ADVERTISEMENT

Forced to Root for MI

In bowl situations I typically pull for BIG teams with the exceptions of OSU, Penn St and PU when they make it.

I swear Harbaugh is the most overrated coach on the planet.

This garbage about his being some sort of quarterback whisperer is such nonsense...

If he's "whispering" anything to them it's the wrong stuff!

Peters was better in high school than he is now and that's the truth! The kid has clearly regressed!

This garbage about his being some sort of quarterback whisperer is such nonsense...

Peters was better in high school than he is now and that's the truth! The kid has clearly regressed!
BP could have gone 8-5 at IU.

I think Hairball is now down to 1 year at UM. Another 8-4 season and he's either forced out or feels the heat and takes off, imo.

Peters is horrible. The NCAA may have Hairball's fate in their hands with their decision as to whether the Patterson kid can play next year.

He actually could have had a shot at developing at IU.

Harbaugh and staff go through highly rated quarterbacks like a guy with a head cold goes thru Kleenex...!

That was probably his last chance to play QB at Michigan for awhile. Neither the coaches nor the team nor the fans will trust him. Realistically, it might be a good time to transfer.

Reactions: 76-1
This may be the reason he takes off to the Colts..... Does Michigan look like they are gonna be better next year? I see more of the same....

Reactions: Hoosiers Rising

His weirdness hasn't served him well so far at UM. I would bet a decent % of the fan base is very tired of him at this point.

I wonder what has happened with him. Imploded his last year as SF, and now 3 wasted years at UM......with the best DC in college. He sure looked good at Stanford and early on at SF.

His weirdness hasn't served him well so far at UM. I would bet a decent % of the fan base is very tired of him at this point.

I wonder what has happened with him. Imploded his last year as SF, and now 3 wasted years at UM......with the best DC in college. He sure looked good at Stanford and early on at SF.
He did look good at Stanford.... but the PAC-12 is not the Big -10 East.... I’d love an 8-5 season but we aren’t Michigan. I think the losses to Mich St have hurt him the most

Other than playing the same position, he's not like Dobbs in any way. And Tim Drevno and Pep Hamilton are considered top notch offensive coaches. Why do you think IU would've developed him better, especially since the problems UM has (an inconsistent running game) are far more pronounced at IU?

These names ring any bells: Tom Brady, Chad Henne, Drew Henson, Brian Griese?

Go back to the pu board. We all know who you are.

Maybe Michigan should let Beilein coach their football team too. I think the basketball team has fewer second half turnovers than their football team had today. What a fiasco - they just found new ways to give that game away. Oh well - I hate Michigan, so I'm not that sad they lost.

It's hard to say he's over-rated when he elevated Stanford to top 10 status and went to 3 NFC championship games & 1 Super Bowl.

I do think he's the strangest successful coach I've ever seen. I hadn't seen or heard as much from him before he came to Michigan so I didn't realize how truly weird he is. I've seen him in more than a few press conferences now, and he is never coherent. He has trouble putting two good sentences together. If you didn't know who he was or his history, you'd swear he wasn't all there. I think in the past he's gotten a pass because people just assumed he was ****ing with everybody and just didn't want to be bothered. Now I'm not so sure. He may really have some mental issues.....perhaps too many hard hits?

He must act & sound differently when he's on the recruiting trail.....otherwise, its hard to see how he could be a solid recuiter.

I do think he's between a rock and a hard place now. Next year they play ND, MSU, & OSU on the road. They also play Wisky at home. That sounds like 4 losses with their present QB, 2-4 if the Ole Miss QB is allowed to play. Throw in another random loss along the way, and the natives will be extremely restless. I definitely can see him bolting after next year, because I strongly suspect he's thin-skinned, like his bro in law TC.

It's hard to say he's over-rated when he elevated Stanford to top 10 status and went to 3 NFC championship games & 1 Super Bowl.

I do think he's the strangest successful coach I've ever seen. I hadn't seen or heard as much from him before he came to Michigan so I didn't realize how truly weird he is. I've seen him in more than a few press conferences now, and he is never coherent. He has trouble putting two good sentences together. If you didn't know who he was or his history, you'd swear he wasn't all there. I think in the past he's gotten a pass because people just assumed he was ****ing with everybody and just didn't want to be bothered. Now I'm not so sure. He may really have some mental issues.....perhaps too many hard hits?

He must act & sound differently when he's on the recruiting trail.....otherwise, its hard to see how he could be a solid recuiter.

I do think he's between a rock and a hard place now. Next year they play ND, MSU, & OSU on the road. They also play Wisky at home. That sounds like 4 losses with their present QB, 2-4 if the Ole Miss QB is allowed to play. Throw in another random loss along the way, and the natives will be extremely restless. I definitely can see him bolting after next year, because I strongly suspect he's thin-skinned, like his bro in law TC.

As a QB developer he's proven himself overrated in his most recent stint at MI.

The guy has run thru something like 6 or 7 highly rated QBs since he's arrived in Ann Arbor for his 2nd coming... The only QB who panned out for him was a transfer from IA.

From what I saw yesterday he's taken one of the best QBs to ever play Indiana high school football and turned him into a U of Indy project.

Color me unimpressed with Jimmy.

With the kind of talent and support, not to mention the amount of money he and his staff get, they ought to be winning 11 in the off years...

Last edited:
Think about this for a moment..,.What if Harbaugh was here at IU. Everyone would have thought it to be a home run hire. Does anyone really think he could do better than where we are?

The reason I ask is because everyone is so harsh on Glass. I have no idea who would have ended up here if we did a search. I do know that Allen would have gone somewhere else and been successful as a D coordinator, been hired in a couple years as a head coach and everyone would complain as to why we didn't offer him the job while he was here. The jury is still out on CTA...Its a roll of the dice for Glass trying to catch lightning in a bottle as it is with everyone hiring a coordinator.

Look at Butch Jones and Jim McElwain and then look at Malzahn...Its a crap shoot. How bout Fleck what if we would have hired him???

Point is and this is jmo i'm willing to ride this one out with Allen. He seems to be recruiting well, and making changes where needed. I don't know if anyone else could have done any better. jus sayin

Think about this for a moment..,.What if Harbaugh was here at IU. Everyone would have thought it to be a home run hire. Does anyone really think he could do better than where we are?

The reason I ask is because everyone is so harsh on Glass. I have no idea who would have ended up here if we did a search. I do know that Allen would have gone somewhere else and been successful as a D coordinator, been hired in a couple years as a head coach and everyone would complain as to why we didn't offer him the job while he was here. The jury is still out on CTA...Its a roll of the dice for Glass trying to catch lightning in a bottle as it is with everyone hiring a coordinator.

Look at Butch Jones and Jim McElwain and then look at Malzahn...Its a crap shoot. How bout Fleck what if we would have hired him???

Point is and this is jmo i'm willing to ride this one out with Allen. He seems to be recruiting well, and making changes where needed. I don't know if anyone else could have done any better. jus sayin

That is no attitude to have if you are going to earn your junior AD license that several here have done.

They play PSU & Wisconsin at home & ND, OSU, MSU, and Northwestern on the road. That sure sounds like 4-5 losses.

As a QB developer he's proven himself overrated in his most recent stint at MI.

The guy has run thru something like 6 or 7 highly rated QBs since he's arrived in Ann Arbor for his 2nd coming... The only QB who panned out for him was a transfer from IA.

From what I saw yesterday he's taken one of the best QBs to ever play Indiana high school football and turned him into a U of Indy project.

Color me unimpressed with Jimmy.

With the kind of talent and support, not to mention the amount of money he and his staff get, they ought to be winning 11 in the off years...

lol.....I never saw Peters play is HS, but mentally he sure looked like a basket case by the end of the game....and at no point in the game did did he appear to be confident......he basically looked like Richard Lagow or Tanner Lee.....As an aside, one thing Peters said after the game would have pissed me off were I a UM fan. About an hour after the game he said "I'm already over it" when asked about the loss.......now this was said in the context of 'moving forward, learning from this' blah blah blah, but it struck me as an unfortunate remark.

One thing I really admire about Wisconsin is how they develop their players. They don't have any talent to waste, and they know it. There's something very wasteful about how UM & OSU give up on players and go get new ones rather than developing those they have. I think a guy like Saban does both--gets the great players, and develops them, for the most part.

Last edited:

I agree. All of this "national coaching search" business still comes down to a gut feel about how a particular person is going to do in a given environment. You also have to factor is how long someone is likely to stay if they begin to be successful. The hire made complete sense at the time. That's not to say that Glass didn't screw up by hiring Wilson in the first place, and by extending and then firing him.

So you know Allen would’ve been hired somewhere else as a DC, been successful, then been hired as a HC and been successful at that too? You know all of this? For certain? Yet your entire post is about the uncertainty of hiring coaches? And no one sees the irony here?

So you know Allen would’ve been hired somewhere else as a DC, been successful, then been hired as a HC and been successful at that too? You know all of this? For certain? Yet your entire post is about the uncertainty of hiring coaches? And no one sees the irony here?
I never said he would be successful as a head coach...but I did say he would be hired after becoming a successful d cord somewhere else. Everyone else obviously understands where I'm going here and either you don't get it or just want to argue something that I never said...Gee that never happens on this board

I never said he would be successful as a head coach...but I did say he would be hired after becoming a successful d cord somewhere else. Everyone else obviously understands where I'm going here and either you don't get it or just want to argue something that I never said...Gee that never happens on this board
What Purdue did with Brohm pretty much put to bed the crazy notion that we couldn’t do more with a search. What more do you want?

What Purdue did with Brohm pretty much put to bed the crazy notion that we couldn’t do more with a search. What more do you want?
Minnesota had a search also, how did that work out ? Sorry , but basing analysis of coaching changes on one season of results is just dumb.

Reactions: ESalum86 and 76-1
Minnesota had a search also, how did that work out ? Sorry , but basing analysis of coaching changes on one season of results is just dumb.
ALSO...Purdue did a search with Hazell, Colorado did a search with Dan Hawkins, its all a crap shoot. AND Brohm still has alot to prove.

Reactions: JohnsyRick
Give Brohm's PU team Indiana's schedule this year and he ends up with 5 wins at best. And instead of entering the Bucket game relatively healthy, he enters it beat to hell and likely loses that one.

Make no mistake, PU had more experience (and thus better developed talent) on both the O-line and D-line, where games are really decided. He had a superior QB to IU's, and a better back in Jones than anybody IU could put out there.

Give Brohm, IU's roster and schedule, he does no better than Tom Allen this year. I'm not taking anything away from Brohm, I think he did a great job and he's a quality coach. My point is that Tom Allen inherited a shit sandwich with the schedule, an inexperienced and not very good O-line, and a QB who had major deficiencies. Throw in the spate of season-ending injuries to key players and I think the coaching staff did about as well as could be expected.

PU's success this year says a hell of a lot more about how bad Darrell Hazell was and how much easier the B1G west is than how good Jeff Brohm might be (though he certainly did better than anyone expected).
IU's struggles said a hell of a lot more about Kevin Wilson's recruiting deficiencies and failure to develop offensive linemen, and the brutality of the schedule than Tom Allen's ability as a head coach.

From the day he was hired you have held the narrative that Tom Allen was a bad choice and everything you post on this board is meant to further your narrative, facts be damned. You maintain a juvenile perspective that the right coach can win under any and all detrimental circumstances with any level of talent. You certainly have never coached anything or you would know better. Your constant railing is not only tiresome, it's moronic.

If Tom Allen can't move this program forward in the next two years, feel free to come on here and call me out and I will admit how wrong I was. But until he has had a reasonable opportunity to actually have success with players he has recruited and developed, please shut the hell up.

But bashing the amateurish "process" that included no search or even consideration of other candidates is certainly fair game. No competent AD would be as negligent as Glass was.

Reactions: Aye U Hooz Yours
ALSO...Purdue did a search with Hazell, Colorado did a search with Dan Hawkins, its all a crap shoot. AND Brohm still has alot to prove.
It's not a crap shoot if the process is led by a competent AD. Success leaves clues and cutting corners is rarely the path to success.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Give Brohm's PU team Indiana's schedule this year and he ends up with 5 wins at best. And instead of entering the Bucket game relatively healthy, he enters it beat to hell and likely loses that one.

Make no mistake, PU had more experience (and thus better developed talent) on both the O-line and D-line, where games are really decided. He had a superior QB to IU's, and a better back in Jones than anybody IU could put out there.

Give Brohm, IU's roster and schedule, he does no better than Tom Allen this year. I'm not taking anything away from Brohm, I think he did a great job and he's a quality coach. My point is that Tom Allen inherited a shit sandwich with the schedule, an inexperienced and not very good O-line, and a QB who had major deficiencies. Throw in the spate of season-ending injuries to key players and I think the coaching staff did about as well as could be expected.

PU's success this year says a hell of a lot more about how bad Darrell Hazell was and how much easier the B1G west is than how good Jeff Brohm might be (though he certainly did better than anyone expected).
IU's struggles said a hell of a lot more about Kevin Wilson's recruiting deficiencies and failure to develop offensive linemen, and the brutality of the schedule than Tom Allen's ability as a head coach.

From the day he was hired you have held the narrative that Tom Allen was a bad choice and everything you post on this board is meant to further your narrative, facts be damned. You maintain a juvenile perspective that the right coach can win under any and all detrimental circumstances with any level of talent. You certainly have never coached anything or you would know better. Your constant railing is not only tiresome, it's moronic.

If Tom Allen can't move this program forward in the next two years, feel free to come on here and call me out and I will admit how wrong I was. But until he has had a reasonable opportunity to actually have success with players he has recruited and developed, please shut the hell up.
Wow, those are some strong crimson glasses you’re wearing.

It's not a crap shoot if the process is led by a competent AD. Success leaves clues and cutting corners is rarely the path to success.
Got It!!! Thanks for clearing that up! Who the f*ck would you have hired? Who would you have interviewed? wtf do you want? Gruden, Belichek, Billy Donavon, Urban Meyer, Saban????? You backing up that truck? Quit being a f*cking idiot.

Sorry we didn't have 7 interviews for a new football coach. If it doesn't work fine. We can move on then but until then...

Maybe we didn't have to look further than our own backyard with a guy who bleeds Indiana Football! Name one coach who could have gotten us further this year? Give the current coach a chance. Holy crap its been one year. wtf is wrong with you!

Reactions: IU Carmel
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT