ADVERTISEMENT

First Capitol Riot Offender Sentenced. I suspect this will be in keeping with the vast majority of people that were in the

Capitol as to both her story and sentencing.

Yeah, most will be low-level stuff but more than a few will face serious charges. For example (from the New York Times):

"The other defendant, Graydon Young, of Sarasota, Fla., admitted to conspiring to breach the building as part of a military-style “stack” made up of members of the Oath Keepers militia and disrupt the certification of the Electoral College vote. As part of his deal with the government, Mr. Young agreed to cooperate with prosecutorsthe second member of the Oath Keepers to provide assistance to investigators. He faces an estimated 63 to 78 months in prison."

And I like this from from the judge:

At the hearing, the presiding judge, Royce C. Lamberth, made scathing remarks from the bench attacking the handful of Republican politicians who have labeled the assault on the Capitol the work of mere tourists, calling that position “utter nonsense.”

“I don’t know what planet they’re on,” Judge Lamberth said. “Millions of people saw Jan. 6.”

Yeah, most will be low-level stuff but more than a few will face serious charges. For example (from the New York Times):

"The other defendant, Graydon Young, of Sarasota, Fla., admitted to conspiring to breach the building as part of a military-style “stack” made up of members of the Oath Keepers militia and disrupt the certification of the Electoral College vote. As part of his deal with the government, Mr. Young agreed to cooperate with prosecutorsthe second member of the Oath Keepers to provide assistance to investigators. He faces an estimated 63 to 78 months in prison."

And I like this from from the judge:

At the hearing, the presiding judge, Royce C. Lamberth, made scathing remarks from the bench attacking the handful of Republican politicians who have labeled the assault on the Capitol the work of mere tourists, calling that position “utter nonsense.”

“I don’t know what planet they’re on,” Judge Lamberth said. “Millions of people saw Jan. 6.”
the vast majority were tourists and will be sentenced accordingly.

they got caught in a moment and were illegally demonstrating and will receive probation
That's what I meant. Mere tourists have little to worry about. There were dozens if not hundreds, though, who were quite a bit more than mere tourists. Some of those assholes will get serious jail time and will deserve every minute.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT