ADVERTISEMENT

For those that follow TV scheduling of CFB....

dillonpgp

Freshman
Feb 21, 2006
FOX announced to advertisers that its “best” game of the week will air in the Noon (ET) time slot so as to try and distinguish this location/network from the 3:30 SEC game on CBS and the ABC prime time game.

Obviously this excludes games being played in the Mountain and Pacific time zones.

The ripple effect (cross scheduling B10 games to other networks) will be interesting to watch.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/s...ge-football-game-will-air-at-noon-every-week/

Reactions: 76-1 and vesuvius13
Look for the first three weeks of TV broadcasts to be unveiled any day now for the Big Ten.

ABC has released the prime time matchups at 7:30(ET) for Aug 31 (Oregon/Auburn), Sept 7 (LSU@Texas), and Sept 14 (Clemson @ Syracuse)

Fox revealed it had rights to the following Big Ten games. Ohio State @ Michigan, Ohio State @ Wisconsin (Noon game since 10/26 coincides with a Fox telecast of the World Series) and Michigan @ Wisconsin.

Look for the first three weeks of TV broadcasts to be unveiled any day now for the Big Ten.

ABC has released the prime time matchups at 7:30(ET) for Aug 31 (Oregon/Auburn), Sept 7 (LSU@Texas), and Sept 14 (Clemson @ Syracuse)

Fox revealed it had rights to the following Big Ten games. Ohio State @ Michigan, Ohio State @ Wisconsin (Noon game since 10/26 coincides with a Fox telecast of the World Series) and Michigan @ Wisconsin.

Thanks!

Reactions: vesuvius13

Don't forget now the just announced today National TV Fox Noon game on Sept 14: OSU at Indiana!

Almost every game time announced stunk. Noon homecoming, noon in Indy, and noon for OSU. What a bunch of crap.
The noon slot on FOX is the game of the week. I've never seen another fan base piss and moan as much as this one. People whined about being in the spotlight against OSU two years ago as well because it was too late.

The noon slot on FOX is the game of the week. I've never seen another fan base piss and moan as much as this one. People whined about being in the spotlight against OSU two years ago as well because it was too late.
You realize that we get six home games, right? You understand that MOST people drive from AT LEAST Indianapolis to attend the games, right? You understand that the drive takes 1.5 hours minimum? You understand that people like to have fun BEFORE the games, right? You understand this is not an Indiana thing, but a culture of college football thing, right? Please don't tell me that Iowa and Wisconsin games start at 11 am and they manage...because they complain about it, too.

I love playing on national TV, but, as someone who goes to every game and sits through ridiculous commercial breaks and kickoffs that are sometimes announced the same week as the game, I would MUCH rather play the game on the WB network at 3:30 pm.

Almost every game time announced stunk. Noon homecoming, noon in Indy, and noon for OSU. What a bunch of crap.

i don't care squat what Fox thinks helps them the most, due to not having to compete with the 3:30 and prime time CBS and ABC/ESPN games.

i care what makes for the best game day experience in Btown, and noon games totally suck.

no prime time games while the weather is still nice, is a huge letdown.

You realize that we get six home games, right? You understand that MOST people drive from AT LEAST Indianapolis to attend the games, right? You understand that the drive takes 1.5 hours minimum? You understand that people like to have fun BEFORE the games, right? You understand this is not an Indiana thing, but a culture of college football thing, right? Please don't tell me that Iowa and Wisconsin games start at 11 am and they manage...because they complain about it, too.

I love playing on national TV, but, as someone who goes to every game and sits through ridiculous commercial breaks and kickoffs that are sometimes announced the same week as the game, I would MUCH rather play the game on the WB network at 3:30 pm.
All good points and don’t forget the reason we are getting these so called prime time slots is because of our opponents,not us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT