.

That's a big loss, not only for Murdoch, but for historic LA. Also, for people who like good wine. Never rejoice in seeing a good vineyard go up in flames.

My nephew's in-laws had to move out of their napa vineyard/ home in the big fire lat month. No wine stock were damaged but Ol Dave has thousands of bottles of tequila which I suspect is a whole lot flammable! !

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT