ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Pipeline

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
Didn’t it seem like we were landing a bunch of guys from Florida and they were having success here but our 20/21 classes really haven’t been landing any Florida kids. It’s strange.

Reactions: red hornet
We didn't get any last recruiting class, but have gotten one so far in Smith.

The south kids seem to take their time and wait on things. We have good relationships down that way. I think we'll see things pick up again.

Our recruiting has honestly, been pretty mediocre. Look what Fleck is doing at Minnesota. I like Coach Allen a lot, but man.

Our recruiting has honestly, been pretty mediocre. Look what Fleck is doing at Minnesota. I like Coach Allen a lot, but man.

If you look at both teams past results, not really.

We've gotten earlier commits then ever before. Minnesota was a top ranked team last year that went 11-2. Easier to recruit when you go 11-2 then 8-5.

They've also got a proven staff. We've got one winning season with CTA, which isn't his fault, he's only been a head coach for 3 years. It's actually quite amazing what CTA has been able to do with the program history we've had.

Sometimes it’s hard for people to have patience and play the long game. IU May have less than 18 spots this next year (assuming normal fee transfers out) so they likely are being pickier. Then throw in CV keeping kids off campus visits (which is probably where IU staff feels they need to help close). But like MN, if IU has another strong, winning Season, things will continue to flourish, and the FL HS talent will see all the FL players having success at IU this year and next. We’re still tracking well I believe.

Fleck's recruiting is certainly bearing the fruits of a very strong record & surprising season. It's like if IU had been able to pull it out against MSU & PSU. Then we'd have been looking at selling a top 15 team on the rise to kids.

So let's hope this is the year for the break through and hopefully kids respond to what the coaches are selling and we land some game changers for the future.

Fleck's recruiting is certainly bearing the fruits of a very strong record & surprising season. It's like if IU had been able to pull it out against MSU & PSU. Then we'd have been looking at selling a top 15 team on the rise to kids.

So let's hope this is the year for the break through and hopefully kids respond to what the coaches are selling and we land some game changers for the future.

It's not just that. They went 7-6 and then 11-2. They are showing progression. We are too, but not on as large of a scale.

We are doing alright as far as recruiting goes. As someone said above, this is also going to be a smaller class, so we're going to be more selective with who we take.

It's May. It's still early. If there is one thing this staff has shown, it's that it can recruit.

It's not just that. They went 7-6 and then 11-2. They are showing progression. We are too, but not on as large of a scale.

We are doing alright as far as recruiting goes. As someone said above, this is also going to be a smaller class, so we're going to be more selective with who we take.

It's May. It's still early. If there is one thing this staff has shown, it's that it can recruit.

The programs were comparable two years ago when we lost with our late comeback. If we had won that game we would have been bowling that year as well. Woulda, Coulda, shoulda ... I was at that game and frooze my butt off!

Not sure why the pipeline dried up. I teach at Venice High in Florida, 3 of our players just committed, a 4 star DB to Mich St., a 3 star TE to Maryland and a 2 star DB to Rutgers. IU offered the first two. Tom Allen was on campus this year so he is making the effort. It is interesting they all went to B10 schools.

If you look at the star rankings totals we are 27th they are 31st. CTA is bringing in good kids. I'm not sure about this cycle though. Anyone have an idea of how many we are taking?

Edit: Also out of 300-330 players on both boards offer lists 79 are Florida kids. Thats alot IYAM

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT