ADVERTISEMENT

Fisher is a baller

I watched a lot of video plus spring game and thought he was going to be just OK once at B1G level of competition. But coaches kept saying he was their defensive leader so I wondered why I couldn't see it. Was worried about teams running over us. Thought he made a lot of his numbers downfield.

I had to eat my words the first game! He's bigger, faster, and more aggressive, well, just better, than I expected. Nice game. And now I don't have any doubt it'll translate to the big games. Just want the entire defense to stay healthy. The line will be a key to helping Fisher do his thing and the other backers. There was that one run for them it almost looked like they planned the kick in block on an aggressive Fisher, so hopefully we watch for those.

Yeah, he can play.

I watched a lot of video plus spring game and thought he was going to be just OK once at B1G level of competition. But coaches kept saying he was their defensive leader so I wondered why I couldn't see it. Was worried about teams running over us. Thought he made a lot of his numbers downfield.

I had to eat my words the first game! He's bigger, faster, and more aggressive, well, just better, than I expected. Nice game. And now I don't have any doubt it'll translate to the big games. Just want the entire defense to stay healthy. The line will be a key to helping Fisher do his thing and the other backers. There was that one run for them it almost looked like they planned the kick in block on an aggressive Fisher, so hopefully we watch for those.

Yeah, he can play.

He looked good and appears to have some leadership qualities... If he can play at a high level against our Big Ten opponents I'll have to eat a lot of crow about 6 weeks from now... Let's hope he forces me to do it...

Micah did look good in the game with all the times he gets to the football. This defense gives him a shot to use his running ability.

Reactions: red hornet

Yeah, he can play.
I think I feel better about our backers now than in recent memory. Yes, Casey was the bright spot on bad teams but it feels like we have 2 guys in there that can ball out. Jailin Walker might be even more impressive than I was expecting. Isaac Jones gets to play quite a bit and the freshman from the Naval prep school, Hardy, got in there. It was only one game but they looked like they knew what they were doing and closed fast in the ball.

Bryant Haines told Fisch on today’s radio show that he trusts Aiden Fisher and Jailen Walker to adjust the defensive call to the offensive alignment, when the called defense is a poor match. Praised Aiden’s football IQ. Bryant looks forward to the challenge presented by Big 10 talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT