ADVERTISEMENT

Florida scientist fired (she says) for 'refusing to manipulate' COVID-19 data

Georgia created a graph that looks like it is in date order which shows a downward trend. It was not in date order.

https://www.frontpagelive.com/2020/05/19/georgia-coronavirus-reopen/
If this stuff is just a different way of reporting etc so be it. If actual data is being falsified there should be criminal consequences. i'm a firm believer in allowing people to make choices based off a wide-variety of information. if the information they are provided is a scam; that's something else entirely. criminal.

Reactions: Marvin the Martian
If this stuff is just a different way of reporting etc so be it. If actual data is being falsified there should be criminal consequences. i'm a firm believer in allowing people to make choices based off a wide-variety of information. if the information they are provided is a scam; that's something else entirely. criminal.
There doesn't seem to be a claim of falsified data. But the chart was clearly crafted to deceive. That chart was all kinds of wacky.

My office is in the heart of everything where i live. block from the courthouse, county offices, high rises etc. we opened up yesterday and i have to say i'm a bit surprised at how dead everything is. it looks no different really than during the lockdown. what are other people seeing?

My office is in the heart of everything where i live. block from the courthouse, county offices, high rises etc. we opened up yesterday and i have to say i'm a bit surprised at how dead everything is. it looks no different really than during the lockdown. what are other people seeing?
This is anecdotal evidence that people are staying home out of "fear" or "intelligence", rather than because a politician told them too.

Reactions: Sobchak_Security
Down about 10% due to people not taking their kids to the doctor every time they have a runny nose or running to the ER every time they stub their toe

Down about 10% due to people not taking their kids to the doctor every time they have a runny nose or running to the ER every time they stub their toe
Ahhhhh duh. i forgot about kids. no school. no camp. lots of folks have to stay home.

SELECT Count(*)
FROM ReportedCases
GROUP BY ReportDate
ORDER BY Count(*) desc

The point being that many people were blaming the government's response (i.e. stay at home orders) for hurting the economy. They called for opening up, under the impression that if the government opened up, things would go back to normal. I think they overestimated the government's role, wrt stay at home orders. Many people have and will be staying at home, regardless.

It's going to take time for confidence to grow. A second wave could be catastrophic (assuming that adjective isn't being redundant).

The AJC is conducting an investigation. According to this tweet, this is NOT a one time thing. Three times in 3 different weeks- not likely coincidental...

Reactions: mcmurtry66
There doesn't seem to be a claim of falsified data. But the chart was clearly crafted to deceive. That chart was all kinds of wacky.

Like this?

moresharpiegate-2120.jpg

The point being that many people were blaming the government's response (i.e. stay at home orders) for hurting the economy. They called for opening up, under the impression that if the government opened up, things would go back to normal. I think they overestimated the government's role, wrt stay at home orders. Many people have and will be staying at home, regardless.

It's going to take time for confidence to grow. A second wave could be catastrophic (assuming that adjective isn't being redundant).
People today don't always take steps to protect others, but you can bet they'll quit going to places if they think their own health is endangered.
1200px-Chipotle_Mexican_Grill_logo.svg.png

Reactions: Digressions
ADVERTISEMENT