ADVERTISEMENT

For those that may wonder how Tracy Smith is doing out in Arizona...

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
His ASU team is currently 11-6 overall and 1-1 in the PAC 12. One big difference for him is that they have played all of their games up to this point at home. Obviously, at IU he had to spend the first part of the season on the road in milder climates.

They have played a monster schedule as well..

They have already played Oklahoma state, TCU, long beach state and Oregon state.

I was out in Arizona last week and got to see them play twice over the weekend. They have some talent for sure, especially on the mound. As always, it will take him a few years to get his players into the program.

As an aside, their facilities are ridiculous. The locker rooms are underground and also include a media room, weight room, kitchen, various study rooms and about anything else you can think of. Not to mention the perfect weather.

I can only imagine a recruiting visit to ASU is quite the experience.

I am very excited by what the Hoosiers are doing under Lemonis. Very impressive considering the talent that was lost. Here's to hoping for continued success...
Posted from Rivals Mobile

The programs out west do play some really tough schedules, which..

if we can sweep CSF, will be really big for us. College baseball will never have a level field when it comes to the warm weather schools vs the cold weather schools, but where we are at compared to where we once were, is pretty impressive, and Coach Smith played a huge part in that.

Re: The programs out west do play some really tough schedules, which..

Those facilities at ASU sounds like a pro team. How do our new facilities compare to what they have at ASU. Or versus the rest of the country? Just curious.

Are they better than Louisville? Thats the only other college park ive been too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT