ADVERTISEMENT

Fire Roy Williams

uncleter

Benchwarmer
Jul 10, 2003
He can't win without superior talent...IU has no guards (RP was supposed to be the next Yogi: we all know about Green and Al; Franklin is still a freshman.) Our bigs except for Hunter cannot make a shot outside of 5' maybe. And we have no quickness. What bothers me most is how we were outhustled to get loose balls and rebounds. Regardless, I still believe talent prevails and PU has more than we do. I'm not a Pearl fan (proven he is a cheating MF). But there has to be a big time coach who would come here (It's IU)

Reactions: Timmy Mac
Dumb - won a title a few years ago. Roy’s pinky could coach better than CAM.
My point is that NC is 10-12 this year and the NC fans are not happy. Granted they have had injuries but the faithful think he should be winning anyway. Calling someone dumb who is 71 years old, a college graduate and played 4 years for John Collier at Hanover, a Vietnam veteran, and successful business person, and has followed IU basketball since Walt Belllamy played is totally inappropriate. You can disagree without using degrading comments.

My point is that NC is 10-12 this year and the NC fans are not happy. Granted they have had injuries but the faithful think he should be winning anyway. Calling someone dumb who is 71 years old, a college graduate and played 4 years for John Collier at Hanover, a Vietnam veteran, and successful business person, and has followed IU basketball since Walt Belllamy played is totally inappropriate. You can disagree without using degrading comments.
I agree with you, old timer!

With those kind of accomplishments one would think you wouldn’t be so soft. That you would have higher standards...

He can't win without superior talent...IU has no guards (RP was supposed to be the next Yogi: we all know about Green and Al; Franklin is still a freshman.) Our bigs except for Hunter cannot make a shot outside of 5' maybe. And we have no quickness. What bothers me most is how we were outhustled to get loose balls and rebounds. Regardless, I still believe talent prevails and PU has more than we do. I'm not a Pearl fan (proven he is a cheating MF). But there has to be a big time coach who would come here (It's IU)

We have 2 unused scholarships. If we are lacking guards and shooting, whose fault is that?

Also, the NCAA is about to start allowing for players to get paid. Might as well grab a guy who already knows how to play that game.

Miller built the team, and he’s responsible for it. After Year One, a couple of players should have been told that we were moving on to other guys and, while they were welcome to stay, playing time would be extremely limited. He didn’t, and it’s killing him. He’s also failed to address needs on recruiting, and that’s only going to get more difficult. He need only look in the mirror if he’s unsure of where the responsibility for this falls.

They were huge under dogs and got hosed on a no call. And they actually fought, unlike the Hoosiers.
OK...send your resume' to Fred Glass or the next AD. I'm sure with your BB coaching experience that you will be considered to replace CAM

Miller built the team, and he’s responsible for it. After Year One, a couple of players should have been told that we were moving on to other guys and, while they were welcome to stay, playing time would be extremely limited. He didn’t, and it’s killing him. He’s also failed to address needs on recruiting, and that’s only going to get more difficult. He need only look in the mirror if he’s unsure of where the responsibility for this falls.
Of course it falls on him he's the coach that's his responsibility. He is the leader.

And I give you credit for a good post, you didn't whine or make hyperbolic statements and actually supplied reasoning for your opinion. That's rare. fwiw - The APR in year one still had an impact and he did have a few misses in late recruiting, this last year. So I'm not sure what options he had. I think the mistake was keeping all of Creans recruits from that year. Would have had more freedom in recruiting without them.

fwiw - I don't like how we prep, it's something that concerned me last year, continued into this year and showed up glaringly today. One week and we had nothing special. Every team seems to come up with something that bothers us in their game plan. We don't do the same and it's not just random, it's every fking game.

Miller has a philosophy of "we do what we do and don't worry about what they do" .. many coaches share that philosophy but in this conference you have a lot a teams that will take away everything you want to do, while laying bare every weakness you have and you have to come up with something different each game to counter it. All those slow starts aren't just us, it's the other coach exploiting a weakness.

That's the one area I would like to see huge improvement in. That's the one major flaw that is obviously a coaching weakness

We need to scout better and gameplan better. The in game tactical adjustments aren't horrible but the pre game strategies are severely lacking. If it's scouting, we need new assistants. If it's game planning, Miller needs to rethink his philosophy and adapt.

Last edited:
Reactions: MonroeCity
Of course it falls on him he's the coach that's his responsibility. He is the leader.

And I give you credit for a good post, you didn't whine or make hyperbolic statements and actually supplied reasoning for your opinion. That's rare. fwiw - The APR in year one still had an impact and he did have a few misses in late recruiting, this last year. So I'm not sure what options he had. I think the mistake was keeping all of Creans recruits from that year. Would have had more freedom in recruiting without them.

fwiw - I don't like how we prep, it's something that concerned me last year, continued into this year and showed up glaringly today. One week and we had nothing special. Every team seems to come up with something that bothers us in their game plan. We don't do the same and it's not just random, it's every fking game.

Miller has a philosophy of "we do what we do and don't worry about what they do" .. many coaches share that philosophy but in this conference you have a lot a teams that will take away everything you want to do, while laying bare every weakness you have and you have to come up with something different each game to counter it. All those slow starts aren't just us, it's the other coach exploiting a weakness.

That's the one area I would like to see huge improvement in. That's the one major flaw that is obviously a coaching weakness

We need to scout better and gameplan better. The in game tactical adjustments aren't horrible but the pre game strategies are severely lacking. If it's scouting, we need new assistants. If it's game planning, Miller needs to rethink his philosophy and adapt.

We do what we do. What exactly is it that we do?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT