ADVERTISEMENT

Florida's new anti-riot law

Bill4411

All-American
Jun 24, 2001

As of Monday in Florida, a gathering of three or more people can be labeled a “riot”—and if they’re blocking the road and you feel frightened, it’s generally OK to run them over with a car. Historic monuments, however—Confederate and otherwise—receive special protection under the law.

So Governor DeSantis if I am a Dolphin fan and the Buccaneers win another Super Bowl can I drive into them? Thanks in advance in anticipation for next years season.

As of Monday in Florida, a gathering of three or more people can be labeled a “riot”—and if they’re blocking the road and you feel frightened, it’s generally OK to run them over with a car. Historic monuments, however—Confederate and otherwise—receive special protection under the law.

So Governor DeSantis if I am a Dolphin fan and the Buccaneers win another Super Bowl can I drive into them? Thanks in advance in anticipation for next years season.
It’s not okay. Doesn’t absolve them from criminal liability. People blocking highways while others are trying to get to work desperately need to be run over without fear of any liability

I hope he runs for president

It’s not okay. Doesn’t absolve them from criminal liability. People blocking highways while others are trying to get to work desperately need to be run over without fear of any liability

I hope he runs for president
Yeah but this is the kind of red meat bullshit which will come back to bite him on the ass. It’s telling when smart people have to act a fool to remain in power.

DeSantis is able to beautifully blend red meat, culture wars pandering with effective policy.

He’ll need both for him to take the WH in today’s climate.

The Jeb Bush’s and John Kasich’s of the world are dead.

Does defining a "riot” as "a protest involving three or more people" seem sensible, constitutional, or otherwise in line with the precious ideals of our founding fathers?

It's already facing a Federal court challenge, as it should.

DeSantis is able to beautifully blend red meat, culture wars pandering with effective policy.

He’ll need both for him to take the WH in today’s climate.

The Jeb Bush’s and John Kasich’s of the world are dead.

Yep. The Democrats killed bi-partisanship and created the environment that elected Trump. But you won’t see one honest or smart enough to acknowledge it. Their actions don’t have consequences. Their viruses are different. They’d rather put Deplorables in ovens than share power in a bipartisan world. They have already elected people who would scrap the Constitution in a New York heartbeat. Anybody who disagrees with them is a dead Deplorable walking.

Yep. The Democrats killed bi-partisanship and created the environment that elected Trump. But you won’t see one honest or smart enough to acknowledge it. Their actions don’t have consequences. Their viruses are different. They’d rather put Deplorables in ovens than share power in a bipartisan world. They have already elected people who would scrap the Constitution in a New York heartbeat. Anybody who disagrees with them is a dead Deplorable walking.

The GOP turning into the party of no when obama got elected killed bipartisanship. Nice revisionist history there.

Sigh.

My pub friends, if you want to shake that racist/white supremacy party stigma you need to stop introducing racist/white supremist policy like this.

It's stuff like this that's is becoming your brand.

What and who does this policy play too? Scared, establishment, status quo whites that are terrified of BLM and civil rights protest.

I'd figure the freedom of speech and expression crowd would be worried about this but they must be so scared of BLM they don't realize how this policy could drastically change how people protest. If I understand it, if you're in a crowd and one dude does something dumb, the entire crowd is liable. Of course determined by the POV of who's in power.

Yeah there's nothing systemically wrong with that. Lol

It's so beyond constitutional that it will get smacked down faster than you can say DeSantis three times.

If he's your guy then great. He's proven he doesn't have the temperament, the intelligence and the personality to appeal to anyone other than a slice of his base.

Dumb policy like this just gives guys like me more fodder to use against him so thank you.

Sigh.

My pub friends, if you want to shake that racist/white supremacy party stigma you need to stop introducing racist/white supremist policy like this.

It's stuff like this that's is becoming your brand.

What and who does this policy play too? Scared, establishment, status quo whites that are terrified of BLM and civil rights protest.

I'd figure the freedom of speech and expression crowd would be worried about this but they must be so scared of BLM they don't realize how this policy could drastically change how people protest. If I understand it, if you're in a crowd and one dude does something dumb, the entire crowd is liable. Of course determined by the POV of who's in power.

Yeah there's nothing systemically wrong with that. Lol

It's so beyond constitutional that it will get smacked down faster than you can say DeSantis three times.

If he's your guy then great. He's proven he doesn't have the temperament, the intelligence and the personality to appeal to anyone other than a slice of his base.

Dumb policy like this just gives guys like me more fodder to use against him so thank you.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/17/politics/ron-desantis-covid-florida/index.html

I'll take this over the endless rioting in portland. the exodus from new york; the recall in calif; the mess that's illinois. yes give me desantis all day long for prez. It’s a shame there’s only one DeSantis and one Florida. It’s filling up and getting expensive. Folks are willing to drop heavy bucks to get out of calif and New York.

LOL

Reactions: cosmickid
Florida is booming. You understand that right? Is this really news to you? Do you need me to link 500 articles citing people moving from calif and new york to florida to get away from lockdowns and taxes and business regs?

There are still kids sitting at home in some states. Florida? Tournament after tournament. Kids actually living and being kids

Last edited:
The GOP turning into the party of no when obama got elected killed bipartisanship. Nice revisionist history there

How were Reagan, GHWB and W treated? Nice lack of history there.

The world didnt start with Obama. And Obama spent his political capital on ACA, even lying to unions to do it (remember how “card check” was going to “signed on the first day of (my) Administration?” I do. Had to give seminars on it. Told the unions they’d never see it. And they didn’t. And they didn’t keep ACA either. Non-partisan government fails. You either have consensus or nothing.)

• Haha
Reactions: 76-1 and IU_Hickory
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/17/politics/ron-desantis-covid-florida/index.html

I'll take this over the endless rioting in portland. the exodus from new york; the recall in calif; the mess that's illinois. yes give me desantis all day long for prez. It’s a shame there’s only one DeSantis and one Florida. It’s filling up and getting expensive. Folks are willing to drop heavy bucks to get out of calif and New York.

Yes people are moving out of major cities because property is crazy expensive while work is becoming more remote friendly.

The other thing going on is the pandemic so no one is moving into the city.

The three largest cities are LA, NY and Chicago.

California has been losing people for the last decade. This isn't a new thing that just happened two years ago. I believe it's more the changing work landscape then politics.

I mean California housing was expensive as hell under Arnold.

Back to DeSantis, I hope he's the nominee cuz I think he'll get crushed. There's a ton of things to use against him and Florida hasn't been this beacon state.

I think he's a frontrunner especially if this Gaetz stuff doesn't stick to him.

Yes people are moving out of major cities because property is crazy expensive while work is becoming more remote friendly.

California has been losing people for the last decade. This isn't a new thing that just happened two years ago. I believe it's more the changing work landscape then politics.

Back to DeSantis, I hope he's the nominee cuz I think he'll get crushed. There's a ton of things to use against him and Florida hasn't been this beacon state.

Yes AND taxes and business. Oracle. Tesla. To texas. VCs to Miami. There are only a thousand articles on it saying favorable business environs and no draconian pandemic measures.

Reactions: JamieDimonsBalls
How were Reagan, GHWB and W treated? Nice lack of history there.

The world didnt start with Obama. And Obama spent his political capital on ACA, even lying to unions to do it (remember how “card check” was going to “signed on the first day of (my) Administration?” I do. Had to give seminars on it. Told the unions they’d never see it. And they didn’t. And they didn’t keep ACA either. Non-partisan government fails. You either have consensus or nothing.)

No, world didn't start with obama but that was when the GOP ramped up the we won't do anything the dems want regardless of its merits. I'm sure the GOP were obstructionists before then but they definitely went to full on nutso. Guess they couldn't handle a black man in charge.

DeSantis crushed? By whom? DeSantis vs Harris? Name your price. I’ll bet any amount you want

Florida is booming. You understand that right? Is this really news to you? Do you need me to link 500 articles citing people moving from calif and new york to florida to get away from lockdowns and taxes and business regs?

There are still kids sitting at home in some states. Florida? Tournament after tournament. Kids actually living and being kids

He is a denier that lost his temper on national TV and then became state number 1 after his tirade.

We're not impressed that he doesn't take the virus seriously. It's why his nickname is Deathsantis.

He also bankrupted his unemployment coffers which meant he was able to offer the lowest in the country.

He and Rick Scott bragged about how they made applying so difficult that they the lowest rates in the country of unemployed workers getting unemployment help.

He's a real Abe Lincoln.

He wouldn't scare me as a candidate unless he won of course.

Sir your hyper partisanship is showing. You should Google Newt Gingrich sometime.

He is a denier that lost his temper on national TV and then became state number 1 after his tirade.

We're not impressed that he doesn't take the virus seriously. It's why his nickname is Deathsantis.

He also bankrupted his unemployment coffers which meant he was able to offer the lowest in the country.

He and Rick Scott bragged about how they made applying so difficult that they the lowest rates in the country of unemployed workers getting unemployment help.

He's a real Abe Lincoln.

except his policy came in middle of the road, better than new york and cuomo, and people actually continued with their lives. i'd say he was superstar during pandemic

• Sad
Reactions: IU? I'm Fine
DeSantis crushed? By whom? DeSantis vs Harris? Name your price. I’ll bet any amount you want

Harris concerns me but I still think she beats DeSantis.

Haley and Cotton are the two that concerns me the most as a challenger.

Haley can get the soccer moms back and she has a good temperament.

DeSantis's temper alone will crush him.

Harris concerns me but I still think she beats DeSantis.

Haley and Cotton are the two that concerns me the most as a challenger.

Haley can get the soccer moms back and she has a good temperament.

DeSantis's temper alone will crush him.
If harris and desantis run it's a standing offer. i love desantis but agree on temper and chance of doing something stupid just to piss people off one too many times backfiring.

I could care less if the protestors are black, white or any other skin color. Disturbing the public peace means you should get run over.

The bill seems quite over the top, but there are plenty of nonpartisan people that are sick of protests and disruptions. We're already dealing with enough of that shit given COVID.

He's a real Abe Lincoln.

Biden’s last polling numbers were 59% approval. No President since Ronald Reagan has had better approval numbers at this point in his presidency.

It will be a landslide if he keeps governing as he is. His policies are even popular with many republicans.

DeSantis is a sleaze ball and when his dirty laundry is exposed on a national level, he’ll be destroyed. (Sending vaccine to areas that support him while ignoring poor areas will be a big one).

Yes AND taxes and business. Oracle. Tesla. To texas. VCs to Miami. There are only a thousand articles on it saying favorable business environs and no draconian pandemic measures.

Tampa/Sarasota is blowing up. Orlando blowing up. Miami already blown up, but now on steroids. Fort Lauderdale/Boca blowing up. Naples blowing up. Hell, even Jacksonville, which is a total shithole, is blowing up.

AZ and TX are also just as hot - mostly because of California departures.

He's a real Abe Lincoln.

We didn't think this country was dumb enough to elect Trump in 2016. Any GOP candidate like DeSantis, Gaetz, MTG, Hawley would scare me because you never know anymore.

Last edited:
Tampa/Sarasota is blowing up. Orlando blowing up. Miami already blown up, but now on steroids. Fort Lauderdale/Boca blowing up. Naples blowing up. Hell, even Jacksonville, which is a total shithole, is blowing up.

AZ and TX are also just as hot - mostly because of California departures.
Absolutely. It's insane. We were moving down there later this year. like all things in my life i've timed this horribly. and yes jacksonville is completely awful lol

And yet, FL, despite having a FAR FAR more susceptible population, FL is #22 in cases per capita and #28 in deaths per capita resulting from COVID.

Liberal havens like NY, MA, CT, NJ, IL, MI, etc. all have higher deaths per capita than the Old Person Capital of America.

Oh, and that is in spite of FL remaining open far more than these other states.

Trying to pretend FL didn't win during this pandemic is just denial of the evidence.

If harris and desantis run it's a standing offer. i love desantis but agree on temper and chance of doing something stupid just to piss people off one too many times backfiring.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be Harris so, she's got three and a half years to change her image but right now the only dems I personally know that like her are some soccer moms.

Harris does nothing for me. Actually she kind of bugs me.

I'd still make the bet. DeSantis to me has a lot of Dakich in him trying to be Knight (Trump).

I don't think DeSantis has the charisma to be adored like Trump. Can DeSantis fire up the base like Trump did? I have my doubts.

Haley is the one the concerns me the most. Hopefully her little Trump slight damaged her to the base enough.

She reminds me of Margaret Thatcher but with a little more warmth.

No, world didn't start with obama but that was when the GOP ramped up the we won't do anything the dems want regardless of its merits. I'm sure the GOP were obstructionists before then but they definitely went to full on nutso. Guess they couldn't handle a black man in charge.
Yes. Even the Republicans who voted for Obama were racist. Still are. Water is racist too. So is light. In fact, all energy is racist. So are quarks and photons. Tires are racist. And horns. I had a racist umbrella and burned it with a racist flame.

You guys have it all figured out. racism is the answer to every question.

I could care less if the protestors are black, white or any other skin color. Disturbing the public peace means you should get run over.

The bill seems quite over the top, but there are plenty of nonpartisan people that are sick of protests and disruptions. We're already dealing with enough of that shit given COVID.

I believe you personally.

But when you think of public protesting what comes to mind?

Civil rights

I know you see the optics with this so you can't be surprised that the perception of systemic racism being proposed into law is an interesting message to put out there politically.

He will be painted as a white supremist.

Reactions: largemouth
I believe you personally.

But when you think of public protesting what comes to mind?

Civil rights

I know you see the optics with this so you can't be surprised that the perception of systemic racism being proposed into law is an interesting message to put out there politically.

He will be painted as a white supremist.

I see what you are saying, but to me, that's taking a big leap. I see the attempted connection, but to me Civil Rights are distinct from the 2020 and 2021 protests.

Reactions: TommyCracker
Oh crap, now he has no chance @mcmurtry66 . Anyone that gets compared to Dakich and his "big truck" personality is doomed for failure.
lmao i actually do agree with tommy tho. i love desantis but you can see he has a childish, spiteful streak in him. that's how i'd be if i were in office. orders where more than two people gathering together with a sign that isn't a sanctioned sporting event is a riot - just for the response

ADVERTISEMENT