ADVERTISEMENT

FIU September 1 Who’s in?

I went to the FIU game two years ago and had a great time. Can't make it this year, wish I could.

Thinking about visiting my brother in Boca that weekend and make it a double purpose by going to the game.

I have to say, I have this one as less than a gimme . . . for all that he's not, Butch Davis has seen some big time games and won a few of them before cratering at UT.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1428070

Thinking about visiting my brother in Boca that weekend and make it a double purpose by going to the game.

I have to say, I have this one as less than a gimme . . . for all that he's not, Butch Davis has seen some big time games and won a few of them before cratering at UT.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1428070

Tennessee?
I think you are thinking of Butch Jones. Davis was at UNC and got fired after investigations by the NCAA.

Butch Davis also assembled most of what was recently named the most talented college football team of all time in the 2001 Miami Hurricanes. I know Coker coached that particular team, but Davis brought most of those guys there.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Butch Davis also assembled most of what was recently named the most talented college football team of all time in the 2001 Miami Hurricanes. I know Coker coached that particular team, but Davis brought most of those guys there.
This is true he also helped recruit many of the extremely talented Cane teams for Jimmy Johnson. He can recruit.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Hurricane season will be in full swing. It would totally blow to have a postponement again.
Yeah, hurricanes totally blow. But the postponement was for a game that was scheduled in Bloomington. Irma had passed, but the FIU team was reportedly unable to travel because of cleanup, attending to property, etc.. There's a hurricane risk for the entire east coast (including Piscataway, NJ and College Park, MD) in late summer and early fall but, even in Miami, the chances of a hurricane impacting a particular game are pretty slim.

Yeah, hurricanes totally blow. But the postponement was for a game that was scheduled in Bloomington. Irma had passed, but the FIU team was reportedly unable to travel because of cleanup, attending to property, etc.. There's a hurricane risk for the entire east coast (including Piscataway, NJ and College Park, MD) in late summer and early fall but, even in Miami, the chances of a hurricane impacting a particular game are pretty slim.
We don’t even want to think about hurricanes here on South Florida

No kidding. Why dont we just schedule someone like Central Michigan or something?
I don't mind the opponent. Was making a play on words for humor.
Please tell me you didn't think I already knew that. :rolleyes:

Does humor not exist in your household?

Can’t wait for September 1 to see the Hoosiers. I will be in Miami to see the Hoosiers, I have talked to a couple of of FIU players who think they are going to beat the Hoosiers... no chance. Who else is planning on attending?
Where is everyone staying in Miami?

Staying in Delray at my house lol.
Would definitely love to see a big IU turn out. My brother and a friend of his a Penn State fan are planning on coming up for Penn State game May tag along. Would love to see all of the new facilities including stadium addition.
Also went to diinner last night with a young man that was on target to break some of TY Hiton receiving records at FIU until getting injured unfortunately, the reason I mention this is because a normally very surrhanded TO dropped a pass in the end zone early in the game at FIU 2 years ago. I got to harass him a little bit lol. Great kid and a current rb at FIU still tells me they are going to win. Only 8 starters total rerun. They will be better in near future but can’t see it this year. Go Hoosiers come on September 1.

Anyone have information about visitors seating sections at FIU? I'm planning to go to the game and I prefer to sit with fellow HOOSIER fans.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT