ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Condo Collapse.

posted this same thread on RU's fball board which has a very active off topic side to it.

thread was quickly removed completely.

the powers that be do not want this being discussed at all, nor do the usual suspects sock puppet propagandists here..

kind of like well over a yr ago when i posted here that covid likely came from the lab, and that it was beyond naive to think otherwise.

same idiots/liars with the same push back nonsense then.

kind of sad how quick people are to give up all self integrity, but i guess if you never had any to begin with, you aren't really giving anything up.

anyone who doesn't see the real possibility of foul play here, is a total moron.

that said, George Carlin did warn us no shortage of those.

i guess differentiating them from the liars and propagandists is the tough part, but anyone who posts here knows about that..
Calling anyone who doesn’t believe your bullshit conspiracy theories a total moron is quite an insurance policy for your brain.

Reactions: jet812
has anyone in the media or elsewhere brought up the possibility of foul play here??

strange that the possibility is never even been brought up by anyone.

not sure how the possibility is so quickly ruled out, as while argumentatively unlikely, is it any more unlikely than the collapse itself absent foul play.

that said, has anyone else found it odd that all the video we've seen of the collapse has been carefully edited so that said video doesn't start until the building already starts to collapse, rather than ever seeing even a few seconds before so.

i bring this up only because such editing isn't normal, even in the multitude of controlled demolition videos out there shown by the media.
It was probably the Squad. Less housing available for Cuban immigrants now…

18 inches is a lot of sinking and if it is leaning ever so slightly at like 6-700 ft tall? If its tipped 1/4 of an inch even over 600 ft that is a lot of lean. I can't even imagine being in a building like that. it would be scary in a 5 story building and if it sank that far the ground floor must be below the sidewalks by now? Add in prime earthquake area and scary.
So, how does a building that tall get demolished? Seems a bit tall to implode.

So, how does a building that tall get demolished? Seems a bit tall to implode.
I have no clue, piece by piece? Should have been thought of when it was built and sounds like never should have been. A lot of SF is fill over dumps . I'm not an engineer but seems hard to imagine any kind of way to build that especially in an earthquake zone to begin with.Huge liability for someone

18 inches is a lot of sinking and if it is leaning ever so slightly at like 6-700 ft tall? If its tipped 1/4 of an inch even over 600 ft that is a lot of lean. I can't even imagine being in a building like that. it would be scary in a 5 story building and if it sank that far the ground floor must be below the sidewalks by now? Add in prime earthquake area and scary.

"Hamburger, who has monitored the settlements of the Millennium Tower and evaluated their effect on the structure since 2014, told CNN in a statement that the building was designed for earthquake resistance, remains safe and is not at risk of collapse".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there ya go. if the buildings current engineer, who btw would never work again and be sued into oblivion if he said otherwise, says it's safe, then it must be safe.

on a side note, wouldn't it be a fun interesting experiment, in the Wuhan Lab version of fun interesting experiments, to just keep building this building higher and higher and higher, to see just how high they can build it before the structural forces bring it crashing down.

"Hamburger, who has monitored the settlements of the Millennium Tower and evaluated their effect on the structure since 2014, told CNN in a statement that the building was designed for earthquake resistance, remains safe and is not at risk of collapse".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there ya go. if the buildings current engineer, who btw would never work again and be sued into oblivion if he said otherwise, says it's safe, then it must be safe.

on a side note, wouldn't it be a fun interesting experiment, in the Wuhan Lab version of fun interesting experiments, to just keep building this building higher and higher and higher, to see just how high they can build it before the structural forces bring it crashing down.
That's probably what Diotisalvi said, too.

There was a woman who got out of bed hearing a loud noise, claimed to see the wall cracking in front of her, ran out the door and into a stairwell, as the building then collapsed, 3 seconds behind her. This wasn't caused by some explosion. There were other accounts of the banging, rumbling, creaking, the collapse of the pool deck into the garage that preceeded the collapse. It just does not smell of sabotage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"There were other accounts of the banging, rumbling, creaking, the collapse of the pool deck into the garage that preceeded the collapse".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

the pool deck does not go under the buildings themselves as far as i can tell, thus i think it doubtful that the pool deck supported any weight, other than that of the deck itself.

and from what i can tell from this pic, it doesn't look like the pool deck collapsed at all.

what i do see in this pic though, is parking underneath the still standing building, with pillars supporting the building's weight in that area.

doing a little more research, i pulled up a pre collapse Goggle Maps street view of the part of the building that collapsed, and i see what appears a parking garage entrance going under the part that collapsed.

so while the pool deck did not go under the building as far as i can see, nor collapse at all from what i see, there apparantly were parking garages under both the collapsed and uncollapsed part of the building, as well as under the pool deck.

el-complejo-champlain-towers-south-despues-del-derrumbe-miami-el-24-junio-2021-foto-amy-beth-bennettsouth-florida-sun-sentinel-via-ap.jpg

Last edited:
this story sure got disappeared fast from all media, other than the recovered body count.

how the heck does that happen with multiple 24hr news channels?

even buildings with issues don't just fall down in an instant, ever, until this one did.

where are the news stories with bomb sniffing dogs giving this a thorough going over?

or have bomb sniffing dogs ever even been brought in?

strange how quickly this thing has been buried completely in all MSM.

this story sure got disappeared fast from all media, other than the recovered body count.

even buildings with issues don't just fall down in an instant, ever, until this one did.

where are the news stories with bomb sniffing dogs giving this a thorough going over?

I think they ruled out both bombs and unicorn farts. But check for updates from QAnon.

Reactions: MrBing

Can you share your thoughts on the role of Wall Street in today’s two party system?

Can you share your thoughts on the role of Wall Street in today’s two party system?

you mean today's one party system don't you?

if you allow govt to be bought, 100% chance it will be.

and it was.

that said, does no one else find it strange that a 12 story condo bldg just collapsed to the ground exactly as if deliberately taken down, and the media that over analyzes everything to death's response is "oh well"?

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
you mean today's one party system don't you?

if you allow govt to be bought, 100% chance it will be.

and it was.

that said, does no one else find it strange that a 12 story condo bldg just collapsed to the ground exactly as if deliberately taken down, and the media that over analyzes everything to death's response is "oh well"?
I didn’t really mean anything, I was just having a laugh at your constant wacko bleating about gov’t being bought as if you’re the only person in the world that can understand it😂

Why do you wackos that watch cable news all of the time think that's where journalism happens?

Subscribe to the Miami Herald.

Why do you wackos that watch cable news all of the time think that's where journalism happens?

Subscribe to the Miami Herald.

nice that we've now herd from the Miami Herald circulation dept.

He makes a great point. National news outlets are always focused on "breaking" stuff and scandal, which is always fleeting. Those on the ground close to the action will be the best resources on the condo collapse story after the new has worn off.

He makes a great point. National news outlets are always focused on "breaking" stuff and scandal, which is always fleeting. Those on the ground close to the action will be the best resources on the condo collapse story after the new has worn off.

you guys are kidding, right?

a 12 story fully occupied condo building just collapsed out of thin air, taking everyone there with it.

and the video looks just like the videos of controlled demos.

and when ever has a modern building ever done this before, other than say a massive earthquake or an explosive?

and there was no massive earthquake that day i'm aware of, but then again i didn't check out the Miami Herald for any massive earthquake news that day in the area, that the MSM felt was too unimportant to cover..

this isn't a local story, and the origin, or any investigation of what caused this, has been totally disappeared by the media since day one.

and i mean totally disappeared from all news as if swallowed by a giant black hole, while a multitude of comparatively totally insignificant stories are rerun all day every day.

none of the news outlets on any side will so much as touch this story, despite it's being the biggest non political/covid story of the summer.

possibly because whether it was bad concrete, or bad footing, or foul play, it's really bad news for the real estate and construction industries either way, thus also really bad news for the big funds and Wall St in general..

no matter what happened, the RE and construction industries don't want to even know, because no matter what it was, it's really bad news either way.

so the best case scenario for both the RE and construction industries, is that it just happened for no reason, so nothing to see here, move along, and why aren't we talking about the Pub or the Dem somewhere who said or did something stupid.

i'm still thinking foul play the most likely possibility, but that's not based on any knowledge of any kind, but just going on the reality that we've seen hundreds of buildings go down just like this through carefully placed explosives, and never one ever by any of the other possible explanations.

so just going on the laws of probabilities and nothing else, seems like foul play would be far and away the most likely explanation.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Aloha Hoosier
you guys are kidding, right?

a 12 story fully occupied condo building just collapsed out of thin air, taking everyone there with it.

and the video looks just like the videos of controlled demos.

and when ever has a modern building ever done this before, other than say a massive earthquake or an explosive?

and there was no massive earthquake that day i'm aware of, but then again i didn't check out the Miami Herald for any massive earthquake news that day in the area, that the MSM felt was too unimportant to cover..

this isn't a local story, and the origin, or any investigation of what caused this, has been totally disappeared by the media since day one.

and i mean totally disappeared from all news as if swallowed by a giant black hole, while a multitude of comparatively totally insignificant stories are rerun all day every day.

none of the news outlets on any side will so much as touch this story, despite it's being the biggest non political/covid story of the summer.

possibly because whether it was bad concrete, or bad footing, or foul play, it's really bad news for the real estate and construction industries either way, thus also really bad news for the big funds and Wall St in general..

no matter what happened, the RE and construction industries don't want to even know, because no matter what it was, it's really bad news either way.

so the best case scenario for both the RE and construction industries, is that it just happened for no reason, so nothing to see here, move along, and why aren't we talking about the Pub or the Dem somewhere who said or did something stupid.

i'm still thinking foul play the most likely possibility, but that's not based on any knowledge of any kind, but just going on the reality that we've seen hundreds of buildings go down just like this through carefully placed explosives, and never one ever by any of the other possible explanations.

so just going on the laws of probabilities and nothing else, seems like foul play would be far and away the most likely explanation.
You’re a wacko

You’re a wacko
I somehow missed this thread until now. Winners writes his nonsense in a nonsensical style and he’s evidentially an idiotic 9/11 Truther conspiracy theorist type as well. No surprise that he’s a nut.

obviously the puppets and everyone else and all media DO NOT want this discussed.

great, so what do you two structural engineers think happened?

to be so sure it wasn't foul play, you must have a good reason to think otherwise.

i don't at all claim to know for certain, and go with foul play because it looked just like every controlled demo we've ever seen, and the parking garage under the building would have made it easy for someone with structural knowledge to park a car(s) in the strategic right locations with explosives.

but that may not have happened at all.

that said, if it was something else, whatever something else it was, would be a first time in modern history thing out of many millions of buildings.

whereas we have seen hundreds or even thousands of buildings taken down with explosives, so from a statistically most probable scenario, i would think foul play is a hundred to a thousand times more likely than any other reason.

if foul play, i would think the place for Sherlock to start looking, would be a non resident investor with more than one unit in the building who paid high and is upside down, with construction/engineering knowledge.

that said, while just saying "forget about how it happened, it's done, let's just move forward", if it were foul play, that would be just letting off someone who murdered 150 people for convenience sake.

Last edited:
  • Haha
obviously the puppets and everyone else and all media DO NOT want this discussed.

to be so sure it wasn't foul play, you must have a good reason to think otherwise.

i don't at all claim to know for certain, and go with foul play because it looked just like every controlled demo we've ever seen, and the parking garage under the building would have made it easy for someone with structural knowledge to park a car(s) in the strategic right locations with explosives.

that said, if it was something else, whatever something else it was, would be a first time in modern history thing out of many millions of buildings.

whereas we have seen hundreds or even thousands of buildings taken down with explosives, so from a statistically most probable scenario, i would think foul play is a hundred to a thousand times more likely than any other reason.

if foul play, i would think the place for Sherlock to start looking, would be a non resident investor with more than one unit in the building who paid high and is upside down, with construction/engineering knowledge.

that said, while just saying "forget about how it happened, it's done, let's just move forward", if it were foul play, that would be just letting off someone who murdered 150 people for convenience sake.

the video looks just like the videos of controlled demos.
No matter how many times you say this, it never becomes accurate.

Do I need to say the same thing over again and again? Is that how YOUR mind works?

OK....

The video looks NOTHING like any controlled demo video, ever.

Does that set you straight?

You know I don’t read your posts and you know why. They’re generally nonsense written in a nonsensical style. I’ve read enough in this thread to know you believe someone brought down the building with some bombs. Your theory is silly on its face. There have been tons of articles on the building’s structural integrity issues that existed from the beginning and got worse over the years. It failed and collapsed. It’s also not the first time a building has collapsed due to structural failure. There is zero evidence it was brought down by bombs. Your speculation is apparently fun for you, but it’s ridiculous.

I’m guessing you’re a 9/11 Truther too. That was also an idiotic conspiracy theory.

Last edited:
No matter how many times you say this, it never becomes accurate.

Do I need to say the same thing over again and again? Is that how YOUR mind works?

OK....

Does that set you straight?
You know I don’t read your posts and you know why. They’re generally nonsense written in a nonsensical style. I’ve read enough in this thread to know you believe someone brought down the building with some bombs. Your theory is silly on its face. There have been tons of articles on the buildings structural integrity issues that existed from the beginning and got worse over the years. It failed and collapsed. It’s also not the first time a building has collapsed due to structural failure. There is zero evidence it was brought down by bombs. Your speculation is apparently fun for you, but it’s ridiculous.

I’m guessing you’re a 9/11 Truther too. That was also an idiotic conspiracy theory.

millions of buildings with structural integrity issues for decades, but somehow up till now none of them just collapsed.

and for something that looked "nothing like a controlled demo", it sure looked a lot like a demo.

still waiting on you guys' explanations.

let me know when you have a better one.

so are you saying you think it was structural integrity issues, and not the planes running into them, that brought down the WTC?

or perhaps salty sand in the concrete?

okie doke.

millions of buildings with structural integrity issues for decades, but somehow up till now none of them just collapsed.

and for something that looked "nothing like a controlled demo", it sure looked a lot like a demo.

still waiting on you guys' explanations.

let me know when you have a better one.
You must be talking about the controlled demolition to take down the rest of the building.

The first part of it collapsed like Aloha explained and other buildings, bridges and towers have also collapsed because of structure problems. Google can be your friend. :cool:

You must be talking about the controlled demolition to take down the rest of the building.

The first part of it collapsed like Aloha explained and other buildings, bridges and towers have also collapsed because of structure problems. Google can be your friend. :cool:

it's google. caps aren't allowed.

I binged it. ;) It’s amazing that there have been dozens upon dozens of secret controlled demolitions of buildings, towers, bridges, dams, etc. throughout history . . .

Last edited:
I have no clue, piece by piece? Should have been thought of when it was built and sounds like never should have been. A lot of SF is fill over dumps . I'm not an engineer but seems hard to imagine any kind of way to build that especially in an earthquake zone to begin with.Huge liability for someone
I've actually followed that story a bit over the years. The structural engineers designed the building (supposedly) correctly. Large buildings are actually designed with an expected settling distance that occurs over a period of time (usually in the range of inches per year). It differs by location (based upon the consistency of the soil) and how the foundation is made (driven piles, floating pad, etc.)
What the structural engineers are claiming is that the BART subway system started digging a tunnel nearby that removed lateral support in the foundation soil and allowed the one side of the building support to be weaker than the other side, thus the settling was unequal and led to the tower leaning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
"There were other accounts of the banging, rumbling, creaking, the collapse of the pool deck into the garage that preceeded the collapse".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

the pool deck does not go under the buildings themselves as far as i can tell, thus i think it doubtful that the pool deck supported any weight, other than that of the deck itself.

and from what i can tell from this pic, it doesn't look like the pool deck collapsed at all.

what i do see in this pic though, is parking underneath the still standing building, with pillars supporting the building's weight in that area.

doing a little more research, i pulled up a pre collapse Goggle Maps street view of the part of the building that collapsed, and i see what appears a parking garage entrance going under the part that collapsed.

so while the pool deck did not go under the building as far as i can see, nor collapse at all from what i see, there apparantly were parking garages under both the collapsed and uncollapsed part of the building, as well as under the pool deck.

el-complejo-champlain-towers-south-despues-del-derrumbe-miami-el-24-junio-2021-foto-amy-beth-bennettsouth-florida-sun-sentinel-via-ap.jpg
As a FYI: The pool deck consists of all of the floor space of the pool and the patio up to the building itself. So the concrete columns on the that side of the building technically represent the border between the pool deck and the garage underneath. So if there was a crack in the base of the columns where the pool deck, garage ceiling, and garage basement outer wall all intersected, that material would collapse downward and inward into the space of the garage. That would be considered a "pool deck" collapse. So even if the majority of the deck is still intact, the definition is still valid.

Also, the pool mechanical room was in the garage on that side of the building. It's possible that the pool room itself is also considered part of the pool deck. The current working theory is that the waterproofing in the pool deck failed (there are drains that collect all of the pool runoff, pipes that run from the pool to the pool mechanical room for heating, and rainwater that can puddle in locations at the base corner of the building). The water could have started collecting in areas and led to premature erosion of the columns and ground floor grade beam. The pictures from the pool room ceiling a few months ago support this theory.

It will take months to get a full report. But something to note is that controlled demolitions are not silent. The shape charges that would be used to compromise building columns would be a loud, distinct explosion noise that would not be confused with groaning / creaking / popping. Those explosion noises would precede the building falling by a few seconds. To my knowledge, not a single witness has come forward with a claim that there were explosion sounds before the building fell. Even still, if C4 or other explosives were used, there would be visual evidence on the column debris (scarring, blackened concrete) and chemical residue that can be analyzed. With the way that this went down, that evidence would eventually be found. There is just no easy way to hide that.

So barring a report from the company currently investigating the collapse stating otherwise, I'm thinking that the controlled demolition theory is extremely unlikely.

As a FYI: The pool deck consists of all of the floor space of the pool and the patio up to the building itself. So the concrete columns on the that side of the building technically represent the border between the pool deck and the garage underneath. So if there was a crack in the base of the columns where the pool deck, garage ceiling, and garage basement outer wall all intersected, that material would collapse downward and inward into the space of the garage. That would be considered a "pool deck" collapse. So even if the majority of the deck is still intact, the definition is still valid.

Also, the pool mechanical room was in the garage on that side of the building. It's possible that the pool room itself is also considered part of the pool deck. The current working theory is that the waterproofing in the pool deck failed (there are drains that collect all of the pool runoff, pipes that run from the pool to the pool mechanical room for heating, and rainwater that can puddle in locations at the base corner of the building). The water could have started collecting in areas and led to premature erosion of the columns and ground floor grade beam. The pictures from the pool room ceiling a few months ago support this theory.

It will take months to get a full report. But something to note is that controlled demolitions are not silent. The shape charges that would be used to compromise building columns would be a loud, distinct explosion noise that would not be confused with groaning / creaking / popping. Those explosion noises would precede the building falling by a few seconds. To my knowledge, not a single witness has come forward with a claim that there were explosion sounds before the building fell. Even still, if C4 or other explosives were used, there would be visual evidence on the column debris (scarring, blackened concrete) and chemical residue that can be analyzed. With the way that this went down, that evidence would eventually be found. There is just no easy way to hide that.

So barring a report from the company currently investigating the collapse stating otherwise, I'm thinking that the controlled demolition theory is extremely unlikely.
There was a pool contractor brought in to quote a repair job and took pics of how bad it was. I'll see if I can find the link, but it essentially laid out the idea that the guy walked in and said "holy crap. This job is a lot bigger than we were led to believe" and reported concerns up the ladder.

ETA

Last edited:
There was a pool contractor brought in to quote a repair job and took pics of how bad it was. I'll see if I can find the link, but it essentially laid out the idea that the guy walked in and said "holy crap. This job is a lot bigger than we were led to believe" and reported concerns up the ladder.

ETA
Yup. That's the pictures / info I was referring to. Standing water is bad for concrete as it can permeate through the concrete and slowly break it down (even more so in environments where the temperature can drop below freezing). Also, when considering that this is pool water, if any of those leaks are from treated water, the chlorine content in the water can sometimes gain an electron and become chlorides. Chlorides are very bad for the steel reinforcement (rebar) in concrete. Combine those together and the concrete would have a fraction of it's normal life cycle.

i recall the I35 bridge collapse in Minny, but that's a structurally different situation even if steel and concrete are still involved.

perhaps you could link another modern occupied building that just collapsed out of the blue.

you're really reaching on the pool deck thing, and if the deck itself had collapsed it would be collapsed, which it isn't..

and how many zillion other buildings with a pool have similar issues, that didn't collapse.

and the pool is a ways away from the building, so i have to question how much of the water issues reached under the structure itself, rather than under the area immediate to the pool itself.

that said, i think most can speculate that this was a failure of the support columns in the parking garage, the question is, why did they fail.

and how many would have to fail at once for what happened to happen?

does one domino failing take out everything?

i don't design buildings, but i would think such structures have safeguards such that even if one column failed, especially in a parking garage setting where a heavy vehicle could ram one already in bad shape, that that wouldn't bring down the whole thing.

that said, the level of push back that this even remotely possibly could have been foul play, i find interesting in itself, as hard not to think it as likely as anything else, especially considering the economic situation of some units.

i also found it strange that bomb sniffing dogs weren't there the next day, along with the search and rescue squads.

it's now been well over a month, and whatever scent there was, if there was any, has to be much less now and diminishing with every day.

well over a month, and not one peep as to any investigations into the cause.

i get it that there will be economic ramifications beyond belief whether the cause is failed concrete and rebar, or foul play, and far better if the story just went away from an economic pov..

thus if making predictions on the matter, my prediction is that the story will get buried as long as possible, and in the end there will be some page 12 one paragraph release that no definitive cause was found, that doesn't even make the corporate tv media news cycle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT