ADVERTISEMENT

Football Scoop Update

Tegray1

Senior
Sep 18, 2015
Matt Canada: Sources tell FootballScoop the former Maryland interim head coach is under consideration for the Indiana offensive coordinator job, but could also work his way into a Northern Illinois head coaching search if Rod Carey leaves for Temple and is also weighing his NFL options.

This sounds like we could be a little ways out before a hire if we are waiting on him for a decision. That is a big "if" I know.

TomT

Matt Canada: Sources tell FootballScoop the former Maryland interim head coach is under consideration for the Indiana offensive coordinator job, but could also work his way into a Northern Illinois head coaching search if Rod Carey leaves for Temple and is also weighing his NFL options.

USC has an opening now too.

Rod Carey is trying to further his resume. I expect Allen to succeed but if he doesn't, Carey could be in play eventually.

This sounds like we could be a little ways out before a hire if we are waiting on him for a decision. That is a big "if" I know.

TomT

Temple will want to make a move pretty soon to salvage any sort of recruiting. I think it will be known whether or not Carey is staying in the next day or 2.

Plus, college coordinators rarely if ever move to the NFL as a coordinators unless they had previous experience as an NFL assistant (which Canada does not have). If Canada has NFL options, its at best as a QB coach, but potentially only just a quality control type position..

My guess is that Canada is waiting on the Carey/NIU, and if Carey stays, Canada will be IU's OC. I think the "NFL options" are more of a backup if things fall through with IU

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT