ADVERTISEMENT

FIVE points in last 6:52.. CLUTCH

Archie Miller has to solve the offensive issues that cause stretches like that. Between perimeter shooting and being consistent in a plan of attack are two easily-identifiable issues.

Also, how many "bunnies" at the rim will our bigs miss next season?

Reactions: IUgradman
Missed some big FT that would have maintained or shifted momentum. Lots of breakdowns. I ****ing hate Wisconsin. Always have and always will.
I'm almost glad Brad Davison has another season left at Wisconsin so IU has another opportunity to kick his ass. I never thought I'd despise a college basketball player more than Grayson Allen, but here we are.

That's what's most frustrating to me about playing Wisconsin. The Badgers are a team in every sense of the word. They have players who make smart, winning plays and hustle their asses off. That's what IU should be, but, unfortunately, it's not.
I keep asking people here what IU’s culture is under Miller, and no one can provide an answer. No one wonders what Wisconsin’s culture is, since it’s been the same for three different coaches.

I keep asking people here what IU’s culture is under Miller, and no one can provide an answer. No one wonders what Wisconsin’s culture is, since it’s been the same for three different coaches.
Is IU known for stingy defense? Is IU known for sharply-executed offense? Toughness, maybe? What do the Hoosiers have to hang their hat on, so to speak? That's a macro-level indictment of the program under Miller's watch.

Reactions: IUgradman
I'm almost glad Brad Davison has another season left at Wisconsin so IU has another opportunity to kick his ass. I never thought I'd despise a college basketball player more than Grayson Allen, but here we are.
You may despise him, but if he were on the IU Roster, and played as many minutes for us as he does for UW, we would have won 3-5 more games. He has the the thing we lack, a player who plays with great intensity who can step up and make plays when the game is on the line.

You may despise him, but if he were on the IU Roster, and played as many minutes for us as he does for UW, we would have won 3-5 more games. He has the the thing we lack, a player who plays with great intensity who can step up and make plays when the game is on the line.
I agree with you completely. Part of why I hate him is because I resent the fact IU doesn't have a single player like him.

Good thing for Archie is that TNT is replaying the Hobbit trilogy right now. When Hollywood decides to remake them and they surely will Archie will have a backup career.

Reactions: RunninRichie
When Potter came back in the game with 4 Fouls with 7 Minutes left, my first thought was I hope we don't spend all our Offensive Effort trying to get the 5th Foul that we forget to run the whole Offense. This is part of what happened. We kept pushing the ball inside, and our Bigs kept trying to throw up HORSE Game Circus shots thinking they would draw the fifth foul instead of working to get their normal Shots.

When Potter came back in the game with 4 Fouls with 7 Minutes left, my first thought was I hope we don't spend all our Offensive Effort trying to get the 5th Foul that we forget to run the whole Offense. This is part of what happened. We kept pushing the ball inside, and our Bigs kept trying to throw up HORSE Game Circus shots thinking they would draw the fifth foul instead of working to get their normal Shots.
That's part of my issue with Miller's coaching strategy. There's a lack of consistency. Rather than continuing to do what has worked well, the entire focus of the offense went to eliminating an opponent's player from the game. When a coach directs his team to do that, the focus shifts from the bigger picture of winning.

The culture is lack of discipline, execution , teamwork, and pissing our pants in the big moments.

Pathetic offensive basketball down the stretch today. This has to be the most depressing offensive basketball team at IU I've ever watched.

Pathetic offensive basketball down the stretch today. This has to be the most depressing offensive basketball team at IU I've ever watched.
Honest to God, I’d rather watch any of Crean’s first three teams play. The only expectation then was for the team to play hard.

I think the real answer of IU's culture is along the lines of "serious rebuild in progress" until further notice. Basically a bunch of empty promises by Fred.

Reactions: Kyser123
Galloway

Biggest issue with the IU upperclassmen such as Green and Al is that they do not know how to adjust their play when it is winning time, in6 the last few minutes of the game. It is like a baseball pitcher who throws the same pitch and location no matter if it is a 3-0 count or a 0-2 count. You don't give a batter a strike down the middle of the plate when you are up 0-2 in the count. You make him guess and miss on a pitch off the plate, or low or high. The biggest difference between the IU upperclassmen and the Indiana HS teams that I watched win is that the teams that win close games all make smart winning plays when it is winning time. They spread the floor and make you chase the ball and they make you foul a high % free throw shooter or they get a wide open layup or dunk. Green treats the end of the game the same way as the beginning, he goes one on one and attempts to shoot or make the home run pass. He basically hands the game over to the opposing team if he misses or throws the ball away. He was never taught score, clock, possession fundamentals on how to close out and win close games. The exact opposite of smart, well coached, teams and players. IU used to be the team that played smart, high IQ, team basketball, now that team is Wisconsin and Butler.

Last edited:
Reactions: outlawyer
I did not see Hunter play in HS.

Actually, it was the talk after last season, the one he sat out because of injury. Every year, the fans hail some new guy that will instantly transform the team into a winner. Romeo, TJD, Hunter and now Lander.

Given Archie’s lack of coaching and development, nothing short of a roster of 5-star kids will do anything for his program.

Reactions: BigMobe
Actually, it was the talk after last season, the one he sat out because of injury. Every year, the fans hail some new guy that will instantly transform the team into a winner. Romeo, TJD, Hunter and now Lander.

Given Archie’s lack of coaching and development, nothing short of a roster of 5-star kids will do anything for his program.

Well this time we will have 2 five stars on the roster instead of just 1.

This is one of my gravest concerns with Miller. While Crean was a mediocre in-game coach, he was an excellent developer of talent.

Disagree. We kept going in the paint because those are higher quality shots, particularly for our roster. We just didn’t convert. Sucks, but you have to give credit to Wisky as well. TJD going 2-8 from the floor, regardless of the opponent, doesn’t bode well for us.

Nice analogy on “HORSE Game Circus” shots. I assume those would be similar to PIG Game Circus shots.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT