ADVERTISEMENT

Fools Gold

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
Maybe 1 more win during regular season. It took Green a career game to win. At times Hoosiers looked terrible. Green may not make a shot in Ann Arbor. Archie and the boys will get thumped. I’ve seen this all before. Be prepared

Maybe 1 more win during regular season. It took Green a career game to win. At times Hoosiers looked terrible. Green may not make a shot in Ann Arbor. Archie and the boys will get thumped. I’ve seen this all before. Be prepared
Or maybe Green finishes strong. We saw the team play better down the stretch last year. I'm prepared for anything. The chances that the team has gotten their minds right are better today than it was Saturday.

Every game offers an opportunity for the team to show they have come together and they can play together. It may have started last night, or just a lucky night. Whatever it is, the team will surely feel more confident playing against a team that isn't that intimidating. Let's be happy about our last game and stop getting distressed about games that haven't happened. We have no control either way.

All that matters is if they win get with the program

Reactions: Radio Zero

I doubt anyone is all confident in this team but their young core is growing up. Good to see the team hasn't given up and quit like many of the internet posters.

Iu 67
Michigan 62

Bank it.

Reactions: mike41703
Sadly we’ve all seen this before. It’s laughable to think we’re going to win road games at this point. I’d say like 2-3 more home wins.
I agree. This team just can’t win on the road unless it’s inferior teams. We had our asses handed to us by Wisky and Maryland on the road. Michigan isn’t doing great but I bet we lose by 15+.

I'll never knock a kid for having a great game. All the credit in the world to Devonte Green for lighting it up last night. Having said that, it's a massive indictment on Archie's program that it requires monster outings from one player in order for the team to reach its potential. The best two games I've seen from this season's team are the wins over Florida State and Iowa, both of which were Green's best games. The team backslides in a significant way when "bad Green" shows up.

Could you please get your period and comma button fixed on your phone? Your perceived lack of intelligence is mind boggling.
I have two posters on ignore. One because he's a massive lying dick who gets himself banned and comes back under a different name and one that's an unintelligent IU hating troll that never posts anything worth reading. I'm sure you're talking to the second one.

Sadly we’ve all seen this before. It’s laughable to think we’re going to win road games at this point. I’d say like 2-3 more home wins.
We might win one road game but 3-4 is most likely or even 2-5. Going 9-11 will put us in our favorite position of haveing to win a game or two in the btt which we all know we stink in. Well if green can make 7 threes a game we could do better

I'll never knock a kid for having a great game. All the credit in the world to Devonte Green for lighting it up last night. Having said that, it's a massive indictment on Archie's program that it requires monster outings from one player in order for the team to reach its potential.
Green had a monster game, and Garza had a monster game 11 points greater.

The difference is in what happened with everyone else. The rest of our team overcame Garza's 11+ over Green, plus the margin of victory. That's 23 points we were better than Iowa, not counting Green and Garza. That may not mean much, and yes, it's only one game and at home and all that, but it's a positive, in a season where positives have been few and fleeting. I'll take it.

"Fools Gold" was the exact thing I said to my wife after Green hit the three where he almost stepped out of bounds. Her reply was how can you be mad? It went in!

I try to see the season as a trend as opposed to single game results. It's never as good as your best victory or as bad as your worst loss. I will say the trend was decidedly heading downhill. Last night's win was a good one, but to say we have righted the ship is premature. I think it's like the stock market. One should not get caught up in the day to day swings. Yesterday our stock went up, but I think it is still trending down.

Not making the tournament is now a trend.

Anyone catch Morris' reference to the Iowa Caucus results? That was a gem.

I wouldn't even call it fool's gold, more like fool's aluminum, aren't we SUPPOSED to win at home? Why should anyone be celebrating last night like a championship?

I did not. What was it?

1st half at 12:09. Talking about Green being Duluth Hardest working player. Paraphrasing but says early returns from the caucus are in with DG receiving 100% of the votes from the precincts and then says something about shooting from every precinct. He had some other ones but they were a few beers- I mean later in the game. Really enjoy when he does a game.

"Fools Gold" was the exact thing I said to my wife after Green hit the three where he almost stepped out of bounds. Her reply was how can you be mad? It went in!

I try to see the season as a trend as opposed to single game results. It's never as good as your best victory or as bad as your worst loss. I will say the trend was decidedly heading downhill. Last night's win was a good one, but to say we have righted the ship is premature. I think it's like the stock market. One should not get caught up in the day to day swings. Yesterday our stock went up, but I think it is still trending down.

Not making the tournament is now a trend.

Race healthy, team playing with confidence, defended the 3, aggressive on boards, got loose balls - trending up!

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
It says something by the two that “liked” your post. Buh bye

I hear you, but I would caution you about applying this standard too strictly, inasmuch as *I* like many of *your* posts.
I am equal opportunity. False statements in the OP. First, it wasn’t a “career game” by DG. And due to inconsistency of this team, nobody knows what will happen against UM. Just calling it like I see it. If you say something I disagree with, I’ll let you know as I suspect you will do the same.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT