ADVERTISEMENT

For Whom the Bell Tolls

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
David Bell and what about 13-14 others will be on campus this weekend for a big pre-early signing day weekend visit. The home game vs. Louisville will be rocking in Assembly Hall, and maybe David Bell, who remember hit the shot over Romeo in last year's state final, will feel the tingle of IU BB and to many of us, see the potential of catching balls for four years from Penix, as appealing.

I know he has stated he won't early announce, but he's doing it at All American game. But I believe IU is getting somewhat of a "last look" in terms of visits. Granted, he's seen sold out Penn St & OSU games in FB and knows IU is not yet where they want to be.

But if you like idea of playing with Penix, Scott/James, and having a chance to turn IU into a bigger force while remaining close to your family, IU would be a real option he hopefully does consider.

Purdue and "Brohm mania" may have a shot too. But with Blough leaving, not sure he won't be factoring in who the QB is more too.

Wish him well. He's put himself in the position of having many great options. But sometimes, the chance to play for your home state school, and beat the big boys, can be appealing. TBD

Would be great to land him! Anyone know if he's leaning in a particular direction? I heard that Penn State knows they're out of the running and backed off a few weeks ago but I haven't heard anything else.

I would love to see IU close on him, it would certainly be huge perception wise. WR is a position that IU is typically solid at from top to bottom. If we don't get him, it's not the end of the world.

I was looking at this class last night, and I tell ya, it's a solid, solid class. Tom Allen could really recruit well if we make a bowl game.

Sadly, I see Bell going to Purdue more than likely. Now it's good news to know that we're getting a last look this weekend. I would be ECSTATIC if we are able to land him. Imagine getting him and maybe one of the 4* Williams! That would be a huge stamp on recruiting. CTA has proven he can recruit solid players. Now, it's time to see if he can transform his first real class (Freshmen) and this years class into some solid players. I'm liking what Im seeing so far. Lets get Bell here! Go Hoosiers

Would be great to land him! Anyone know if he's leaning in a particular direction? I heard that Penn State knows they're out of the running and backed off a few weeks ago but I haven't heard anything else.
He’s a lock for Purdue, trust me. It was down to PSU and them til about 3 weeks ago. This is a courtesy visit. However, doesn’t look like Purdue has room for Cam Williams and they don’t want to take the risk of him not qualifying this year. Purdue has room for one more player only (Bell). However, IU has a schollie to “burn” as they probably won’t use them all this year, so they can roll the dice on Williams. Look for Williams to IU, Bell to Purdue.

He’s a lock for Purdue, trust me. It was down to PSU and them til about 3 weeks ago. This is a courtesy visit. However, doesn’t look like Purdue has room for Cam Williams and they don’t want to take the risk of him not qualifying this year. Purdue has room for one more player only (Bell). However, IU has a schollie to “burn” as they probably won’t use them all this year, so they can roll the dice on Williams. Look for Williams to IU, Bell to Purdue.

If a miracle happens and IU gets him, you will promise to come back and say your lock got picked? I admit could be PU, but until ink is signed, I don’t think anything is a “lock” with HS players or unless it’s a kid going to a top 3 powerhouse type of school. TBD

If a miracle happens and IU gets him, you will promise to come back and say your lock got picked? I admit could be PU, but until ink is signed, I don’t think anything is a “lock” with HS players or unless it’s a kid going to a top 3 powerhouse type of school. TBD
Of course. But Bell is salivating at playing in Brohm’s aerial game. IU under CTA doesn’t have that offensive marquee value yet.

I would put my money on PU. I see Warren Central has a basketball game tonight so bell won't be to campus until late tonight so he won't be able to spend as much time as the other recruits. The only way I see him picking IU is if he and Archie got together and that he could play basketball as well.

I would put my money on PU. I see Warren Central has a basketball game tonight so bell won't be to campus until late tonight so he won't be able to spend as much time as the other recruits. The only way I see him picking IU is if he and Archie got together and that he could play basketball as well.
I don't think Bell has played in any bb games yet. Remember he had that ankle injury.

Supposedly that's the deal. Football & basketball...

Reactions: Sassy61
Bell had an interview with Dakich today and said he was strictly football

Read an article almost a year ago that said our pitch to him was both...

He's smart to focus on one or the other though...

I'd be surprised if we get him but it's not over till he signs somewhere... Might as well be here...

Reactions: Sassy61 and td75
why trust you?

i'd take that in a heartbeat. give me the lb over the wr any day.

I want Bell as much as anyone as I saw him play twice this year, both at North Central, and in both games, think he touched the ball 8-10 times total, and scored TDS 4-5 times.

Whoever gets him is getting a great kid who is very talented. My assessment won’t change regardless of where he chooses.

But I think Penix factor is appealing. I thin Sampson James coming (& Stevie Scott a Soph) is appealing. And last year’s class and this year’s class developing is exciting to envision for him.

PU has arguments to make, and I think it’ll be one of those two, but he did give IU a last look and won’t be shocked if IU shocks the recruiting world with this one.

But picking up other talented kids even without Bell will still make for a program on the rise. But would love to see Bell Hop to Bloomington! TBD

Reactions: Sassy61
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT