ADVERTISEMENT

For those of you who doubted my walking speed several months ago, I

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
confirmed it this morning when I went for a 90-minute walk. It was on our people trail and I went from the mile 3 spot to the mile 2 spot in about 13 minutes. At that pace, I did almost seven miles in 90 minutes.

confirmed it this morning when I went for a 90-minute walk. It was on our people trail and I went from the mile 3 spot to the mile 2 spot in about 13 minutes. At that pace, I did almost seven miles in 90 minutes.

So over 90 minutes your pace stayed exactly the same? No drop off at all? Did you give your watch a death stare or something?

So over 90 minutes your pace stayed exactly the same? No drop off at all? Did you give your watch a death stare or something?

I also was walking against strong winds while I was timing that mile. When I used to be a distance runner, I wasn't fast, but had good endurance. Of course, I'll be 65 in about five weeks.

Reactions: kkott
So to do that you are walking at 4.5 mph for 90 straight minutes. IDK....that seems like a stretch to me.

For the record, Jerry, I never doubted you. I didn't think about whether you achieve that . . . which means I didn't doubt you. ;)

My best to your bride . . . and to Willem . . . and Phillips and Pave and the Mayor . . . .

Yah, but this was on the people trail. Try it on the non-people trail and then get back to me. All kidding aside, I've never seen something referred to as a people trail.

Nope.

I'm calling bullsht.

Your "about" 13 minutes is telling. I might believe 17 minutes; 13? No.

Carry on.

The Continuing Adventures of McNuttz76:

"I decided I needed to walk along my 'people trail' for some exercise. I call it the 'people trail' because I have buried several victims along this trail for years. Some of these victims made the mistake of doubting my walking prowess. Now, I walk over their bodies. Rest in pieces, f*ckers. Anywho, it is not a stretch to say my normal walking speed is faster than Usian Bolt's best sprint. One doesn't become Indiana's premier copier salesman / golf course critic / golf etiquette expert / death-starer / dentist-banging / serial killer by standing still. In 1980, I was the USA's top speed walker, but goddamn Carter boycotted the Olympics because the Russians or some shit. Of course, those bastards purposely took out my knee in a pickup basketball game, or I would have phucking dominated the LA games in 1984. I suspect a then very young Tiger Woods was behind the attack on my knee, as he knew I would be his main competition in the 1990s. But I digress. I walked to Gary and back (glared down some thugs while there, costing me a few seconds, damn punks) in 90 minutes. Pretty good for a soon to be 65 year old. "

I don't doubt your claims about your walking speed, I just doubt you in general.

I can still run a 100 yd dash in around 15 seconds. That's a 4:30 mile, even at my age. Pretty impressive huh?

For the record, Jerry, I never doubted you. I didn't think about whether you achieve that . . . which means I didn't doubt you. ;)

My best to your bride . . . and to Willem . . . and Phillips and Pave and the Mayor . . . .

Thank you very much, Steve! I see Willem about every weekend because we usually play golf together. I also see Phillips regularly because he now is a member of our club. Unfortunately, he hasn't tried to play with us yet because he still is rusty because he has not played much in the last couple of years. Pave still plays Otter Creek and I seldom see him except on Facebook. I hope your bride is doing well, Steve!

I guess I can walk faster than a golf cart because I teed off ahead of a twosome this morning and finished about five holes ahead of them. I was playing the back tees and I think they were playing the middle tees.

I also was walking against strong winds while I was timing that mile. When I used to be a distance runner, I wasn't fast, but had good endurance. Of course, I'll be 65 in about five weeks.
well, yes, of course...

well, yes, of course...

man-walks-into-the-strong-winds-on-the-beach-on-february-8-2014-in-picture-id467856501

Reactions: crossfire74
A 13 minute mile is 4.6 miles per hour. I walk and run a fair amount and I can do 4.6 on a treadmill for a mile, outside it would be slower. For me anything much over 4mph start to turn into a power waddle and it would be easier (and faster) to run.

The numbers don't come close to working; outdoors, 90 minutes, into the wind.
Nope.

My guess the 3 mile loop is 2.7 - 2.8. The markers aren't anymore accurate and neither was the time.

Actually, I use a push cart instead of a pull cart.

I carry my clubs, like a man. You old timers with your push carts crack me up. I wish I had a dollar for every time I saw one of you old duffers chasing your Bat-Caddy down a ravine.

Thank you very much, Steve! I see Willem about every weekend because we usually play golf together. I also see Phillips regularly because he now is a member of our club. Unfortunately, he hasn't tried to play with us yet because he still is rusty because he has not played much in the last couple of years. Pave still plays Otter Creek and I seldom see him except on Facebook. I hope your bride is doing well, Steve!

Let’s be honest - she’s married to Sope. How well could she REALLY be doing with such a cross to bear?

I carry my clubs, like a man. You old timers with your push carts crack me up. I wish I had a dollar for every time I saw one of you old duffers chasing your Bat-Caddy down a ravine.

Even though I'll be 65 in about a month, I probably still would be carrying my clubs if a stupid bicyclist hadn't caused me to hit my brakes really hard in 2012. As a result of him running a traffic light, I suffered a really serious back injury that summer. Until then, I had been carrying my golf bag with very little effort. There is an advantage to using a push cart: the straps and bag don't damage your clothing. I ruined a lot of shirts, pants and shorts when I carried my bag for about 35 years. It will be interesting to see whether you're still carrying your bag when you are my age. My guess is you'll be riding in a golf cart.

Reactions: cryano
Even though I'll be 65 in about a month, I probably still would be carrying my clubs if a stupid bicyclist hadn't caused me to hit my brakes really hard in 2012. As a result of him running a traffic light, I suffered a really serious back injury that summer. Until then, I had been carrying my golf bag with very little effort. There is an advantage to using a push cart: the straps and bag don't damage your clothing. I ruined a lot of shirts, pants and shorts when I carried my bag for about 35 years. It will be interesting to see whether you're still carrying your bag when you are my age. My guess is you'll be riding in a golf cart.
I'm 67.

I apologize because I figured you were in your 30s. Do you mind if I ask which par 3 or miniature golf course you play? lol

Reactions: C-$ and cryano
The Continuing Adventures of McNuttz76:

"I decided I needed to walk along my 'people trail' for some exercise. I call it the 'people trail' because I have buried several victims along this trail for years. Some of these victims made the mistake of doubting my walking prowess. Now, I walk over their bodies. Rest in pieces, f*ckers. Anywho, it is not a stretch to say my normal walking speed is faster than Usian Bolt's best sprint. One doesn't become Indiana's premier copier salesman / golf course critic / golf etiquette expert / death-starer / dentist-banging / serial killer by standing still. In 1980, I was the USA's top speed walker, but goddamn Carter boycotted the Olympics because the Russians or some shit. Of course, those bastards purposely took out my knee in a pickup basketball game, or I would have phucking dominated the LA games in 1984. I suspect a then very young Tiger Woods was behind the attack on my knee, as he knew I would be his main competition in the 1990s. But I digress. I walked to Gary and back (glared down some thugs while there, costing me a few seconds, damn punks) in 90 minutes. Pretty good for a soon to be 65 year old. "
*dentist-banger

But otherwise solid.

Wait, you've been using a push cart this whole time you've been bragging about being a walker? I feel betrayed.

We suck. If this thread is still garnering posts, we've failed. This should have been a "thing" for half a day. Someone either post tits, or put a bullet in this board.

And no, I can't, I'm on my way to a meeting. So, yes, I'm part of the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT