ADVERTISEMENT

For those who have temporarily stopped looking at basketball page

Steve Bouchie passed away after suffering a heart attack. A former Mr. Indiana, he was a solid role player on some excellent Indiana teams in the early 1980s. :(

That's awful news. I remember Steve playing over one of my favorites as a kid...Uwe and getting pissed at it. Lol

Player deaths obviously hit a person harder when we can vividly remember their playing days.

Just awful news.

I may the wrong player in mind but i recall Steve talking about being recruited by Bob Knight and going fishing. He had to pay for half of the gas in the 4 HP motor.

Blessings to the family and friends.

Someone also posted that Steve’s mother died in a car accident while driving to one of his IU games and he had a son who had drug problems and died from an OD. Very unfortunate times he had to endure.

Someone also posted that Steve’s mother died in a car accident while driving to one of his IU games and he had a son who had drug problems and died from an OD. Very unfortunate times he had to endure.
I believe his mother died in a car accident before the high school tournament his senior year.

It seems like we’ve had an awful lot of IU players die young. Neil Reed, Daryl Thomas, Eric Anderson, Jason Collier, . Sure I’m missing more.

ADVERTISEMENT