ADVERTISEMENT

Flop = Technical Foul

IULouie

Benchwarmer
May 20, 2007
“The NCAA Men’s Basketball Rules Committee recommended that officials assess technical fouls to players who fake being fouled or "flop", beginning in the 2021-22 season, per release.”

I love this! They should’ve done this years ago and it wouldn’t be as bad as it is right now.

“The NCAA Men’s Basketball Rules Committee recommended that officials assess technical fouls to players who fake being fouled or "flop", beginning in the 2021-22 season, per release.”

I love this! They should’ve done this years ago and it wouldn’t be as bad as it is right now.

So no warning? love the players doing the flopping calls to the refs mid game. Get a guy that has never watched bball and you can confuse the shit out of him. Show him a clip of a guy flopping and the opposing guys all making some weird motions with their hands to the refs...

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
Here we go back to the monitor. Did he move his head backward to fake an elbow to the face or to avoid an elbow? Flop 1 or Flop 2?

What i would like to see is players shooting three pointers who initiate contact and then fall down be assessed the foul and no shot. The leg kick out then flop pisses me off.

Here we go back to the monitor. Did he move his head backward to fake an elbow to the face or to avoid an elbow? Flop 1 or Flop 2?

What i would like to see is players shooting three pointers who initiate contact and then fall down be assessed the foul and no shot. The leg kick out then flop pisses me off.
The one I would like to see is the one initially started by the Duke program where the offensive player is dribbling the ball and a little contact is made but the O raises up and rears backwards like he has been held up faking a foul.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
I like the NHL approach. A defensive player is penalized for hooking and the hooked player is called for flopping.
Adopt the NHL Penalty Box for Flops.
And allow fighting after someone flops to falsely attempt to draw a foul, followed by a penalty.
That should end all flopping.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier

The rule will be arbitrarily enforced or ignored once conference play starts. Flops are annoying when the other team does it. It is a clever basketball play when your team does it. At the most make it a common foul with no review.

Flop at your own risk. It takes you out of the play momentarily. It’s properly a “no-call”. Same with shooters kicking out their feet. I hate the technical rule. More time stoppage, more referees trying to read players’ minds, more looking at things in slow-mo where you can convince yourself of anything.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

👍

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT