ADVERTISEMENT

First clips of spring ball day one

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
watched few clips and Coach Allen’s Mimi interview. Cleary one can’t read much into day one of spring practice, but here’s something Indo sense:

Level of professionalism and focus is there and think it is going to continue paying off. Examples:

-It was another junior recruiting day. Saw some tweets from them how impressed they were with IU recruiting staff. So they are well taken care of then get to watch an intense day one of practice. Just seems like the program is organized.

Allen’s explanation for why he hired Coach Teagarden and how hard he works and how much he loves the program. Sincere & authentic enthusiasm for your program is hard to fake. Adds to the family feel of the program.

Lastly, Allen is always stressing to players “one variable you can control is your effort.” I think that message is resonating, the one word of finish for 2018, and more talent coming into the program (along with good coaching staff continuity) I believe Coach Allen has the drive, confidence and skills to make the IUFB program special ahead.

watched few clips and Coach Allen’s Mimi interview. Cleary one can’t read much into day one of spring practice, but here’s something Indo sense:

Level of professionalism and focus is there and think it is going to continue paying off. Examples:

-It was another junior recruiting day. Saw some tweets from them how impressed they were with IU recruiting staff. So they are well taken care of then get to watch an intense day one of practice. Just seems like the program is organized.

Allen’s explanation for why he hired Coach Teagarden and how hard he works and how much he loves the program. Sincere & authentic enthusiasm for your program is hard to fake. Adds to the family feel of the program.

Lastly, Allen is always stressing to players “one variable you can control is your effort.” I think that message is resonating, the one word of finish for 2018, and more talent coming into the program (along with good coaching staff continuity) I believe Coach Allen has the drive, confidence and skills to make the IUFB program special ahead.
I am both excited and optimistic about IU football.

I’m feelin it too, but he needs a couple of years to develop guys. His path to a nine win season is with redshirt seniors rather than five star sophomores and juniors.

The posters are above are exactly right and given time this staff will improve IU. Their approach makes it easier for better recruits to like IU and how they will be treated. I also think the way IU's defense has improved recruits on D want to come and O recruits see if they come the team will be moving up in the B1G.

Reactions: 76-1 and Indianaftw
The posters are above are exactly right and given time this staff will improve IU. Their approach makes it easier for better recruits to like IU and how they will be treated. I also think the way IU's defense has improved recruits on D want to come and O recruits see if they come the team will be moving up in the B1G.
Since I believe you said you were a high school coach, how do you think IU will do in in-state recruiting this year?

Reactions: vesuvius13
Since I believe you said you were a high school coach, how do you think IU will do in in-state recruiting this year?
I think it will be a bit of a struggle due to historical trends of UM, OSU, MSU, Iowa, and Wisc coming into the state. I do think IU could make inroads due to the Indiana kids already here helping bring in more. I would think seeing Taylor and the others choose IU could cause others to do the same consider doing the same. Coach Allen and staff have had a year to build the relationships and it should help in getting in state players to IU.

ADVERTISEMENT