ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Condo Collapse.

i'vegotwinners

Hall of Famer
Dec 1, 2006
has anyone in the media or elsewhere brought up the possibility of foul play here??

strange that the possibility is never even been brought up by anyone.

not sure how the possibility is so quickly ruled out, as while argumentatively unlikely, is it any more unlikely than the collapse itself absent foul play.

that said, has anyone else found it odd that all the video we've seen of the collapse has been carefully edited so that said video doesn't start until the building already starts to collapse, rather than ever seeing even a few seconds before so.

i bring this up only because such editing isn't normal, even in the multitude of controlled demolition videos out there shown by the media.

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
There was a woman who got out of bed hearing a loud noise, claimed to see the wall cracking in front of her, ran out the door and into a stairwell, as the building then collapsed, 3 seconds behind her. This wasn't caused by some explosion. There were other accounts of the banging, rumbling, creaking, the collapse of the pool deck into the garage that preceeded the collapse. It just does not smell of sabotage.

There was a woman who got out of bed hearing a loud noise, claimed to see the wall cracking in front of her, ran out the door and into a stairwell, as the building then collapsed, 3 seconds behind her. This wasn't caused by some explosion. There were other accounts of the banging, rumbling, creaking, the collapse of the pool deck into the garage that preceeded the collapse. It just does not smell of sabotage.

what floor was she on, and which building?

i'm not saying it was foul play. i have no idea.

just seems strange to me the possibility isn't considered.

Last edited:
6th floor. She made it to a stairwell that did not collapse. If she had gone the other direction down the hallway out her door, to an equidistant stairwell, she would have died. She got to the 4th floor down the stairwell during the collapse, but then met a pile of rubble where the walls of the lower levels of the stairwell had caved in. She climbed out with help. Pretty amazing story. I think she was interviewed by Rachel Maddow.

The conspiracy theories about a "controlled demolition" were all over the place at first, but never made sense.

It’s well reported that the structural integrity had been compromised and the new building next door exasperated the existing issues. Just a sad situation all the way around.

Owning condos, shared structures, etc. is almost like a corporation. They are set up to spread accountability and responsibility to a point of uselessness. Unfortunately, these people died or lost their homes with a myriad of court battles forthcoming. Again, sad. Hopefully there can be some lessons learned.

Conspiracy theories are all the rage these days, but this poorly built/maintained structure simply failed.

Last edited:
It’s well reported that the structural integrity had been compromised and the new building next door exasperated the existing issues. Just a sad situation all the way around.

Owning condos, shared structures, etc. is almost like a corporation. They are set up to spread accountability and responsibility to a point of uselessness. Unfortunately, these people died or lost their homes with a myriad of court battles forthcoming. Again, sad. Hopefully there can be some lessons learned.

Conspiracy theories are all the rage these days, but this poorly built/maintained structure simply failed.
It’s going to be rough down there for folks. You know so many of these buildings are going to get checked out now and residents whacked with huge special assessments.

Reactions: stollcpa
has anyone in the media or elsewhere brought up the possibility of foul play here??

strange that the possibility is never even been brought up by anyone.

not sure how the possibility is so quickly ruled out, as while argumentatively unlikely, is it any more unlikely than the collapse itself absent foul play.

that said, has anyone else found it odd that all the video we've seen of the collapse has been carefully edited so that said video doesn't start until the building already starts to collapse, rather than ever seeing even a few seconds before so.

i bring this up only because such editing isn't normal, even in the multitude of controlled demolition videos out there shown by the media.
looks similar to this vid.
https://www.newsweek.com/video-show...ys-ap-al-jazeera-office-building-gaza-1591810

Looks nothing at all like that video. In that video you see an upward plume of smoke due to the bomb strike that precedes the building collapse by several seconds.

That absolutely does not happen, at all, in the Surfside collapse. The plume of dust rises after the collapse reaches the ground.

as i noted above, that video has been carefully edited to not start until the building is starting to collapse, so we have no idea what happened in the preceding few seconds.

even for time conservation, it's not the norm for videos on the news to be edited that tightly.

there are countless news videos of controlled demolitions, and they aren't edited such that the building is starting to fall as the video starts.

as i noted above, that video has been carefully edited to not start until the building is starting to collapse, so we have no idea what happened in the preceding few seconds.

even for time conservation, it's not the norm for videos on the news to be edited that tightly.

there are countless news videos of controlled demolitions, and they aren't edited such that the building is starting to fall as the video starts.

Good grief. Do you have any clue about the preparation necessary for an explosive demolition of a high rise? Do you really think a nut with a couple sticks of dynamite can pull that off without notice?

as i noted above, that video has been carefully edited to not start until the building is starting to collapse

Look at the video I linked, stop it, and look at the first few frames. It shows the instant the buliding starts to fall. There is no dust cloud preceding that or even coincident, no smoke cloud, no flash, or anything visible at the time the building begins to fall. You see plumes of dust later, and flashes of light apparently associated with electrical fires from the sudden shearing of lines.

This isn't a roadrunner cartoon. One box from ACME doesn't take the thing down.

Absolutely, not a great time to be a condo owner in south Florida.

some of the recent towers in NYC are almost disconcerting to the eye to look at, due to the height to footprint ratio.

i wonder if high rise towers everywhere take some kind of short term valuation hit.

Look at the video I linked, stop it, and look at the first few frames. It shows the instant the buliding starts to fall. There is no dust cloud preceding that or even coincident, no smoke cloud, no flash, or anything visible at the time the building begins to fall. You see plumes of dust later, and flashes of light apparently associated with electrical fires from the sudden shearing of lines.

This isn't a roadrunner cartoon. One box from ACME doesn't take the thing down.

yes, it shows the instant the building starts to fall.

not a few seconds before so.

not one second before so.

that's not common for such videos to be edited that tightly, even for tv news time constraints.

something happening below ground level immediately preceeding the collapse wouldn't have time to show up in that video.

Good grief. Do you have any clue about the preparation necessary for an explosive demolition of a high rise? Do you really think a nut with a couple sticks of dynamite can pull that off without notice?

i have zero idea precisely what it would take, and neither do you.

but we both know it is doable, as it has been done many times.

and when so, the collapse looks exactly like the Florida collapse.

has there ever in history been a collapse looking like that, that wasn't a result of deliberate take down or earthquake?

and if it were fowl play, who said planning couldn't be involved.

the rush to discount the possibility of fowl play is odd to say the least.

we don't know what happened, but no reason to assume foul play isn't as likely a cause as anything else.

on a side note, was there not a parking garage underneath the tower?

How many night vision security cameras do you expect to be trained on a neighboring building at 1:20 AM? We're lucky that we got one angle.

I don't know why they don't show 5 seconds of nothingness before the fall, but maybe somebody thought that was too boring.

There were other videos and photos showing water pouring into the parking garage minutes before. Ground water seems to be terrible for structural integrity but doesn't seem to be used in controlled demolitions much, does it?

6th floor. She made it to a stairwell that did not collapse. If she had gone the other direction down the hallway out her door, to an equidistant stairwell, she would have died. She got to the 4th floor down the stairwell during the collapse, but then met a pile of rubble where the walls of the lower levels of the stairwell had caved in. She climbed out with help. Pretty amazing story. I think she was interviewed by Rachel Maddow.

The conspiracy theories about a "controlled demolition" were all over the place at first, but never made sense.
After the World Trade Center collapsed, the "controlled demolition" conspiracy theories were also raised for exactly the same reasons: video showed windows poofing outward from the compressed air as the floors collapsed downward.

Opportunistic conspiracy nuts claimed in both cases that the fact that windows popped outwards in a cloud of dust proved there had been an explosion inside.

Idiots so excited to promote a conspiracy theory forgot everything they already knew about compressed air.

depositphotos_48315683-stock-photo-man-blowing-up-balloon.jpg

when so, the [deliberate] collapse looks exactly like the Florida collapse.
... no reason to assume foul play isn't as likely a cause as anything else.
Show me a video of any demolition, ever, with no explosion, no plume of smoke, no nothing at all visible when the building falls.

This isn't Harry Potter and Voldemort waves a wand. It takes prior detonations, and LOTS of them.

This building's condition is also interesting:

How does one demolish a 58-story building if need be?

After the World Trade Center collapsed, the "controlled demolition" conspiracy theories were also raised for exactly the same reasons: video showed windows poofing outward from the compressed air as the floors collapsed downward.

Opportunistic conspiracy nuts claimed in both cases that the fact that windows popped outwards in a cloud of dust proved there had been an explosion inside.

Idiots so excited to promote a conspiracy theory forgot everything they already knew about compressed air.

depositphotos_48315683-stock-photo-man-blowing-up-balloon.jpg
Is that a pic of a disguised Tom Brady deflating the football?

• Haha
Reactions: outside shooter

Then, if you are correct, you'll have absolutely no trouble when you search the internet to find one of these other unedited videos proving your point. Good luck! I'd like to see it.

Criticizing this one video does not prove your claim that other videos (favorable to your viewpoint) might exist.

Show me a video of any demolition, ever, with no explosion, no plume of smoke, no nothing at all visible when the building falls.

This isn't Harry Potter and Voldemort waves a wand. It takes prior detonations, and LOTS of them.

you can't even see anything below the second or third floor in that video, let alone below ground level.

anything going off below ground level would not show up in that video before the collapse, and you know it.

you can't even see anything below the second or third floor in that video, let alone below ground level.

anything going off below ground level would not show up in that video before the collapse, and you know it.
Funny you didn't link any videos of demolitions to support your premise. You have hundreds of choices, and they were very well-filmed, knowing exactly what was about to happen.

Funny you didn't link any videos of demolitions to support your premise. You have hundreds of choices, and they were very well-filmed, knowing exactly what was about to happen.
According to the way that video is edited, there is no evidence that unicorns didn't caused the collapse. Don't you find that strange?

The building had well known structural problems going back like 20 years, but the association could never figure out how to handle the $15m+ in repairs that were needed.

it absolutely did.

and how many hundreds of thousands or millions of other such structures are in similar condition in the US or world wide do you think, now or in the past?

and how many of those just collapsed completely exactly like in a controlled demolition like the Florida tower?

it is interesting to see the level of push back at even the suggestion that foul play could be the cause.

Last edited:
You keep saying "exacty like in a controlled demolition" when it was completely unlike any of hundreds of other controlled demolitions that we have all seen.

Saying the same lie over and over and over again doesn't make it true, whether it's you doing it, or DJT, or Jim Jones, or the unabomber.

There is no "push back at even the suggestion that foul play could be the cause" there is instead push back at you at once ignoring common sense, visual evidence, eyewitness testimony, inspection reports, etc.

A serious claim requires serious evidence. You don't have ANY evidence, or even a plausible hypothesis, motive, method, means, suspect...

it's as if you really are blaming unicorn magic.

Well, then, ahem, duh, go on the internet and find a better video to prove your point.

Ever file a request to a state government under state Freedom of Information laws or state Sunshine Laws? That's probably better than hoping DANC finds it for you.

it absolutely did.

and how many hundreds of thousands or millions or other such structures are in similar condition in the US or world wide do you think, now or in the past?

and how many of those just collapsed completely exactly like in a controlled demolition like the Florida tower?

it is interesting to see the level of push back at even the suggestion that foul play could be the cause.
When you are a wolf in the land of sheep, just expect that they will follow their own. Terrible that it can't even be discussed, who know we have been around all of them Demolition experts all of this time.

Reactions: i'vegotwinners
You keep saying "exacty like in a controlled demolition" when it was completely unlike any of hundreds of other controlled demolitions that we have all seen.

Saying the same lie over and over and over again doesn't make it true, whether it's you doing it, or DJT, or Jim Jones, or the unabomber.

There is no "push back at even the suggestion that foul play could be the cause" there is instead push back at you at once ignoring common sense, visual evidence, eyewitness testimony, inspection reports, etc.

A serious claim requires serious evidence. You don't have ANY evidence, or even a plausible hypothesis, motive, method, means, suspect...

it's as if you really are blaming unicorn magic.

It was caused by Wall Street investment bankers.

It was caused by Wall Street investment bankers.

the collapse itself, or discounting the possibility of foul play?

investment bankers/fund managers have been using virtually free Fed money to buy up all the real estate they can, as fast as they can. (no doubt impacting the high valuations today).

i wonder what effect it would have on high rise valuations if it were learned that a couple well placed car bombs in the underground garage could take the whole thing down in an instant, or well placed explosives at the exact right support pillars.

that said, what would be the effect on valuations were it discovered that's what actually happened, and it was no longer just a hypothetical possibility?

i don't think for a second that Wall St had anything to do with the collapse.

as for the very bizarre shut down of any and all discussion regarding the possibility of foul play, that's a different matter.

that as possible a cause as any other has been disappeared from even mention, does seem strange does it not.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: outside shooter
This building's condition is also interesting:

How does one demolish a 58-story building if need be?
18 inches is a lot of sinking and if it is leaning ever so slightly at like 6-700 ft tall? If its tipped 1/4 of an inch even over 600 ft that is a lot of lean. I can't even imagine being in a building like that. it would be scary in a 5 story building and if it sank that far the ground floor must be below the sidewalks by now? Add in prime earthquake area and scary.

but this poorly built/maintained structure simply failed.
That's the "foul play". I haven't read much about it this week, but did scan an article saying that the structural issues go back to at least '96.

I've never bought a condo, so I'm unsure about the inspection procedure for securing a loan. I would assume somebody knew about these and didn't disclose them if the total building inspection isn't part of the process?

Last edited:
That's the "foul play". I haven't read much about it this week, but did scan an article saying that the structural issues go back to at least '96.

I've never bought a condo, so I'm unsure what the inspection procedure for securing a loan. I would assume somebody knew about these and didn't disclose them if the total building inspection isn't part of the process?
obviously they didn't know the thing could/would collapse but my understanding is that the tenants were aware that the building needed extensive repairs and were kicking the can because the special assessments were so much money

Reactions: hookyIU1990
obviously they didn't know the thing could/would collapse but my understanding is that the tenants were aware that the building needed extensive repairs and were kicking the can because the special assessments were so much money
This, combined with the building next door was under another jurisdiction(lack of a better way to say it) and it created more unknown issues when built more recently.

Obviously no one thought there was a chance it was going to collapse.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
the collapse itself, or discounting the possibility of foul play?

investment bankers/fund managers have been using virtually free Fed money to buy up all the real estate they can, as fast as they can. (no doubt impacting the high valuations today).

i wonder what effect it would have on high rise valuations if it were learned that a couple well placed car bombs in the underground garage could take the whole thing down in an instant, or well placed explosives at the exact right support pillars.

that said, what would be the effect on valuations were it discovered that's what actually happened, and it was no longer just a hypothetical possibility?

i don't think for a second that Wall St had anything to do with the collapse.

as for the very bizarre shut down of any and all discussion regarding the possibility of foul play, that's a different matter.

that as possible a cause as any other has been disappeared from even mention, does seem strange does it not.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

posted this same thread on RU's fball board which has a very active off topic side to it.

thread was quickly removed completely.

the powers that be do not want this being discussed at all, nor do the usual suspects sock puppet propagandists here..

kind of like well over a yr ago when i posted here that covid likely came from the lab, and that it was beyond naive to think otherwise.

same idiots/liars with the same push back nonsense then.

kind of sad how quick people are to give up all self integrity, but i guess if you never had any to begin with, you aren't really giving anything up.

anyone who doesn't see the real possibility of foul play here, is a total moron.

that said, George Carlin did warn us no shortage of those.

i guess differentiating them from the liars and propagandists is the tough part, but anyone who posts here knows about that..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT