ADVERTISEMENT

Finally got caught up on GOT

patrick593

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 12, 2007
Columbus, OH
After missing the past two weeks while abroad...

Couple things:

The big fight:
Very very well done. Loved it and set up the whole Valyrian Steel. Whole fight was great, didn't feel zombie-y like I worried. Just undead mystical northern things

Set up for the big finale:
Zero doubt in my mind that Ollie will be the one to give JS the "for the watch" either initial hit or the final blow from the books. He keeps being the victim of JS working with the Wildlings. They're delivering that one on a silver platter for you
Second one is the big scene in the fighting pits. Jorah is screwed no matter what from the gray scale. He wants to fight in the pits and from the trailers pre season we know that Daenerys ends up in the pit surrounded by the harpy. Got to think he fights his way to the end, either dies, or gets injured... she goes down to his side and they pounce... Enter the big ending and Credits

Next season:
From reading some on line stuff it sounds like they're casting the Greyjoy storyline for next season. It will be interesting to see where they take it

Reek helps Sansa escape and sets Brienne on her next mission. Instead of killing Jamie its going to be finding Rickon and Bran.
Cersi story line spills into next season. The Mountain/Frankenstein has yet to make his appearance...
Jon Snow will have his big moment and without the red priestess... I dunno. Part of me thinks the the Winter King turns him into one of them. Still not sure with that
Sam is going to leave after Jon's Ending and head to the citadel
Bran will return next season and play a big role in Jon since he is essentially everywhere in time now.
I don't know what the hell theyr'e doing with the sand snakes. Maybe the send Jamie across the sea to pursue Daenerys

Makes me wonder about the sword Tywin smelted into 2 smaller swords? Will those swords still be effective or do you need the full might of the Valyrian steel to kill a white walker ... thus the reason the swords are so big to begin with.

Silly, silly Tywin. Gonna get the wielders (Brienne and Tommen?) of those swords killed. Did Tommen inherit Widow's Wail from Joffrey? Or Hearteater? Or both?

Last edited:
Makes me wonder about the sword Tywin smelted into 2 smaller swords? Will those swords still be effective or do you need the full might of the Valyrian steel to kill a white walker ... thus the reason the swords are so big to begin with.

Silly, silly Tywin. Gonna get the wielders (Brienne and Tommen?) of those swords killed. Did Tommen inherit Widow's Wail from Joffrey? Or Hearteater? Or both?
I don't think thats an issue... From the books I've always felt that the steel, regardless of how its used it magical.
IMO you're looking too far into it. The smelting of the great sword had more to do with the breaking of House Stark and the remaking of it into different paths.

I don't expect House Stark to ever be rebuilt, but I expect it to full alter every else

I don't think thats an issue... From the books I've always felt that the steel, regardless of how its used it magical.
IMO you're looking too far into it. The smelting of the great sword had more to do with the breaking of House Stark and the remaking of it into different paths.

I don't expect House Stark to ever be rebuilt, but I expect it to full alter every else

Then they should smelt them down into 5,000 knives.

And going back to that scene, I hated that it took them so long to think about the dragon glass. Other than that, it was alright. Still wish they would have killed some undead with the dragon glass before breaking out the Valyrian steel. It was a bit too contrived to earn my full appreciation.

And going back to that scene, I hated that it took them so long to think about the dragon glass. Other than that, it was alright. Still wish they would have killed some undead with the dragon glass before breaking out the Valyrian steel. It was a bit too contrived to earn my full appreciation.
The dragon glass kills the White Walkers, not the undead.

I think. I could be wrong.

Fair enough...
They have to build it up I guess

The second class, subservient to the White Walkers, is the wights. Wights are basically zombies:2 animal or human corpses that act as minions of the White Walkers. Potentially anything dead that’s within the range of a White Walker’s power can become a wight. Certainly any animal or human foe that falls in battle to the White Walkers and their wights will in turn become a wight. Bears, horses, mammoths, giants, people— whatever. The old tales even speak of wights that were giant spiders. Unlike White Walkers, wights don’t require special methods — such as dragonglass and Valyrian steel — to kill. Putting them down is simply a matter of hacking and slashing the zombie corpse into small enough pieces that it can no longer hurt anyone. Fire is the surest way to dispatch them.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-pros...f-the-nights-king-the-wights-and-dragonglass/

The second class, subservient to the White Walkers, is the wights. Wights are basically zombies:2 animal or human corpses that act as minions of the White Walkers. Potentially anything dead that’s within the range of a White Walker’s power can become a wight. Certainly any animal or human foe that falls in battle to the White Walkers and their wights will in turn become a wight. Bears, horses, mammoths, giants, people— whatever. The old tales even speak of wights that were giant spiders. Unlike White Walkers, wights don’t require special methods — such as dragonglass and Valyrian steel — to kill. Putting them down is simply a matter of hacking and slashing the zombie corpse into small enough pieces that it can no longer hurt anyone. Fire is the surest way to dispatch them.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-pros...f-the-nights-king-the-wights-and-dragonglass/
This is getting very nerdy but from watching the "inside the episode" at the end of the last episode Wights can only be killed by burning them... at least thats what the director said

I believe what I posted from a fan board last week:

Dany, after the whole series has been about how she raised herself from nothing to the leader of the world with her dragons....and you've rooted for her this entire time....is the prince that was promised or Azor Ahai (one is good, one is bad. I think Ahai is bad) and is really the ultimate villian in the series.

The Whitewalkers are rising because they know/have seen the rise of Dany and....Dany is the one with the dragons that can really **** the Whitewalkers up. That's also why they are more 'hey Jon Snow, we're not ****ing around here' vs total annihilation. It's probably why they let the original guy go (they killed his two friends and left him to spread the word).

Theory is someone from the living made a pact with the whitewalkers...a pact by marriage some time ago. . Some living dude ended up marrying and banging a whitewalker princess. Many think that dude is the Night King that stared Jon in the face last week. Anyway the theory is this pact is what ended the first winter, since in reality no humans can beat the whitewalkers that peace came out of negotiation and diplomacy. Theory is it was the whitewalkers who actually built the wall to keep the living down south and their lands up north.

In addition to this theory it's suggested that Rheagar knew of this pact somehow and that his future ancestors could ruin it...then the whole world would be in huge pile of shit. So he banged Lyanna because the Stark blood supposedly has whitewalker in it (and it's why some are thinking that's how Jon was able to kick that one guys ass, the sword but it was the stark blood) and it will be Jon...who has the rightful aire to the throne over Dany who will be the guy who ends up negotiating the end of the winter sealing it by marrying and banging another ice princess like what happened a 1000 years ago.

I guess I just like the idea that Dany being the ultimate villain this whole time. Not that she knows it but ultimately she is the one who could destroy everything.

This is all just fan theory of course.

I believe what I posted from a fan board last week:

Dany, after the whole series has been about how she raised herself from nothing to the leader of the world with her dragons....and you've rooted for her this entire time....is the prince that was promised or Azor Ahai (one is good, one is bad. I think Ahai is bad) and is really the ultimate villian in the series.

The Whitewalkers are rising because they know/have seen the rise of Dany and....Dany is the one with the dragons that can really **** the Whitewalkers up. That's also why they are more 'hey Jon Snow, we're not ****ing around here' vs total annihilation. It's probably why they let the original guy go (they killed his two friends and left him to spread the word).

Theory is someone from the living made a pact with the whitewalkers...a pact by marriage some time ago. . Some living dude ended up marrying and banging a whitewalker princess. Many think that dude is the Night King that stared Jon in the face last week. Anyway the theory is this pact is what ended the first winter, since in reality no humans can beat the whitewalkers that peace came out of negotiation and diplomacy. Theory is it was the whitewalkers who actually built the wall to keep the living down south and their lands up north.

In addition to this theory it's suggested that Rheagar knew of this pact somehow and that his future ancestors could ruin it...then the whole world would be in huge pile of shit. So he banged Lyanna because the Stark blood supposedly has whitewalker in it (and it's why some are thinking that's how Jon was able to kick that one guys ass, the sword but it was the stark blood) and it will be Jon...who has the rightful aire to the throne over Dany who will be the guy who ends up negotiating the end of the winter sealing it by marrying and banging another ice princess like what happened a 1000 years ago.

I guess I just like the idea that Dany being the ultimate villain this whole time. Not that she knows it but ultimately she is the one who could destroy everything.

This is all just fan theory of course.
We'll know when the next book comes out.

If the White Walkers are genuine characters, and not just an elaborate plot device, one of them will get some POV chapters in the next book.

I thought you needed obsidian to kill the walkers. Didn't the fat guy discover this?

The major threat to the whole series is that Martin will die before he finishes the books.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT