ADVERTISEMENT

First post on Water Cooler

Kazhoosier

Newcomer
Dec 19, 2017
Long time lurker who briefly joined the basketball forum and started posting in maybe 1999 or 2000 when Clubjockey was writing his fictional account about a student at Purdue trying to get Bob Knight fired. I was living overseas at the time and the fictional student CJ wrote about was from the country I was living in then, which I thought was hilarious. Once Coach Knight was fired, I lost a lot of interest and stopped posting, though I kept lurking regularly (also the internet was not great in Central Asia at the time).

Over the years and many computers I lost my sign in, so signed up again in 2017 and posted a little on the Hoops forum. However, I have struggled to remain optimistic about IU b-ball and just can't bring myself to invest the time and energy to post there.

I mainly lurk here now and usually enjoy the back and forth. There is at least some effort here where you all are attempting to have discussions and many of you even try to be civil, so I appreciate that :). I may even try to join in on some of the conversations.

For my first post here I thought I would share a link that combines IU hoops and politics - perhaps many of you have already seen it but it recently popped up in my YouTube recommendations so thought I would share it here:

As much as we might disagree on politics, I know we would all love to see an IU basketball team in the Rose Garden again. Go Hoosiers!

Long time lurker who briefly joined the basketball forum and started posting in maybe 1999 or 2000 when Clubjockey was writing his fictional account about a student at Purdue trying to get Bob Knight fired. I was living overseas at the time and the fictional student CJ wrote about was from the country I was living in then, which I thought was hilarious. Once Coach Knight was fired, I lost a lot of interest and stopped posting, though I kept lurking regularly (also the internet was not great in Central Asia at the time).

Over the years and many computers I lost my sign in, so signed up again in 2017 and posted a little on the Hoops forum. However, I have struggled to remain optimistic about IU b-ball and just can't bring myself to invest the time and energy to post there.

I mainly lurk here now and usually enjoy the back and forth. There is at least some effort here where you all are attempting to have discussions and many of you even try to be civil, so I appreciate that :). I may even try to join in on some of the conversations.

For my first post here I thought I would share a link that combines IU hoops and politics - perhaps many of you have already seen it but it recently popped up in my YouTube recommendations so thought I would share it here:

As much as we might disagree on politics, I know we would all love to see an IU basketball team in the Rose Garden again. Go Hoosiers!
Hell, I wouldn’t mind seeing Reagan, in his current condition, in the Oval Office.

Yeah, but you have to love Knight's red sports jacket. Everyone else is in a suit.

While I would not presume to speak for Mark, I'm pretty sure he's making light of this situation and the inherent hypocrisy of fossils like Lou Dobbs...

Reactions: Bill4411

Congrats. You've already easily made the preseason top 25 poll for Quality Cooler (QC) participants.

It's not an extremely high bar, but welcome. Writing complete sentences had you a lock bid.

ADVERTISEMENT