ADVERTISEMENT

Finally, something worthy of discussion.

rikki-tikka-tava

All-American
Jul 17, 2002
And a welcome sojourn from the sour reek of bear-dung tainting the Board of late - a Game in which IU played like a Team that a fan could root for and believe in. Sure I am not alone in the mild glee of seeing Race beginning to emerge as a Player, or just enough out of Deron to imagine that he may have a real part to play in what lies ahead before Season's end, or TJD slowly morphing from manchild to man, or Jerome showing a bit more each outing to tantalize with what yet may be and not just by virtue of burying an NBA range threeball.

With all of that, Devo lighting it up, Franklin dogging his man like one possessed (if only for a couple minutes) and at times the Defense being all one could ask, suddenly there one is daring to think that on any given night this Squad could run with anyone in the country. And recalling that it's how Team's finish the Season that counts (visions of IU's last run to the Final with but one ringer and a lot of attitude under a Coach way in over his head). Not saying it will happen, only grateful that the possibility of something memorable coming from This Team This Year still has a beating heart.

Want more. Still a young Team, no idea what's cooking with its chemistry/mojo, but liked what much of what I saw against Iowa. When IU came out smoking to open the second half, simply thought "Bottle it". Can't, so have to hope They're finally onto something. Stay tuned Hoosier Nation. The Fat Lady ain't singing yet.

And a welcome sojourn from the sour reek of bear-dung tainting the Board of late - a Game in which IU played like a Team that a fan could root for and believe in. Sure I am not alone in the mild glee of seeing Race beginning to emerge as a Player, or just enough out of Deron to imagine that he may have a real part to play in what lies ahead before Season's end, or TJD slowly morphing from manchild to man, or Jerome showing a bit more each outing to tantalize with what yet may be and not just by virtue of burying an NBA range threeball.

With all of that, Devo lighting it up, Franklin dogging his man like one possessed (if only for a couple minutes) and at times the Defense being all one could ask, suddenly there one is daring to think that on any given night this Squad could run with anyone in the country. And recalling that it's how Team's finish the Season that counts (visions of IU's last run to the Final with but one ringer and a lot of attitude under a Coach way in over his head). Not saying it will happen, only grateful that the possibility of something memorable coming from This Team This Year still has a beating heart.

Want more. Still a young Team, no idea what's cooking with its chemistry/mojo, but liked what much of what I saw against Iowa. When IU came out smoking to open the second half, simply thought "Bottle it". Can't, so have to hope They're finally onto something. Stay tuned Hoosier Nation. The Fat Lady ain't singing yet.
What a waste can’t wait to come back to this thread tomorrow at 3:00

Reactions: Radio Zero
What a waste would best describe your human existence.
Wendys-new-Biggie-Bag.jpg

I’m just saying we are way too nice of fans we should b booing the shit out of them when they get down 16 points at home to a shitbird Purdue team, instead we just politely take it and keep quiet
Again, if you are this miserable, find another hobby. Move on. Leave this misery in the past.

I’m just saying we are way too nice of fans we should b booing the shit out of them when they get down 16 points at home to a shitbird Purdue team, instead we just politely take it and keep quiet

Yeah, you're such a 'nice fan'- so sweetly acidic, forgiving and venomously well-spoken.

Late flash chuckles - there is no "we". And If "booing the shit out if them" worked you wouldn't still be full of it.

Sure I am not alone in the mild glee of seeing Race beginning to emerge as a Player, or just enough out of Deron to imagine that he may have a real part to play in what lies ahead before Season's end, or TJD slowly morphing from manchild to man, or Jerome showing a bit more each outing to tantalize with what yet may be and not just by virtue of burying an NBA range threeball.

Despite TJD and DD missing so many shots near the basket, trends cited above seemed to hold against PSU. Justin and Aljami need to stop with the weak/forced passes. Like to see some more drive and dish action out of Devonte and a little greater emphasis on inside-out ball movement. Not knocking IU's interior guys but the ball hardly ever comes back out once it enters the post.

De'Ron's pass to a trailing TJD for the slam was one of the best plays of the Season. Does my heart good to see DD running (and getting up after falling down) - wasn't sure that would ever again be the case. Whatever else, really good to see DD, TJD, Race and Jerome all progressing - like to think it could yet make for a memorable year.

There was about a 10 minute stretch in that first half that was probably the most fun I've had while watching IU this season. Yes, the DD pass back to TJD for the slam was awesome to see. We all hate that they gave up that 19 point lead and actually fell behind but how encouraging was it that they took control back and finished it? Would be great to see that effort Thursday night.

Despite TJD and DD missing so many shots near the basket, trends cited above seemed to hold against PSU. Justin and Aljami need to stop with the weak/forced passes. Like to see some more drive and dish action out of Devonte and a little greater emphasis on inside-out ball movement. Not knocking IU's interior guys but the ball hardly ever comes back out once it enters the post.

De'Ron's pass to a trailing TJD for the slam was one of the best plays of the Season. Does my heart good to see DD running (and getting up after falling down) - wasn't sure that would ever again be the case. Whatever else, really good to see DD, TJD, Race and Jerome all progressing - like to think it could yet make for a memorable year.

I was thinking this in the last couple of games also. Sometimes it looks like they they just throw the ball up at the basket when they are guarded as opposed to finding an open shooter on the perimeter or re-posting.

Reactions: rikki-tikka-tava
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT