ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Appeals Court Rules In Favor of Desantis

mohoosier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 6, 2001
Florida
https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/10/us/florida-desantis-schools-mask-mandate/index.html

Before some of you get your panties in wad, Desantis is not telling schools what to do, he’s leaving the decision of the student’s well-being to their parent, which is exactly where it should be. Not all kids are the same and they need to be treated as such, especially when it comes to their physical and social health.

Qualified doctors are best able to advise students about best practices to maintain their physical and social health. They seem to agree that kids need to be in school, that masking increases safety in communities where the infection rate is high, and masking is a teeny tiny price to pay to reap the benefits of in-person education relative to shitty online learning alternatives.

Qualified doctors are best able to advise students about best practices to maintain their physical and social health. They seem to agree that kids need to be in school, that masking increases safety in communities where the infection rate is high, and masking is a teeny tiny price to pay to reap the benefits of in-person education relative to shitty online learning alternatives.
I as a vaccinated person have a higher chance of contracting COVID than a kid. In terms of what could possibly kill these kids in the course of a school day, COVID doesn’t even rate, and you should stop pretending like it does.

"Children hospitalized with COVID-19 in U.S. hits record number | Reuters

Dozens of other sources with similar info.

What we don't know are the long term effects of kids having COVID-19, even if they are not dying. If those effects are avoided for many by masking, it would be worth it.

"Children hospitalized with COVID-19 in U.S. hits record number | Reuters

Dozens of other sources with similar info.

What we don't know are the long term effects of kids having COVID-19, even if they are not dying. If those effects are avoided for many by masking, it would be worth it.
1900 is a statistical fart in the wind. And you musing about long COVID in kids is exactly that, just your hysterical musings with nothing to support them.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/10/us/florida-desantis-schools-mask-mandate/index.html

Before some of you get your panties in wad, Desantis is not telling schools what to do, he’s leaving the decision of the student’s well-being to their parent, which is exactly where it should be. Not all kids are the same and they need to be treated as such, especially when it comes to their physical and social health.
The problem with your post and DeSantis claiming to leave it up to "parents", is that he is only allowing the parents that agree with him to make the decision. It's not a case of DeSantis together with parents against school boards, but rather a case of DeSantis and parents who support him vs school boards and parents who support mask mandates. In fact, the suit against DeSantis was filed by parents...

I suspect this is just one step along the road in the Appellate process, and I don't think that every school board in FL is going to just say well that's it, no mask mandate...This decision from a pro-DeSantis judicial entity doesn't really say much about the legality of what he's doing, and he's on pretty shaky political ground with his re-election coming up in 2022.

Current polling shows Floridians favor masks in schools, and it isn't particularly close. In Aug two different polls showed pro-mask #s at 60 and 62%. Numbers like that will likely embolden school districts to continue to defy his shaky restrictions, while the issue continues to make it's way thru the court system.

And the reality is DeSantis only won by 0.4% in 2018, which means he can't win without Independents. And Independents not only favor mask mandates, but the Aug 24th poll showed that Independents were not happy with DeSantis threatening to punish school districts, with 70% saying they disagreed with that strategy...

Reactions: DrHoops
I as a vaccinated person have a higher chance of contracting COVID than a kid. In terms of what could possibly kill these kids in the course of a school day, COVID doesn’t even rate, and you should stop pretending like it does.
Trust the political science.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
That is the scary part. People only concentrate on whether a person dies and there's a lot more to it than that. It's like saying the only bad outcome of a car wreck it death and honestly I think there could be worse outcomes than death to a wreck and I think the same thing applies to the virus.

But the kid could spread it to lots of other people who are at a much higher risk. Why is this so difficult to understand?

That is the scary part. People only concentrate on whether a person dies and there's a lot more to it than that. It's like saying the only bad outcome of a car wreck it death and honestly I think there could be worse outcomes than death to a wreck and I think the same thing applies to the virus.
Exactly.

But the kid could spread it to lots of other people who are at a much higher risk. Why is this so difficult to understand?
But the masks that 99.9% of people are wearing don't do that. See Fraudci's own emails.

Your bad parenting negatively affecting my child and my family is the problem. Your "freedum" ends when it affects mine.

It's why Biden gave up and went down the mandate route. It's time to stop the spread.
I am with Biden on this one. It is time to stop the idiots from screwing up our small businesses, economy and health care system.

Any health care facility that has limited space or staff needs to prioritize the vaccinated and make the non vaxxed idiots wait at home until space and staff is available. If they die, that was ther FREEDUM at work.

Reactions: DrHoops
But the masks that 99.9% of people are wearing don't do that. See Fraudci's own emails.

See my reply to Q-Anon lunatic Massusuta.

Reactions: cosmickid
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT