ADVERTISEMENT

Fischer named Sportcaster of the Year for 29th time

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
He is an institution. I always enjoy his broadcasts. There is something straightforward and yet "family" about them, whether IU is doing well or not so well.

Growing up I was fortunate to have Fisch to listen to in the winter, and Marty and Joe for the summer Reds games.

Unfortunately Brennaman went all "crochetty old man" during broadcasts after Joe passed away.

I’ve had the good fortune to meet Don on several occasions. Just a great guy, funny, genuine.

I truly feel sorry for the guy who follows him in the booth. No one can ever compare.

Reactions: Andy06
He should get the "Patience of Job" award for all those weekly radio shows and the pre game shows he did with RMK. The coach made those really difficult.

It was pretty obvious that BK liked Don. He was pretty good with him actually joking around about lineups. "I'll let you pick it Don, we'll go itch whomever you choose". It was Chuck Marlow that had the tougher Job.

I don't mind Don for basketball but I can't listen him doing football games. He just does not paint a good picture on what is going on during the game.

He is not as good with his Football calls, but as good as most.

The guy that I think might retire before Don is Chuck Crabb. Perhaps the most recognizable PA voice in the country he also is a legend. "6'10 and a Soph-a-more"

When he does hang it up I hope IU doesn't go for one of these huge voiced over the top WWE types we see so often these days.

giphy.gif

The guy that I think might retire before Don is Chuck Crabb. Perhaps the most recognizable PA voice in the country he also is a legend. "6'10 and a Soph-a-more"

When he does hang it up I hope IU doesn't go for one of these huge voiced over the top WWE types we see so often these days.
They will hire my son, or at least he will apply for the job. He has met Chuck several times and they follow each other on social media. My son has a nice resume built up and even worked a high school football game at Lucas Oil Stadium. I was his spotter. It was awesome!

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
They will hire my son, or at least he will apply for the job. He has met Chuck several times and they follow each other on social media. My son has a nice resume built up and even worked a high school football game at Lucas Oil Stadium. I was his spotter. It was awesome!

That is awesome. Good luck to him when that day comes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT